+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 176 FirstFirst ... 15 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 65 90 115 140 ... LastLast

Thread: Children of the Fatherland: MP conversion game

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenWall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Foelsgaard
    Reactionary. Pah! You have continually and dishonorably stolen land from me without provocation while i am wrecked by AI-induced instability. The so called offer of "free return", involved me giving up ancestral Abbasid claims to the Duchy of Jerusalem, something that was not tolerable considering that manner in which it was stolen. That place saw Persian rule long before the any Fatimid ever set foot there.
    Pshaw, it was part of the Fatimid realm at game start and my ally when you attacked it.
    I thought you are a different dynasty than the AI Fatimids?
    Emperor of Ethiopia, High King of Ceylon, Sultan of Arabia, Prince of Antioch and Damascus, Lord Protector of the Tamil Coast, Maharaja of Gujarat, Lord Protector of Java and Sumatra, Archduke of Australia, Autocrat from Carthage to the Cape, Sea Lord of the East Pacific, Caliph of Baghdad, and Defender of the Ark of the Covenant in Tyranny's Bloody Banner.

Comrade Uzkiye Bryuki Emperor Ike's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    History of Polarian Empire and it's magnificent cavalry

Ah my little but mighty cavalry that is the second most experienced and highly trained in the whole world only beaten by the Roman horses. I, Manfred Tilius have breed to most valuable horses in the Poland and the best hardy horsemen to ride those horses. Due to our extensive research on cavalry warfare and the importance of cavalry tactics in a battle we have managed to rise trough the ranks. The Polarians are not just some minor people living between two big kingdoms without any idea of what is going on but indeed Polarians are better than that because there are so many behind our cavalry that we are just better than those others.

All our horses are steeds and even though some say that steeds are unpredictable, i myself prefer steeds as they are glorious and magnificent just like me, Manfred Tilius, Dominar of Polarian Empire. Not only do our horses look good but so does our riders. They are wearing the the finest clothes there and their cloaks are made out of leopard hide brought from Egypt. Of course much money is poured in to them and to raise the quantity of the horsemen but still the same amount of gold is spend to make sure that their quality matches the numbers.

Our horsemen have even gained experience while they killed off rebels in Danzig after some pagan army wandered inside our borders. No Polarian men or women were killed but all of the pagans were annihilated. Once again the Polarians have proved to be superior to those of lesser race. We Polarians have existed for thousands of years on this planet and we shall exists for millions more. Our race and people are destined for greatness but there are so many things to consider that perhaps our time to rise has not come yet but perhaps soon we shall rise from our homelands to greatness. Like our ancestors before us came from the stars we shall reach out to them to fulfill their wish and the destiny that they have given to us. Polaria shall be the center of the world where cultures meet to trade, socialize and to breed. All people of the world will become known as Polarians but still there are many cultures that must be cherished, just like the Gods have wished it.

[URL="http://www.designyourway.net/artists/robot.jpg"]Yes we can!/URL]

Manfred walked trough the corridors of his castle to meet with his advisors and court members. He wanted to disscuss about the future of the Polarian Empire with them to see if they saw things as he did. He wanted to know what they thought about Danes, Bavarians and Mordor. As well as the Croats that were their southern border friends.

When he arrived at his throne room he was greeted with a thunderous applauses due to his great success in defeating the pagans in Danzig. It was only been a minor conflict but there had been none since the days that the old kings gave up Polaria to the Danes. He bowed and walked to his chair and before sitting down he said. "Welcome to this meeting. I shall be brief and bold in my words so we can all go back to our little hobbies and doings." He sat down and so did the others. "So what do you think about our current situation?" he asked. Before any one could answer a messanger rushed in to the room yelling. "They have come, they have come my lord" Manfred stood up and ran to the boy. "Where are they?" he asked. "Just behind the apple tree on the north east courtyard" the boy said. "Take care of his boy and no one shall interrupt me in atleast two hours." Manfred said and walked out of the room.
    Fan of the Week 16-03-2007
    WritAAR of the Week 26-12-2012

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Irsh Faq View Post
    I thought you are a different dynasty than the AI Fatimids?
    Game wise our dynasties are custom creations, the Komnenids for ex exist in both custom Komnenid* and vanilla Komnenid form. Aar wise the vanilla Fatimids are simply a rival branch of the family who have been politically outmaneuvered, not a different dynasty.

