• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So nice to see the letter of treaties being obeyed. :D

I'm sure the Duke of Cyprus feel the same way :D

I should write an aar about all the assassination attempts and fertility drugs the poor bastard has survived.

On a more conspiratorial note; how do you know that assassin was not sent by your friends? Had those islands been inherited by you Jakalo and Yoshi would not have had to search long for support in reclaiming lost lands, now there is a chance for peace after our NAP expires...

Last edited:
It was the dawn of the third age of Rome - ten years after the Italian War.

The Assassin Academy was a dream given form. Its goal: To prevent another war by creating a place where Christians and infidels can place bids for the right to create a Moslem succession in Cyprus. It's a port of call, a home away from home, for Vikings, Finns, exiles... and killers.

Christians and infidels, wrapped in the shadows of intrigue... all alone in the night.

It is a dangerous place. But the death it seeks to create, is our last, best hope for peace.

This is the story of the last Assassin Academy. The year is 1188. The name of the place... is Antioch 5.

Whoa, whoa- you retreated from the Po? But I already bought shares in the Danube sausage-trade!

This injustice must be corrected, and soon.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of cunning, it was the age of raging lunacy, it was the epoch of trust in treaties, it was the epoch of the incredulity of treaties broken, it was the season of Gollevainen, it was the season of von Rundstedt, it was the spring of Flanders, it was the winter of Pereyaslavl, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Europa Universalis III, we were all going to suffer through Crusader Kings - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that Blayne and others insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Karolus Dickenszoon, A Story of Two Burghs
Flemmish novelist (1812 - 1870)

It was the dawn of the third age of Rome - ten years after the Italian War.

The Assassin Academy was a dream given form. Its goal: To prevent another war by creating a place where Christians and infidels can place bids for the right to create a Moslem succession in Cyprus. It's a port of call, a home away from home, for Vikings, Finns, exiles... and killers.

Christians and infidels, wrapped in the shadows of intrigue... all alone in the night.

It is a dangerous place. But the death it seeks to create, is our last, best hope for peace.

This is the story of the last Assassin Academy. The year is 1188. The name of the place... is Antioch 5.

You totally ripped that from Babylon 5.

I agree it was good rip off... ;)

Except for the whole meeting of cultures thing, I have one Greek province in Crete left before all the Med isles are purged from the tzatziki-munching insurgents. :D

But I already bought shares in the Danube sausage-trade!

Clearly you bet on the wrong horse! Enlist in one of the Fatimid trade guilds instead! Travel from Jakarta to Timbuktu! Trade fur in Finland for ivory in Zanzibar! The Caliphate is where the gold and girls are at!

Last edited:
Never!
Rome is eternal and glorious. One day Alexandria will be Roman again infidel. One day there will be a new Imperium of Ma..... of Rome.
All hail the (God) Emperor!

KoM's propaganda is just too effective. Well, and I do Classics as well....

Clearly you bet on the wrong horse! Enlist in one of the Fatimid trade guilds instead! Travel from Jakarta to Timbuktu! Trade fur in Finland for ivory in Zanzibar! The Caliphate is where the gold and girls are at!

I'm sorry, I just can't trust anyone who won't eat bacon and dresses their women in tents. Folks like that just ain't natural.

won't eat bacon

With the historically quite substantial population of Copts, Armenians, Greeks and Syriak christians I'm quite sure you can eat as much pig as you wish :D

and dresses their women in tents.

To be fair the arab garb varies little between arab men and women of this age. It is a practical thing, you have fun walking into a sandstorm wearing any european outfit. :p
Also, harems and booze! (alkohol was historicaly not legaly banned untill the Ayyubid Caliphate!)

All hail the (God) Emperor!
I believe I have already claimed the title God-Calipha during the session where we concluded Novgorod was Barad-dûr :D

KoM's propaganda is just too effective.

What? Everybody knows KoM is the evil bad guy! :eek:

Could be, but you know, any Dark Lord with any sort of respect for himself acquires a fairly large number of mooks. He can't just hold a gun to all their heads simultaneously. They have got to be getting some sort of benefits package other than "you can rape any princesses you come across". Princesses are not that common.

The Knautschlings - part 14
Hassassawhat ?

