• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mupdate session #3!

Unfortunately I could only play 1 hour before Tele2 pulled the plug, but the AI was able to complete half of my objectives for this session, despite screwing with my sliders and laws.

session3.jpg

I think I got most of the changes

Note the consolidation of our two majors, The Rus and Persia. Also the growth of Poland, Egypt, Wales and Toulouse pledging to the Rus.

Last edited:
Why are you giving Persia and me the evil colours?

I believe pink and light blue would fit much better. D:

Edit: Note that I'm kidding, Russia looks pretty bad-ass. I like it. Don't you dare to give me pink. :p

Why are you giving Persia and me the evil colours?

I believe pink and light blue would fit much better.

The ruskies are always red on all my maps, and the Abbasids banners were historically black, in contrast to Fatimid whites.

I'll look into your colour suggestions :)

The alledged gwynned expansion is nothing but mere propaganda;)
In reality (thougth this passed from all us players) it seems like the Biggest Dutchy in Ireland has also pledged for King of Normandie...that indeed seemed to be one of those crazy client interference bugs we are suffering with in this game.

Last edited:
The alledged gwynned expansion is nothing but mere propaganda;)
In reality (thougth this passed from all us players) it seems like the Biggest Dutchy in Ireland has also pledged for King of Normandie...that indeed seemed to be one of those crazy client interference bugs we are suffering with in this game.

Amended.

Also found some romans in Outremer... KoM, what are they doing there? :mad::p

Side note: 'Outremer' is a French word, from 'mer' sea and 'outre' other side of; hence over-the-sea. It is not a very in-character term for an Egyptian dynasty to use.

As for what we're doing there, why don't you ask the Persians who have something like ten times as many provinces in the area? If you infidels aren't going to stop them from expanding right to the wine-dark water, you can hardly complain when other powers with a legitimate security interest in the area step up in your place.

Side note: 'Outremer' is a French word, from 'mer' sea and 'outre' other side of; hence over-the-sea. It is not a very in-character term for an Egyptian dynasty to use.

Despite having lived in Ar Riyadh my arabic is unfortunately nonexistant, so I went for the most southern language I was familiar with. If anybody wishes to volunteer their translatory services they are most welcome to do so. :)

As for what we're doing there, why don't you ask the Persians who have something like ten times as many provinces in the area? If you infidels aren't going to stop them from expanding right to the wine-dark water, you can hardly complain when other powers with a legitimate security interest in the area step up in your place.

Diplomatic dispatches have been sent, peace in out time, etc. Its kind of hard to make them when they have 4 times my manpower, Alexandria is under siege by wild norweigans and scots, and the AI has gone feudal elective whilst letting half of my province improvements get burned to the ground. :/ That said I believe I have just enough to come forcevassalize intruding romans ;)

I suspect my liege will have something to say about that. My liege, you should note, is allied to the King of Nubia. Try anything with me and ten thousand spears will march, skin-clad savages from the very sources of the Nile! Also, as long as I have a liege, you can't forcevassalise me anyway. Nyah, nyah!

Edit: Wait wait, did you say feudal elective? Infidel, you can vassalise me any time! :D

Ok, ok, it's a phrase. It's not to be taken literally. Antioch alone has something on the order of fifteen thousand. Nubia can muster many more. But 'ten thousand spears' is a ringing challenge which alludes to any number of historical incidents, including Xenophon's Anabasis and the Ten Thousand Immortals of the Persian kings of antiquity. You infidels have no sense of poetry.

Despite having lived in Ar Riyadh my arabic is unfortunately nonexistant, so I went for the most southern language I was familiar with. If anybody wishes to volunteer their translatory services they are most welcome to do so. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arabic_place_names

Palestine would be "Filastin", modern-day Jordan (the country) would be "al'-Urdunn"

But I find "Palestine" to be sufficiently in-character. No need to bother people with Arabic transliterations unless you feel you need to... Just don't refer to the region as "Israel" or "Judaea", that would be anachronistic :p

Edit: Wait wait, did you say feudal elective? Infidel, you can vassalise me any time! :D

Sigh, yes. And I can't change it for a another decade... I'm probably gonna need some assassins help with my vassals inheriting.