They are wearing the the finest clothes there and their cloaks are made out of leopard hide brought from Egypt.
    All part of the Caliphates sly plan to build up R'lyeh's rivals for The Great Russian Landgrab...

Speaking of which, what evil pop culture reference would the peanuts wish I use for Russia next mupdate?
    GM and Last of the Carolingians in:
    Sunday night MP Megacampaign: God Will Know His Own
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)
    Proprietor of one Lord Strange Cookie. , WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 6, 2011

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    Vodka-Rus is Best Rus! <-- Funny if you speak a Scandinavian language.
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesPride of Nations

Blog Entries
    Game wise our dynasties are custom creations, the Komnenids for ex exist in both custom Komnenid* and vanilla Komnenid form. Aar wise the vanilla Fatimids are simply a rival branch of the family who have been politically outmaneuvered, not a different dynasty.

All part of the Caliphates sly plan to build up R'lyeh's rivals for The Great Russian Landgrab...

Speaking of which, what evil pop culture reference would the peanuts wish I use for Russia next mupdate?

Klingons? Romulans? Geths? Russians? Ryssät? Goaulds ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Men View Post
    Vodka-Rus is Best Rus! <-- Funny if you speak a Scandinavian language.
    I fail to see the funny.

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by king of men View Post
    vodka-rus is best rus! <-- funny if you speak a scandinavian language.
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)

Quote Originally Posted by King of Men
    Sublime Porte
    And here I thought you were Orthodox Greeks and not Islamic Turks.

Quote Originally Posted by carillon View Post
    And here I thought you were Orthodox Greeks and not Islamic Turks.
    Ssssh, you're giving my Turkmen infiltrators away!

can't really claim the title "Rome." Perhaps a better moniker would be "Half France?"
    When confused about who are 'true Romans' betting your money on the ones who speak Latin is usually a good idea...
    Last edited by FrozenWall; 28-10-2010 at 21:05.

Ssssh, you're giving my Turkmen infiltrators away!

When confused about who are 'true Romans' betting your money on the ones who speak Latin is usually a good idea...
    I'm just saying, if you have a Sublime Porte, you may as well have a Divan, Vizirs, Janissaries, etc. Hardly very Greek OR Roman.

Quote Originally Posted by carillon View Post
    I'm just saying, if you have a Sublime Porte, you may as well have a Divan, Vizirs, Janissaries, etc. Hardly very Greek OR Roman.
    Yes, that is kinda the point of my devious greek culture removal campaign, now shhhh!

Yes, that is kinda the point of my devious greek culture removal campaign, now shhhh!
    But you aren't Turkik either!

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

I think you are a little confused by the geography of Western Europe. It's an easy mistake to make; Rome is the eternal capital of the Roman Empire; which stretches from Italy to Anatolia. Rhone is a river in the South of France whose valley is inhabited by a small cartel of German sausage magnates. The Roman Empire occupies the first; Demi-France occupies the second.
    "Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite."

-John Kenneth Galbraith

But you aren't Turkik either!
    Many Turkmen have been loyal subjects of the Caliphate for quite some time, serving as spies or soldiers in the mamluk corps and holding Bukara in the Caliphas name. After the inevitable end of the Greeks the Calipha has entertained the idea of granting them Anatolia to lord over as reward...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirdfain View Post
    Rome is the eternal capital of the Roman Empire
    And its latin population unfortunately occupied by effeminate barbarians with delusions of ethnicity. The Romans have never been greek, no matter what propaganda Byzantion splutters. The Romans were a different people who invaded and occupied greece, making its people servants and slaves. The only position where a greek can do even a sliver of good.

