• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now now, the Persians were clearly mad scientists

*snort* They said I was crazy! They rejected my theories and my research! They said "Why would anyone want to clone Justin Bieber?".

But they would learn. YES! They. Would. LEARN!!

*snort* They said I was crazy! They rejected my theories and my research! They said "Why would anyone want to clone Justin Bieber?".

But they would learn. YES! They. Would. LEARN!!

Death to Persia, before it's to late! Excomms be damned!

Speaking of excomms, we still haven't written up that NAP in this thread, as the rules technically require for enforcement by edit. So let's see.

Belated Treaty of Lasting-but-not-Eternal Friendship and Non-Aggression

The Most High Contracting Parties, comprising

the Basileus Romaion, the Shahanshah of Iran and non-Iran, the Most Puissant King of Bavaria, the Grand Duke of Finland, and the High King of Denmark, for the one part; and

the Czar of All the Russias, the Caliph of Dar al-Islam, the Most Holy Roman Emperor, the Sultan of Cordoba, the king of France, and the king of Croatia, for the other part;

desiring a period of peaceful preparation for the next conflict, and each believing that he will himself benefit more than his neighbour, have this day agreed the following terms of compact:

I. No sovereign of either party shall attack any sovereign of the other party, nor their vassals; and shall make swift peace on behalf of any vassal that attacks a sovereign or vassal of the other party, requiring no reparations or tribute.

II. No sovereign of either party shall send assassins to the realm of any sovereign of the other party.

III. No sovereign of either party shall accept a liege oath for any land now owned by a sovereign of the other party, whether by rebellion, diplomacy, or inheritance; but shall return any such lands without prejudice to their current owner. For this purpose it is understood that those boyars currently in rebellion against the Czar shall nonetheless be considered part of the Czar's realm.

IV. Poland is specifically excluded from all protection of this treaty, and is to be held an outlaw nation, beyond the pale of civilised law, to be dealt with as wolves are.

V. This treaty and compact shall last until the first of January, 1250; and past that time, all acts which have been held unlawful under this agreement will no longer be punished by God or man.

King of Georgia finds some of the articles amusing and request reversing them

King of Georgia finds some of the articles amusing and request reversing them

Uh, no.

The Most Byzantine Child-King of Croatia signs.

Speaking of excomms, we still haven't written up that NAP in this thread, as the rules technically require for enforcement by edit.

Hehehe... really? Reaaaaaaally?

Muahahahahahaha

Wait what? When did I become a party to this treaty? Also, if not all parties sign, is the treaty still valid? Or do you have to write a new one?

Presumably, you'll just be excluded.

That said,

SIGNED by the Sultan of Al-Andalus / Cordoba / Leon / That One Nation In Spain Which Isn't Jakalo

IV. Poland is specifically excluded from all protection of this treaty, and is to be held an outlaw nation, beyond the pale of civilised law, to be dealt with as wolves are.

you-bastards-bunny-cry-bastards-demotivational-poster-1220016459.jpg

Wait what? When did I become a party to this treaty? Also, if not all parties sign, is the treaty still valid? Or do you have to write a new one?

I thought you might not want to be left out, since everybody else and their little bunnies is going to have NAPs next session. If someone decided to attack you, roughly half of Europe would be bound not to come to your defense.

The treaty is valid for everyone who signs it. But I note that most of the listed nations have already agreed to it in the negotiations last week; I won't necessarily require a signature post here if I think someone is taking advantage.

I thought you might not want to be left out, since everybody else and their little bunnies is going to have NAPs next session. If someone decided to attack you, roughly half of Europe would be bound not to come to your defense.

The treaty is valid for everyone who signs it. But I note that most of the listed nations have already agreed to it in the negotiations last week; I won't necessarily require a signature post here if I think someone is taking advantage.

Yeah I mean I plan on signing, I was just confused as I hadn't been a part of the negotiations and what not and then my name was on the treaty.

Signed

Yeah I mean I plan on signing, I was just confused as I hadn't been a part of the negotiations and what not and then my name was on the treaty.

Signed

Didn't you know? You just picked sides by not picking sides :).

Well, the way I wrote it you had to be on one side or the other, and I thought you'd like to be with your ally Jakalo.