But after that, tremble! :p

Levithan said:
Palestine would be "Filastin", modern-day Jordan (the country) would be "al'-Urdunn"

I think I'm just going to refer to the whole region as Jerusalem...

Frosty said:
diplomacy, peace in out time, etc

...and Foels is generously offering to sell it to me for half my kingdom :)

Last edited:
Discussion on what realms we suspect won't be viable with conversion even as middle weight powers.

1. Persia

Because Persia will ostensibly be sandwitched between the enlarged Timmurids on one side and in most likely hood King of Men's Byzantium in the other and Russia to the north I cannot help but feel distinctly that Persia will be suffering from some very acute income and manpower issues that when considering the size and potential of Mughals and Russia will probably make Persia a fairly good candidate for rumpage unless he can quickly as of now expand to the Med, get some concessions in the Caucasus or gambling... Try to make a stab at the Timmurids and taking away the rest of Persia and secure a path to India, its possible as assuming Falador/Nickomite takes control and Jodukus somewhere in China right next to him there is ample oppurtunity for cooperative assault, also Russia will want to secure its Siberian path and what better way then to ally up with persia to assault the Mughals before they consolidate their northern frontier??

2. Egypt

Almost as bad position as Persia, Africa is not only less income and manpower but he has an easily undefendable north vis a vis Byzantium or any of the Mare Nostrum powers of whoever is in italy, southern france or Spain all of whom may want to grab Alexandria at some point. Where the situation improves significantly is that Africa is huge of colonizable land to allow some sandbox expansion but this is where if you go far enough it comes full circle as ostensibly some African states will be buffed to allow human players there rather then one or two blobs in Africa further strangling Egypt in its noose.

Not much Egypt can do other then to compete vigourously for the Holy Land to gain a better buffer and to expand quickly to the atlantic is possible to ensure he doesn't shareafrica with Spain.

3. Byzantium

In comparison Byzantium comes off very well here, nice routes of expansion into the middle east, possible the south of Ukraine and of course the Balkans are all availiable and through lack of suitable players even Italy, in theory Byzantium is going to be in a fairly good position if King of Men can inherit Byzantium asap, where this doesn't look so rosy is regardless of how it look now eventually he will run out of easy room to expand, Russia will be a considerable power (assuming current trends continue) in EU3 locking that route as impossible, even if he gets Italy that would be the rational maximum extant of mediteranium gains as Spain and the France player woould absolutely refuse to broke further expansion westwards, while its easy to imagine him gaining the Balkans expanding into Austria or Silesia will meet swift German and Polish resistance possibly with Russian assistance is VR plays his cards right.

And ultimately Byzantium is "colony locked" it will be inconceivable for Byzantium to be able to gain colonies but on the plus size, considering Ecylon's prowess last EU3 with a fairly small Byzantium I believe Byzantium this time can do fairly well albeit within certain constraints.

4. Poland; much worse compared to Byz, while it is possibly plausible for Poland to gain colonies with considerable effort this is only possible if it devotes itself to it and orients itself to a policy of being the "Good Polish Neighbour" to Russia and Germany preferring to stay within its own secured modern polish borders rather then to try to expand into a Great Poland, otherwise such an effort in EU3 would make any form of colonization impossible, Poland can have colonies or it can have an enlarged european presence not both at least in the early game.

5. Denmark; While it can quite naturally become the dominant Scandinavian power and is in a far better position then Poland to colonize the new world it will never have the material manpower or economic base to challenge and enlarged EU3 Russia, a consolidated Germany or Poland land, sea or anywhere, its only path I believe is to colonize and to stay out of European squabbles.

