• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Once we destroy that one ring your power will dwindle, Mordor.
It is already sent to Sicily to be burnt in the Mount Etna.
The sole reason why it still exists is that we decided the best means for transportation is a midget walking. But he will arrive eventually.

Etna wont work, sorry. Also, by midget you mean Greek, right?

Anyways, what's the current situation in Cyprus then, Poland is set to inherit?

It is. I'm waiting for Ike to sign the treaty of Krakow, promising to return any islands inherited. Thus hopefully ending all this trouble in the isles.

If he doesn't there are shady men waiting to do dirty deeds.

Are you cheating on me?

Its your own fault for not being there for me.

Specifically not being there when AI Croatia launched not one but two consecutive Sicilian Crusades. :mad:

This is the dynasty which took to impaling the heads of every bishop they could get their hands on outside the gates of Alexandria when times were last tough. What did you expect? :p

This is the dynasty which took to impaling the heads of every bishop they could get their hands on outside the gates of Alexandria when times were last tough.

Lies! Only the Greek orthodox ones, the Coptish patriarch & co are well and fine. :D

Hnah. The Nubians should not have been Greek Orthodox (Oriental, rather) unless something bizarre happened with religion. I recall a really rather large amount of their heads decorating things. :D

Hnah. The Nubians should not have been Greek Orthodox (Oriental, rather) unless something bizarre happened with religion. I recall a really rather large amount of their heads decorating things. :D

The Patriarchs of Alexandria and the Nubians are different people.

The Greek patriarch had to go for
1) Formenting rebellion amongst the Caliphates christian population (copts, syrians, greeks, etc)
2) Agitating for Nubian intervention
3) Being a stooge of hostile foreign powers
4) Being Greek

The Nubians had to go because of their ambition to surplant the Caliphate with a Nubian realm spanning the Med.

You will notice than (in a in no way Hassassin related manner) the House of Dongola has been reduced from a realm easily in the top 3 to a single live male in the court of Figuig. One last head for the pikes and the blood oath of the first Calipha of our little game will be fullfilled. :D

I hire myself when Im back at the playing table (gone this weekend) AI kills people rather infreaquently...

CROSSINGS

It didn’t always work so well.
Dôn tried to cross the border but instead of feeling the familiar sense of synchronization with the middle earth, there was only emptiness. A split second there was the horror of the nothingness that surrounded her… and then she was back at the meadow that she used for these purposes.
…Crossing from the fairside to the mortal lands.

There were ferns on the hillside. The grass swung on calming motion. Everything was as it was supposed. Nothing seemed to be wrong. Dôn could see the bonny path that she used in these crossings. It led where it was supposed.

Still. She couldn’t cross the border. It made her worry. There were motions around her, swift movement of soul that told Dôn of the others who were enquiring the same path. She didn’t start looking around to found out other disappointed faces. She didn’t remain there waiting.

There were other paths, paths that lead to the mortal side, but Dôn had little will to use them. Some of them were dangerous… some didn’t fit for the Queen of the fairies to use… some didn’t lead into the places she wanted to go.

The small pasture, Border Meadows as it was called, was the best of the all trails. It was not some straight path that always led to same place and same time in the mortal lands, but more like an intersection, place where one could choose various places, different paths and synchronize oneself into a every time one wanted. Dôn wasn’t sure, but sometimes it felt that the difference between this and there was more bound to the time, than to a place. Time was peculiar power that twisted itself in strange and unknown ways. It seldom led people to a straight passage…

Dôn walked there again. This time it took its time, but eventually she felt the familiar, if depressingly heavy toll of the mortal time when she was taken to the human’s side. It made her weary, it made her feel tired, but all together this was where she wanted to go. She had errants to deal, princes to tend. Thoughts of the young lad filled her mind as she passed through the velvet woodlands towards the castle in Porvoo.

"…Don't you see yon bonnie, bonnie road,
Lying across the ferny brae?
That is the road to fair Elfland,
Where you and I this night must go..."

But before she could finish the tune, the nothingness surrounded her. Everything froze. Not a leave in a tree would rustle. The singing of the birds ceased. Then the nothingness overtook her and split second the horror of vanishing herself into the raging realm of oblivion and perdition returned.

…and she saw the ferns and grass begun to rock gently around her.

