• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
at which time Arkadios was still alive.

And he was of course, in turn, less than those who came before him. ;) You can't claim his ilk holds a candle to the likes of Aristotle or Alexander

(at the time I had not bothered to in passing ask a professor the proper pluralization of Greek names, or gotten dragged into the resulting maelstrom of never ending linguistic babble and anecdotes, and subsequently decided to stick with the wrongful anglified grammar as it fitted well into my propaganda stance on the greeks plus being conveniently easier to remember to boot)

Its a part of the Arabs building their enlightened society on the back on Greek thinkers at the same time as decrying them as evil and decadent. Solution;

Greeks now=bad, evil, deceitful, smelly

Greeks then=good, enlightened, wafting of roses

Which conveniently follows the philosophical consensus of the only good Greek being a dead Greek :D

I'm shocked and appalled!

I'm sure you are :p

Last edited:
I have made many times the assertion that the greeks of this timeline are degenerate, ie less than their forebearers, who were great minds and warriors. Arkaidos was far more a man than these wretches can ever wish. At least he understood loyalty, duty, and the proper conduct of those who wish to be called Men. What slithers out from Constantinople these days is not fit to pretend they are of the same stock as the men who fought Calipha Ala'i himself to a draw!

(so my insults are complex, what of it? :p )

..wonder if this would count as a Casus Belli? :D

And he was of course, in turn, less than those who came before him. You can't claim his ilk holds a candle to the likes of Aristotle or Alexander.

Perhaps so, but they were not Komnenoi, they were Greeks - Hellenes, if you like. If you want to call the Greek-speaking peoples now inhabiting Anatolia and the southern Balkans 'Hellenids', that would make sense as an insult. But the Komnenos family begins (for our purposes at least) with Mikael of Antioch, and while a great man, he was not the equal of his son Arkadios.

The coalition suggests the following compromise peace, based on the Caliphate's proposal. Bavaria gains the lands and title of the Duchy of Prussia; Rome gains the Black Sea coast north of Constantinople; Persia gains the area east of the sea of Azov. This is all as suggested by the Caliphate. In addition, to compensate the duke of Finland for the loss of Prussia, Finland is declared an independent Kingdom with the borders outlined below; Gotland, however, shall return to Russia.

These are the proposed changes, with the new state of Finland in red:

demandsdraft3.png

Finally, all the belligerents shall sign a Treaty of Friendship and Nonaggression, to expire in 1250. Each party shall pledge not to interfere in anyone else's internal disputes, including the current civil war in Russia; and shall return any lands or vassals of the other signatories that they may acquire. It shall be understood that the vassals of Russia, for this purpose, include the territories currently in rebellion.

Concerning the above, the discussion on Ederon so far;

Caliphate objects to 20yr NAP!

Poland attempts to surrender to Finland in a vain attempt to avoid the wrath of his former protector!

Rus refuses 20 year NAP and doesn't want Finland bordering Novgorod!

It also declares its intention to do bad things to Poland!

Poland threatens to burn itself to the ground and accept nothing but full annexation!

Russia appears undeterred! :D

Wasn't the intent of the war to weaken Russia? If they are allowed to absorb all of Poland then the above losses would be minor.

Poland is surrendering to the soon-to-be independent Finland if I understand correctly.

Wasn't the intent of the war to weaken Russia? If they are allowed to absorb all of Poland then the above losses would be minor.

It was, people with big armies objected

Poland is surrendering to the soon-to-be independent Finland if I understand correctly.

Russia appears to have plans for it regardless

NEWSFLASH; The coalition appears willing to sign a NAP with all the 'neutral' powers as well!

If Polland is to be subjugated to >>Finnish protection, it would mean that it would be naturally covered by the NAP...
Also, concerns over the security of Novgorod are bit lucarative, the province's own regiment propaprly surpass everything this Prussia/Gotland less Finland could muster

Russia had it's change to peacefully adsorb Poland but they refused and clearly stated that they were going to kill every last one of the Polish people first. So by all means we welcome them to do so but let it be said that the Polish people wont just give up and they will fight on until the last one of them kicks the bucket and the Polish towns and hamlets are burning.

Every last four of them!

with only 2 child Tiliuses to kill before Ike is reduced to OPM status I suspect resistance will be light :p

But now Poland won't go pagan :(

but Poland goes to space! :)...that if vR kicks it high enough...

The Patriot​

polish_peoples_army.png

In the year of our lord 1231 the Polarian Empire was coming close to it's end after they had placed their trusts in the wrong persons, which was about to cost them their Empire as well as their lives. It was after the death of Duke Zeimomysl Tilius, son of Mszczuj I Tilius Dominar of Polaria, when the son of Zeimomysl, Mszczuj II Tilius was approached by the Greek ambassadors. They brought an letter with them that contained an offer signed by the Emperor of the Byzantion. This letter contained an offer to expand in to the east to the Russian lands which were now ravaged by a civil war, the Kommenid Emperor offered Polaria an place in their Anti-Russian Alliance if Polaria would contribute in to the war that was soon to be declared against Russia. Polaria would have been gaining land towards the river Pripet if they were to join but after the the rise of several rebel counts in Polaria, Mszczuj II had to turn down the offer at the time but he said to the ambassadors that they should bring the Kommenids a message that after the end of the Polarian Civil War Polaria might be able to join.

So Mszczuj II marched to defeat the Rebels and he got close before his untimely death in Kaliskie where his armies defeated the Rebels but he suffered severe wounds that later killed him. So his oldes living son Swietopelk I Tilius inherited the throne of Polaria at the age of 14 in the year 1229. The young Dominar had inherited a land in turmoil and faced an great task to unify the land with the guidance of the Polarian Nobles. Only after a year of the coronation of Swietopelk I the Greek ambassadors returned to hear the answer of the Polarian's. Byzantion had already declared war against Russia together with Persia and they now waited Polarian response. The nobles were against the declaration of war against their former friend but when they heard that Byzantion had offered the Prussian lands previously offered to Polaria to the Bavarians the Polish nobles got furious and a war was declared on Russia.

The nobles soon realized that they had been deceived and Byzantion had never any intentions to give any land to Polarians as they just wanted to use their armies to create pressure on the Russians. By this time both Chemiskie and Marienburg had been conquered by the Polarians to protect the Prussian people. When the ARA started peace negotiations with All the Russias the Polarian delegate was not even mentioned and their claims were to be given to the Bavarians who had been constantly losing battles against the Russian and Finnish armies. Furious about this the the Polarian delegate contacted the Byzantion and the ARA only to be given an answer about how the Polarians were dishonorable scums and were not part of the alliance.

The nobles returned to Polaria and started immediately to plan for their future actions. They offered to give up the title of Polarian Empire to the Russians and pledging themselves to All the Russias. They even offered to give up all of their lands without a fight to All the Russias. But every time the Russian answer was "I must break you". The Polarian nobles started to get worried and even went so far that they offered themselves to the Finnish lords who were now involved in the peace talks. But again the Russian answer came with a cold voice and it was "We will destroy your nation and your people". When news of this reached the Polish population they immediately made it clear that the Russians may come to try and take over their lands but the Polish people would fight to the bitter end and as long as a one Polarian able to fight was standing Polish people wouldn't be defeated. When the Nobles and the Dominar heard of this they pledged their full support to the people of Polaria and swore that Polaria would rather burn than submit to the Russians.

OOC: AAR reward is for Golle.

..wonder if this would count as a Casus Belli? :D

Given the current tensions, fishermen of both nations looking at each other funny could be construed as a Casus Belli. When one is needed, one will pop up.