Some men hold dogs as pets. A dog taken into a family sometimes believes it is in fact a man, that does not make it so. When the master is gone his dog may consider himself the true ruler of the house, it does not make it so. And when a dog bites his master there is only one recourse for him...
    Last edited by FrozenWall; 28-10-2010 at 21:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirdfain View Post
    I think you are a little confused by the geography of Western Europe. It's an easy mistake to make; Rome is the eternal capital of the Roman Empire; which stretches from Italy to Anatolia. Rhone is a river in the South of France whose valley is inhabited by a small cartel of German sausage magnates. The Roman Empire occupies the first; Demi-France occupies the second.
    To wit, you are correct that the Rhone is a river is the South of France. But Rome is the first city in Christendom, and spiritually it holds authority over all Christians. Though its secular nature is up for debate perhaps, certainly as to its Ruler, as the premier seat of power for the church, there can be no debate. Additionally, you can see that the Byzantines have no true claim to the title of Roman Emperor as that is a title which requires the Supreme Pontiff's approval. Thus by rejecting the Papal See, the greeks are rejecting their claims of Romaness and their pretentisions to any sort of history or world empire. If they were to return to orthodoxy and orthopraxy, then they can claim to truly be inheiritors of the Roman tradition. As it stands, we are concerned about the Greco-Turkik barbarians who refuse to do justice to the right order of the world.

The main point is, Rome is eternal and not subject to the whim and fashion of overdressed Greeks. Only once they acknowledge their own place in history can they truly be said to understand the lesson that was the Empire.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Let us be clear: There is an ethnicity, 'Hellene', living in geographical Greece, and an ethnicity (which is also a language), 'Latin', living in geographical Italy. Nobody claims that Hellenes are Latins; that would be absurd. However, there is additionally a citizenship, a set of rights and duties, which in the Greek is referred to as 'Romaioi'. To be a Roman citizen requires no claim of blood, although descent is the most common way to acquire it. Citizenship may be extended to anyone found worthy of the honour, whatever his ethnicity, religion, or station. So: Neither Hellenes nor Lombards are Latins; however, most Hellenes (not all, in that a few are unfortunately under infidel rule) are Romaioi, while very few Lombards are Romaioi. Further, the legitimate Senate of Rome currently has its seat in Constantinople. The existence of Roman citizenship cannot be expunged while the state survives in any form; accidents of geography are quite irrelevant. If the infidel were tomorrow to lay siege to Constantinople, and God were to see fit to punish the Roman people for its sins and cause them to be driven forth, and they sailed south to the very tip of Africa and there established a city, then they would still be the true Rome, and they would still be citizens, provided that their God-given rights and duties were not changed. Rome is not a place; it is an idea and an ideal. The saying, "An Emperor who does not hold Rome is only another rebel," does not refute this; it describes the realities of secular power within the Roman state, which has nothing to do with who is a Roman citizen.

As for 'Sublime Porte', you'll observe that the term is French and not Turkic. It refers, in my usage and not the hypothetical-anachronistic usage of some future that might have been possible in 1066 but has now been definitely averted, to Constantinople's position as the gate between Europe and Asia, and also the gate between the Mediterranean and Black Seas.
    MP Megacampaigns :

Vogonian poet
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

Well, I am not a peanut but Russia should obviously be called North East Rome. The true North Rome is of course Denmark while Loire can be North West Rome. Bavaria is Semi-North Semi-West Rome and I do not know whether Egypt claims to be South Rome.

500k club

What's Cordoba, then? "Even Wester Rome"? "Westest Rome is Bestest Rome?"
    MP Megacampaigns :

Man Of Many Wiles Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

The most dangerous place to which a young man can be sent
    Rome is the new black?

All the cool kids want to be known as Rome?
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 176 FirstFirst ... 15 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 65 90 115 140 ... LastLast