6. Toulouse and Flanders; As long as they cooperate and split France between them into a "France/Neatherlands" arrangement they should be able to do well in both European combat and extraeuropean colonial grabs.

But regardless things dont look good for Egypt and Persia.

1. Persia

Needs to be contained! :eek:

But you're assuming there will be a Timurid player, and that Russia will be allowed to rule Alania and Armenia unopposed.

2. Egypt

I will need expansion, yes. But my west and north is still up for grabs, and E.Africa is reasonably wealthy and I have all of EU III to expand into more populated areas for Vicky.

3. Byzantium

Will need to beat down somebody eventually, and grab a good bit of the Balkans to remain viable without colonies. Italy is already under heavy competition.

4. Poland;

Has a prime position to make a stab at the empty Balkans, but will need to take a chunk out of Russia before it's to late.

5. Denmark

Needs to make a move somewhere fast, scandinavia isn't enough to sustain a competitive player...

6. Toulouse, Saxony, Wales, Seville and Flanders

will do just fine

7. The big bad Rus

Will get a coalition thrown his way eventually...

But regardless things dont look good for Egypt and Persia.

The 3 middle east players can coexist as medium powers if they wish, but if there is to be a major there somebody will need to give eventually, yes.

The current Asian Scenario as edited by Dano has the Timmurids significantly buffed to make up for the Converter Loss of Persia, they have Muslem tech group which puts them at level 6 techs across the board, Persia ostensibly being a Latin country at conversion in line with the "give europe its virtue of being white people starting edge" will only have level 3 techs and will be 50 years to catch up, Timmurids will also have a War Chest, a God-King with 9-9-9 stats and given level 1 forts everywhere.

Suddenly Persia doesn't look as healthy even if we were to assume Von Runny was charitable enough to give up the southern Caucasus and Kazakstan to persia its starting position is still bleak.

What the Timmurids could do in a inversed Von Bock Maneuver would be to preemptive strike turkey immediately while it has its land army at its force limits and a god general crush them and split them into several smaller states and BAM western flank secured until Russia started pushing into Sibersk.

2. Egypt

I will need expansion, yes. But my west and north is still up for grabs, and E.Africa is reasonably wealthy and I have all of EU III to expand into more populated areas for Vicky.

Assuming you get Palistine and Western Africa and Eastern africa is as wealthy as you say it is I think you'll be decent enough through EU3 but if Spain gets Algereria before you and if King of Men grabs a portion of Palistine you'll I think start feeling the noose, though I don't see anything stopping you in East Africa, I'll be looking forward to trading with you come EU3, wanna join my trade league?

3. Byzantium

Will need to beat down somebody eventually, and grab a good bit of the Balkans to remain viable without colonies. Italy is already under heavy competition.

Italy definately I feel will be the med's main battle ground for influence but I don't see anything successfully stopping them from gaining the Balkans up to Austria.

4. Poland;

Has a prime position to make a stab at the empty Balkans, but will need to take a chunk out of Russia before it's to late.

Poland definatelly needs to make its European expansion in CK if it wants to be viable in CK, cores and what not but I think its too late to grab anything from Russia without a huge coalition AND Russia having a civil war.

5. Denmark

Needs to make a move somewhere fast, scandinavia isn't enough to sustain a competitive player...

Aye.

6. Toulouse, Saxony, Wales, Seville and Flanders

will do just fine

Agreed, if Golle can learn how to master merchant trading and unites all of England I forsee him being a good candidate for martitime strength.

7. The big bad Rus

Will get a coalition thrown his way eventually...

They can try...

The 3 middle east players can coexist as medium powers if they wish, but if there is to be a major there somebody will need to give eventually, yes.

I forget do we have a Palistine player? If not and you mean Byz as #3 yeah, if they cooperate yeah, game theory is pretty clear on this it secures a flank for each of them effectively locks out Russian influence and allows everyone to go whichever which way they feel they need to go.

While we're at it we should probably draw up EU3 maps of what would be best for each.