• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess noone noticed that I was elective for half a dozen sessions to get my bastard son on the throne? D:

Elective is difficult for outsiders who aren't Dukes to manipulate, however. Although we did ecnourage Golle to try to take advantage. :D

Elective is difficult for outsiders who aren't Dukes to manipulate, however. Although we did ecnourage Golle to try to take advantage.

lets just said that if it would have been Blayne playing the russia:p
But on serious note (so that the peanuts will know as well) I have given my honor bound word to Von Runsted of NOT scheming myself into the throne of Russia and replace him...;)

So it was all just for fun then?
Of course it was. After all it´s still a video game, at least that´s the way I look at it. ;)
I hope Fivoin isn´t too pissed, but given that the peace was either zero-sum (5 basetax to me, 5 basetax to him) or very mild (5 basetax to me) depending on whether you count the return of the two bohemian counties that pledged to me earlier, it should be pretty clear that my intention was not to start a 800-year long blood feud.
Also the King of Denmark needs to have full control over Denmark. :D

4426081751_bb6ebe09c5_b.jpg

Last edited:
As last session's more report on the players was well received, I shall endeavour to keep you, gentle readers, updated on how events have proceeded this last session.

According to the historiographers of Al-Andalus, that is...

There wasn't very much rehosting going on, though I did crash rather too often and had the feeling of participating in a football match as a replacement, spending most of my time on the bench. Fortunately my nation didn't altogether wreck itself in my absence; that much at least is a blessing.

So, how did things go with...
All the Russias, played by Von Rundstedt.
As far as I know his God-King kicked the bucket last session. That's the problem with God-Kings: they never die when it suits you - always too early, and when they live on, they usually manage to make a nuisance of themselves by living too long and cramping their successors' styles. Not that Runny has anything to worry about, though - his realm is unassailably vast and will remain so for the forseeable future.

The Fatimid Caliphate / Egypt, played by FrozenWall.
Last session ended with me lodged in a ruinous war with my Northern neighbour, Jakalo, who plays Germany. Frosty (FrozenWall) kindly decided to help out his Islamic pal and ally, so he, too, was at war with Germany at the beginning of this session. There were peace treaty negotiations, but there were no clear promises made by Jakalo in return for peace. More on this later. Frosty ended up with Corsica as consolation prize.
Also, between this session and the last, a transfer of lands took place: any Iberian lands in Frosty's possession were rendered unto me, while any non-Iberian lands were fobbed off onto him. Another such transfer will take place before next session.

Denmark, played by Michael.
"I declare war on Bavaria," in a German accent, that was the first the world heard about the Bavarian-Danish War of Boredom and Hamburg. It turns out the poor Vikings were bored and in dire need of rapine and plunder and the at least equally poor Bavarians had to bear their onslaught. One wonders why the Danes should choose to take it out on the Bavarians and not the Russians... oh wait, no, one does not wonder that at all.
Anyway, commisserations all around - the Bavarians fought well, but ultimately had to give up the concession of Hamburg.

Germany / Gothia / Rome2.0, played by Jakalo, formerly by Fasquardon.
As stated before, last session ended in a war with AI Germany. As the realm of Germany was busy disintegrating, Jakalo was rather keen on peacing out. Thinking that this would be a good opportunity to agree on our permanent border, I offered (supported by Frosty) to peace out and forever be a cooperative neighbour in exchange for acknowledgment as ruler of all of Iberia (up to the Pyrenees instead of up to Aragon). Jakalo, unfortunately, did not sign anything and kept to vague promises and 'I did agree' whilst not actually signing anything. Frosty impressed upon me the possibility of negotiating some more post-session, and peacing out. Which duly took place.
During the session, Jakalo has de-disintegrated his realm, now once again being massively more powerful than me, and taken, post-session, to threatening instead. Good fun. I will refrain from quoting said out-of-context threats as I still hope there is a peaceful resolution to this matter, as I remain confident that a Pyrenees border is, eventually, in both our best interests.
Some haggling about the vassal of Alberracin shows there is hope for us yet. Time will tell how this pans out.

Bavaria / Lotharingia, played by Fivoin.
On the receiving end of screaming Danish berserks, Bavaria has remained calm and did not ask for help from anyone, dealing with the raging hordes single-handedly. I don't think an excessive amount of damage was done, and I wonder as to the long-term relationship between Bavaria and Denmark.

Persia, played by Foels.
The border rectification seems to have had a beneficial effect on Egypto-Persian relations, and this is good for all parties involved - Runny and KoM explicitly not being involved.

Bulgaria / Rome1.0, played by King of Men.
Another God-King dead, this time in the court of Byzantium. As a result, the six-year-old monarch is toppling the Eastern Roman Empire into a civil war. Hyaenas gather on the border.

Loire / Neustria / Normandy, played by Carillon.
Alas, I did not pay much attention to the goings-on in Loire. It is a mark in his favour that he did not join in with Denmark when his neighbour was assaulted.
I did, however, notice goings-on caused by Loire - more on that at the entry for Poland.

Croatia, played by OrangeYoshi.
Croatia was once again played by AI for most of the session, and started the obligatory Crusade to liberate Sicily and Alexandria from the heathen clutches of Frosty. I'm sure Frosty, who can muster at least 5 times Croatia's manpower, was quaking in his boots.

Poland, played by Ike.
Poland met with a little accident this session. There was some unpleasantness between him and Loire involving assassins, the exact nature of which remains unknown to me. The end of the affair, however, involved the titles of Poland being inherited by some Norwegians not in Ike's dynasty due to excessive France-induced death in the upper echelon of Polish royalty - and then there was no human-played Poland any more. Oops.
Fortunately, with Runny's help, Ike managed to claw himself back onto the Polish throne and to oust the usurpers. The realm, however, is looking a bit worse for wear: not all the previously Polish vassals have pledged to their rightful king. With a benevolent Russia, however (how many Poles can believe in a benevolent Russia? I thought so), there is little ultimate danger to our intrepid Polish friends.
Let this be a lesson: be careful with assassins, lest ye get burned.

Finland, played by Golle.
I can't recall whether Golle was even here this session - pretty sure he wasn't. Anyway, none of the assassinatory antics were due to Golle, this session.

real men are princes not kings.
and marry girls with affairs with their own brothers...
(and yeas those are my excuses if someone askes for my succsession laws :D)

Mental note: do not offer vassalisation to Golle. Ever.

What will the next session bring us? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of Children of the Fatherland!

[AAR reward: remove Pneumonia from Tayyib Dhu'l Nun]

Last edited:
The assassinations in Cyprus have now become such a par for the course the Andalusis don't even bother to comment on them? :D

I was not in the last session, I was enjoying culture...

Whew that's good. Would I be under L for Loire, N for Neustria or F for Frog?

If I remember correctly we have you categorized under (C)hildslayer :)

On that note; Bavaria does not consent to having children taken as wards in München murdered by Polarian assassins. I will have no more of that in my court.

Maybe there should be a Europe-wide treaty against assassinating characters under the age of 16?

Maybe there should be a Europe-wide treaty against assassinating characters under the age of 16?

The master of dynastic inheritance finds himself outwited by the assassins, and this is his answer? Quite remenicent of OTL Pope trying to ban crossbows :p