• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But they can attack me?

Anyone can attack you. Whether or not they would isn't part of the treaty or definition of "sides". All the treaty does is ensure a NAP between the "side" of those included in the war and the "side" of those who never did go to war.

For example: Bavaria would be breaking the treaty if he DOW'd you. But if I or Michael DOW'd you, we wouldn't be breaking the treaty.

KoM said:
Belated Treaty of Lasting-but-not-Eternal Friendship and Non-Aggression

Signed

KoM said:
the Caliph of Dar al-Islam

The Calipha is both surprised and gladdened by Constantinople admitting to him being the one rightful overlord of all Moslemdom! We assume you will then have no quarrel with us bringing the renegade Shah and his necromancers into rightful line and law?

Last edited:
BOO NAP

Death to the greeks!
Sack Corinth! Sack Constantinople! Sack more places with a C in Byzantion!

Down with the Hellenes! May god be with the Holy Roman Church!

Go with God, Christian Warriors, and slay the heathen savages! Send them to their blasphemous "prophet" in hell! Drive them into their desert to die! Burn their heretical scriptures! Hang their "preists"!
Deus Vult! Deus Vult! DEUS VULT!

And remember to pick up some OJ while you're out, please.

I believe you mean "in Bulgaria"?

Why is a nation ruled from Constantinople, Orthodox in religion, ruled largely by Greeks, and a direct descendant of Rome called "Bulgaria?" That would be like calling Russia "Belarus" or the Caliphate "Tunisia."

Why is a nation ruled from Constantinople, Orthodox in religion, ruled largely by Greeks, and a direct descendant of Rome called "Bulgaria?" That would be like calling Russia "Belarus" or the Caliphate "Tunisia."

Because he has Bulgaria as primary title and hasn't edited himself to be king of Byzantium?

Juan_de_Marco said:
Death to the greeks!
Sack Corinth! Sack Constantinople! Sack more places with a C in Byzantion!

Down with the Hellenes!

We're on it, but got held up by the imminent threat of Persian clone-zombies! :eek:

Juan_de_Marco said:
May god be with the Holy Roman Church!

The Catholic one? Don't get your hopes up. The only ones left are the Pope, Denmark, Bavaria and Croatia. The Danes had their papal puppet excomm Bavaria and Croatia for invading Poland, and now threatens Croatia with another excomm if it annexes Poland. Prompting the Croats to start contemplating converting to Orthodoxy! Meanwhile the Pope himself is caught in the middle of the iconograpers angry over his claims of being their superior, and the Moslems angry over his calls for a renewed crusade against Jerusalem! At this rate who knows if there will be anything left of the western church by the time we convert?!

Last edited:
The treaty is valid for everyone who signs it. But I note that most of the listed nations have already agreed to it in the negotiations last week; I won't necessarily require a signature post here if I think someone is taking advantage.

Kingdom of Georgia feels uncomfortable that it is refered as Dutchy in the treaty. Would the NAP only protect our prince tittle of Finland? But to end the Kingdom, its not covered by the NAP and anyone can wage war against untill the point of threathening the dutchy?....thats why there is a wish for alterations of the letters and at this Point King Jurva I Dôn is not bothering to sign it as a prince, becouse beeing a King is all what the Peace treaty was about

Last edited:
Kingdom of Georgia feels uncomfortable that it is refered as Dutchy in the treaty.

Naww.

In other news:

Russia gifts 5 balkan provs to Croatia!

France gives some provs back to Western Empire!

Bavaria hands over the 2 Prussian provs not directly on the baltic coast to Russia!

Caliphate and West Rome signs NAP!

The Emperor of the West, and the Calipha of the Dar al-Islam, recognizing the grievous damage the Emperors Crusade has done on Mediterranean trade as well as the need to combat the rising threat of piracy and Greeks, agreeing to put past grievances behind them, vows to use their power and influence to stabilize the volatile seas by decreeing peace between the two realms. Both lords shall do their utmost to arrest any brigands or pirates operating out of their lands, and bring any man found guilty of funding or providing safe haven for such activities before justice. Lord or otherwise. No burden of toll shall be lifted heavier upon one trader over the other based on skin or creed, and no fleet shall be denied port for any reason other than unlawful piracy. Pertaining to the Arabs in Sicily and the other islands, and the pilgrims to Jerusalem, both lords shall them give full protection from harm within their realms and allow no unlawful harm to become them. Thus shall peace and security return to our seas, and prosperity to our peoples. In the name of Allah, most wise, most merciful.

The Sicillian Pact;

I. No sovereign of either party shall attack any sovereign of the other party, nor their vassals, nor their allies; and shall make swift peace on behalf of any vassal that attacks a sovereign, or vassal, or ally of the other party, requiring no reparations or tribute.

II. No sovereign of either party shall send, or have a third party send, assassins against the realm or dynasty of the other sovereign or his allies.

III. No sovereign of either party shall accept a liege oath for any land now owned by a sovereign of the other party, or his allies, whether by rebellion, diplomacy, or inheritance; but shall return any such lands without prejudice to their current owner.

IV. This treaty and compact shall last until the first of January, 1270.

Last edited:
"Or have a third party send"; tricky, that. I don't know that I care to enforce it by edits. A screenshot can show that nation X sent assassins to Y, but it cannot show whether a third nation put X up to it. Of course, you're welcome to trust each other on the point, but I suggest you not rely on having anyone excommed for breaches of that particular clause.

Kingdom of Georgia feels uncomfortable that it is refered as Dutchy in the treaty. Would the NAP only protect our prince tittle of Finland? But to end the Kingdom, its not covered by the NAP and anyone can wage war against untill the point of threathening the dutchy?....thats why there is a wish for alterations of the letters and at this Point King Jurva I Dôn is not bothering to sign it as a prince, becouse beeing a King is all what the Peace treaty was about

Not Duchy, but Grand Duchy. This is an honour diplomatically equivalent to a Kingdom; it merely reflects the local colour of the title, just as 'Shahanshah', 'Sultan', and 'Caliph' do. No disrespect, insult, or downgrading of the Finnish state is intended, and all the titles and honours of Jurva Don are protected under this wording.

Grand Dutchy is actually the title of Finland when it was incorporated to the Russian empire historically ;)...words can have hidden menace if one isent writing carefully

Signed by King Jurva I Dôn

"Or have a third party send"; tricky, that. I don't know that I care to enforce it by edits.

We would obviously have to prove it, which would require either the assassin in question to be convinced to divulge evidence of his crime as well as evidence of the party requesting the treaty-breaking deed in question, or the party carelessly letting damning communications fall into the hands of the aggrieved party. Enormously unlikely, yes. We shall simply have to trust in the honour of our counterparts. Something we feel quite safe in doing, its not like they're Greeks or anything.