• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, are the Danes doing anything in this war?

Threatening to intervene against our intervention? It would be nice for the Danes to state more precise their commitment to war, and what goals its possible intervention would have..

First of all, the lands that you hold, you hold in the name of the Czar. If you deny him the right to do as he wish with his own land then you are just another rebel.
And if you do lose that land you could always get some other provinces from Russia’s other vassals to compensate for it.

I have pledged to the Tsar, yeas, but Im not his bailift, but his vassal. My lands are my lands and Bavaria declared his war upon me, Not against the Tsar himself. If the Tsar steppes to my toes, then I rebel like any other Prince would do whom the Liege think he can toss around as much as he likes. So no free pass for Bavaria in this war, If you want piece of me, then you need to start figthing better....

Last edited:
Order of the Stick is most Definitively D&D, most likely the old Advanced D&D..There is a Bard!

It's certainly D&D, yes. But that's like me referring to the Eye of Vecna and you saying "D&D" instead of "Greyhawk". There are specifics and you gave generalities.

Regarding the peace proposed by the Caliphate and False Empire, Rome has a long and proud history of not kicking bears in the balls. If you hunt bear, you shoot it through the heart; otherwise you leave it alone.

Regarding the peace proposed by the Caliphate and False Empire, Rome has a long and proud history of not kicking bears in the balls. If you hunt bear, you shoot it through the heart; otherwise you leave it alone.

There are two more bears, you are out of arrows. You should have left it alone. You can always try playing dead.

After the Bear has saved your life and fed your Children!

Ah yes, this. Are the aggressors aware just how many times the bear has told their neighbors not to try anything funny when you two had domestic troubles? It is quite ironic how you now turn on him :D

Last edited:
I'm reasonably confident that the Bear was not acting from any misplaced sense of charity of compassion, but simply minimising the size of his neighbours. Nobody in Muscovy can enjoy the thought of a Caliphate that reaches the Black Sea or the Caspian, any more than I do. Is the Caliphate intervening to protect Russia? Not a bit; it is intervening to protect itself, by weakening Persia and Byzantium. Thus is the game of nations played.

Thus is the game of nations played.

So the relationship was of mutual benefit? Thus is the basis of all relations and actions! Yet you will find most men are disinclined to assault those who have protected them. And you argue that his friendship is not valuable since both he and you benefited from it? What treachery!

What offence has he caused you? Being powerful? What nefarious deeds has this power been used for? Protecting the weak from agression? Well surely this is cause enought! We can't have men without hearts black as coal ruling nations can we?

Have the Komnenids so hardened their hearts that they see friendship and peace as nefarious plots? Are the concepts of loyalty and good favours returned in kind so foreign to you that you cannot recognize them? Verily! How far from God's grace have not the Komnenids fallen?

Should've left it alone! >: (

After the Bear has saved your life and fed your Children!

This is merely the old bearfather spanking his overgrown cub.

Ok, point of order. The family name Komnenos is properly pluralised Komnenoi; a Komnenid is a half-breed, a Komnenos-ish person, just as a hominid is a manlike being. And its plural is not Komnenids but Komnenidae.

My point about the friendship of the Bear is not that it was a bad thing because it benefited both parties. It is that, being based only on mutual gain and not on any real commonality of outlook or community, it naturally lasted exactly so long as the mutual benefit did. Had Russia seen benefit in dividing Rome with the Caliphate and thus getting a border with that powerful nation, that is what would have happened. Now reasonable men might differ on what was in Russia's interest at the time, but the point is that at no time did any Czar think "Rome is a friend, I won't take advantage of their troubles." Rather the Czars thought "I'd rather have a weak-ish Rome than a strong Caliphate for my neighbour." This was to Rome's benefit, well enough; but it was not friendship.

Ok, point of order. The family name Komnenos is properly pluralised Komnenoi; a Komnenid is a half-breed, a Komnenos-ish person, just as a hominid is a manlike being. And its plural is not Komnenids but Komnenidae.

I was starting to fear I would have to explain my insult, good to know my research of that horrid language has not gone unapreciated. :D

I was starting to fear I would have to explain my insult, good to know my research of that horrid language has not gone unapreciated. :D

What a strange and confusing insult. "You, sir, are not of your family, only like one of your family!".

What a strange and confusing insult. "You, sir, are not of your family, only like one of your family!".

I have made many times the assertion that the greeks of this timeline are degenerate, ie less than their forebearers, who were great minds and warriors. Arkaidos was far more a man than these wretches can ever wish. At least he understood loyalty, duty, and the proper conduct of those who wish to be called Men. What slithers out from Constantinople these days is not fit to pretend they are of the same stock as the men who fought Calipha Ala'i himself to a draw!

(so my insults are complex, what of it? :p )

I quote from your AAR on the 10th session, post number 360 in this thread:

The main adversary to my peaceful expansions the Komnenids

at which time Arkadios was still alive.

at which time Arkadios was still alive.

Surely, you don't suggest that Frosty was in fact making a mistake and then tried to cover it up by acting clever?

I'm shocked and appalled!