• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm making a list of cool sounding latin names for all the player countries and google translate will only get me so far. Could someone help me?

So far I have:

Denmark: Regnum Daniae et Britanniae
Russia: Omnes Ruthenia
Loire: Regnum Ligeris
Bavaria: Regnum Bavariae
Finland: Magnum Ducatus Finlandia
Germany: Imperium Romagnum Occidentale
Byzantium: Imperium Romagnum Orientale

Al Andalus: Something something Iberia
Persia: Something something Persarum
Egypt: Something something Aegyptus

I'm sure most of you can come up with some vast improvements. Please chime in.

Very fine writing indeed.

KoM how long does it take you on average to write a piece like this?

Thank you!

It depends on my inspiration for the week. Once I have an idea, the words flow pretty quickly; this week's AAR took me about two hours, and is around 900 words. But if I'm uninspired it flows like molasses. It can take me four or five hours to get up to 500 and stop with a sigh of relief. Of course most of that time is not spent staring at the keyboard, rather I faff about on the interwebs.

So far I have:

:(

I'm making a list of cool sounding latin names for all the player countries and google translate will only get me so far. Could someone help me?

So far I have:

I'm sure most of you can come up with some vast improvements. Please chime in.

As I am trying to stick with Holy Roman Empire why not use its latin name - Imperium Romanum Sacrum ?

I like it so far, but I don't know what Ligeris means.

Google translation of Loire, the river.

As I am trying to stick with Holy Roman Empire why not use its latin name - Imperium Romanum Sacrum ?

Mostly because I then would have difficulty naming Byzantium. I dunno, I like the distinction between west and east rome.

There is no Croato-Polish commonwealth. The Croatians are molesting the Polish population as we speak.

The only thing I can see is that Poland was burning while ruled by a Tilius, and is prospering and producing enough food for its actual population (for the first time in decades!) while ruled by a Radomir. Surely, this "molesting" is better than the starving, raping and killing that was going on before.

The only thing I can see is that Poland was burning while ruled by a Tilius, and is prospering and producing enough food for its actual population (for the first time in decades!) while ruled by a Radomir. Surely, this "molesting" is better than the starving, raping and killing that was going on before.

So, the food is now sufficient for the remaining Poles?
I wonder from where those dastardly croats get their extra meat? ...:eek:
:rofl:

Croatia has twice occupied Constantinople, both times by picking on the AI. (Well, the first time they did it by outsourcing; Germany picked on the AI for them.) In both cases, Constantinople was retaken by Rome shortly after I gained or regained control of the Empire and Croatia DOWed me. The Croato-Polish state may well be a tougher customer, of course; a 50% increase in manpower and strategic depth is by no means to be despised. But on the record, Croatia can beat Rome one on one if, and only if, the AI controls Rome. And on that standard, Finland could defeat Rome. While it was still a Duchy. Fighting Russia and Denmark at the same time.