Welcome to the newest chapter of the Knautschling tale which introduces a brand-new colored dialogue system.
The people with talking roles in this chapter:
We have Waldemar Knautschling, King of Denmark in red and his spymistress Klara Poth in orange.
Furthermore there is female shady figure wearing silk gowns in purple and a male shady figure wearing linen in green.
In late autumn 1179 the shady figure wearing silk gowns arrives at the danish royal palace. She is obviously freezing
as you can see her whole body shiver. But she is also envied by a lot of women for her outfit.
Because she has some papers with a royal seal she is led in front of Waldemar.
Dear King Waldemar, I travelled a long way to request your aid in the name of my liege, please hear me out.
What kind of aid do you request from Denmark ?
This shames me, but we need the help of someone else´s hassassin´s guild.
Hassassawhat ?
I think I may have heard that word before somewhere.
Your hassassin´s guild, you do have one, do you ?
At this point Waldemar leans over to Klara and whispers to her:
I think she is high on mushrooms.
Ouch, an anachronistic LSD reference just for a cheap joke, the quality of this tale´s
storytelling is not getting better nowadays, I can tell you that much my dear readers.
Speak then lady, what is the request for our hassassin´s guild ? We might have something similar.
My liege requests help in the elimination of the Duke of Cyprus.
Yeah we have your hassassassathing, it is called the danish army
And so the dialogue continues for a bit until Waldemar grasps the nature of her request.
Finally he agrees to send two warriors for a sum of one thousand ducats.

k1301.jpg

Afterwards Waldemar is told off by his wife for not trading for her silken outfits instead.
Oh and also the two warriors do never return, only god knows how horribly they failed with their pathetic attempt of an assassination.
While some months later Waldemar increases his efforts to get a fellow Knautschling on the papal throne

k1302.jpg

his wife is still pissed about the silken outfit she is not having.

k1303.jpg

Also Waldemar is asked to help in a war

k1304.jpg

but refuses for some strange reason.
The reason being strange because it is not one of Waldemar´s world.
It is that the player controlling Bavaria in the videogame that Waldemar is a part in is actually absent.
For the same reason he refuses to participate in that same war when he is asked to join it some more times.

k1305.jpg

Instead he watches his plan to get a fellow Knautschling on the papal throne unfold perfectly
and immediately asks him to declare his father Faste a saint.

k1306.jpg

The pope naturally welcomes the idea, being a Knautschling himself.

k1307.jpg

In return the pope urges Waldemar to strengthen his crusading efforts

k1308.jpg

and while strengthening non-existent efforts would not have been particularly difficult Waldemar still does not do it.
He signs some fancy papers and then is done with it.
We are now at the point where the shady figure wearing linen arrives at the palace.
He does not catch everyone´s attention like the lady in silk earlier, but he is surely noticed.
As he is finally granted an audience with Waldemar the conversation unfolds.
King Waldemar, my liege offers these coins for a favor.
And he ties open a brown bag to flash it´s shiny golden content.
Very well then, stranger, what is this favor you are asking for ?
My liege seeks assistance from your hassassin´s guild.
I know exactly what you are talking about.
We need to dispose of a child that would inherit the throne of Cyprus.
Cyprus again huh ?
Why are you saying again ? My liege did not tell me he approached you before.
The king has a weird sense of humour sometimes.
I was not joking.
Yes you were.
The last line is pronounced sharply by Klara. Waldemar does not understand what she is up to,
but he is quite focused on getting these shiny golden coins so he decides to drop the issue.
Good, Knud over there will assassinate your child.
But he is clearly not a member of your hassassin´s guild !
Yes he is.
He wears a huge two-handed axe on his back.
I know, last time I sent someone with a one-handed axe and it did not work out.
Quite reluctantly the shady figure agrees to purchase the services of Knud the bare-chested viking assassin.
And it turns out it was a good purchase. Intricate plots with poison and daggers are well known and
often prevented in the mediterranean area, but having a mad viking tear a little child´s
spine in two with a two-handed axe obviously took the southerners by surprise.

k1309.jpg

Changing the topic let us look at Denmark´s neighbor Bavaria.

k1310.jpg

The war is raging over their lands and in generally over western europe, leading to local Counts taking
desperate measures like pledging to faraway kings like Waldemar.

k1311.jpg

Waldemar does not even know where Bern is, but accepts this oath nonetheless.
The last thing of interest in this chapter of the Knautschling tale is how Waldemar´s son and heir grows into a sissy

k1312.jpg

and on top of that starts some incestual love-relationship with a Knautschling girl.

k1313.jpg

But to be fair she is not that closely related to him.
Still Waldemar disapproves and marries Hermann to some other girl in an attempt to solve the issue.​

you mean Polland, the internationally acclaimed school girl nation of our game?

sorry, Polaria, the school-girl empire of our game :D

Everybodys an emperor apparently, are there even any kings left in Europe these days? :p

Last edited:
..just give Golle some tiny kingdom next to Poland, and let them Duke it out between them! Like Lithaunia, as in EU III..:D

Already so! The duke of Finland already owns the baltic countries, theres just the minor problem of his liege. :D