Dôn begun to feel frustration. Her thoughts and ambitions urged her to visit the mortal lands but she wanted to be present there. Not just a tepid witness for past deeds or shaky experiences of the visions of the future. It was true that bonny trail in the border meadow allowed a skillful soul to travel into different times in the mortal lands…but to be present there…it only worked on one time.

Dôn didn’t quite know why it was so. Sometimes she felt that there were only differences between the times. There was the fairy time and then there was the human’s time…the mortal time. And those both rolled steadily onwards in their own beat.

Why it sometimes didn’t work, Dôn didn’t know. Actually she had little understanding over the overall concept of these travels. She just did them. She was the Queen of Fairies. She came and went. Seldom she even asked the question from herself: why? How? The space or time, whatever it was, the being between the two sides… it was concept beyond the words. Some called it the border…some called it the passing. To those who had the courage to explore it deeper, into other directions than into the fair side or mortal side it was a side of its very own…the wild side. And very few of those had came back to tell about it. But Dôn liked that name. She had no explanation for it, nor had she ever stayed there more than the necessary blink of an eye, but she still felt it worth of the glory for being called after something that offered at least change of future experiences. Another side… But how it still worked and how it fit for Dôn’s thoughts about the differences of the time, she still didn’t know.

It was just a custom for the fairy Queens to walk on that wild side.

Polarians go Mediterranean

Manfred Tilius eager to spread his family all over the world saw married both of his daughters, now turned in to heretics by the time they spent in the Finnish courts, to Prussia. Not to some princes but marshals loyal men who would treat their wifes with respect. Hopefully that would bring claims to Manfred, claims that he could use to gain more land for the Polarians to live in. But Manfred got bold, too bold some would say. Because when he heard that in the island of Cyprus an political war had been raged for who would control the island he wanted to get in.

The political war for a legal heir had been going on for years between the Roman Empire and Egypt who controlled the island currently but the sheik of Cyprus had failed to produce an heir and only children he had were girls. The Romans had tried to marry their sons to the sheiks daughters in order to get an heir that would have a legal claim for the island but all of their heirs had been mysteriously killed. Before the Romans had run out of sons they had decided to lay low and back off from the race for the dominance of Cyprus. Manfred Tilius saw an opportunity to benefit from the situation and married his son Lyczek to the youngest daughter of the sheik. His hope was to get the girl to produce an heir to his son that would have a claim to the island and inherit it when the father of his mother would pass away.

The muslim girl soon got pregnant and Manfred prayed for a son. But soon terrible news became to arrive in the court. Letters about assassinations, concerning his son and his possible heirs. Some letters came from Egypt others from unknown sources. Manfred suspected that the Romans were not too happy about his plans and had started to threaten him. Afraid for his family's future he decided to bargain a deal with Egypt to ensure that his line would remain alive and that the Egyptians would get their island.

With the following words was the treaty of Krakow made.

Frosty said:
The treaty of Krakow

The Polarian Lords swear by their faith and mothers to as soon as possible return any Mediterranean isles they, or their relatives, come into possession of.

The Calipha swears to not order, encourage, facilitate or allow any assassination attempts within Poland.

This treaty is valid for all future so long as there is peace and harmony between the realms.

If any and i mean any members of Tilius dynasty is assassinated or targeted in near future it is considered as violation of this treaty by both sides and the treaty thus becomes null and void. There has been rumors about assassination plots against the Tilius nobility and rumors about killing the son of Manfred and any grandson he might have to prevent any negotiations with the Calipha over the cooperation in Mediterranean. That is why the people of Polaria fear that signing this treaty with such a weak conditions would be pointless. There is no guarantee that there wouldn't be an assassinations ordered by the Calipha by a third party or maybe there is to be an assassination ordered by the Tilius to prevent the treaty from happening. But we don't place distrust in the Calipha, we trust them to hold their end of the deal but we fear that their friends won't and that is why we need guarantees that no one is to be killed or harmed in anyway. We shall confirm this treaty but we will keep our right to to declared it invalid if assassinations are launched against Tilius.

This treaty is hereby confirmed by the Dominar Manfred I Tilius of Polaria.

Dominar, we all know that your treaty is just a nice way for you to say "Oh, please Mr. Caliph, don't assassinate all my kids." How can you just back down like that? The Ambitious Arab wins once again!

How can you just back down like that?

In my defense those are my islands. Also the (in no way Calipha-related) hassassins guild has a quite decent track record for removing trouble makers. No need for me and the Polarians to fight. :D