• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Only proplem with that little-pyroman was that when he launched those nukes, there was nothing to stop him when he got to that mood...

but the prize...who would have guessed that the grand f*kcing TWBW will come to a premature end becouse some diletant manages to nuke three leading nations into a shape that the the grand confontration never came.

In this game we need to have some GM applied licence for everyone who attempts to use nukes!

Hear ye hear ye! Poland is alive and kicking starting the next session. I, Emperor Ike shall take over the Kingdom of Poland and bring it to the Polish people to their rightfull place in the world, i trust it so.

Well, I would earmark Warsaw for the first Roman nuke, the "Caesar Bomba", but in fact it's already been targeted for Novgorod, for obvious reasons. Brag about having a larger castle, would you? We'll see about that!

Mind you, the second Roman nuke is currently free.

Well, I would earmark Warsaw for the first Roman nuke, the "Caesar Bomba", but in fact it's already been targeted for Novgorod, for obvious reasons. Brag about having a larger castle, would you? We'll see about that!

Mind you, the second Roman nuke is currently free.

Is that a way to treat a quest?

Vær kunn lutter øre
Og kutt ut all stønning
Jeg lover belønning
Når det endelig har blitt min tur
Og all urett betalt med forsett
Vær berett

Who are the hyenas in this story?

Yet to be determined but i propably use KoM as we do have that kind of relationship that i will end up just like happened to the one that messed with the hyenes =D

If memory serves the last player who worked himself in the same position was disappointed when EU3 came... then when Victoria came... then when HOI came... Africa is worthless.

Ulmont made the transfer during EU3, had to spend years waiting upon cores, and then fruitless wars against Georgia.

The fact of the matter is that he left I'm pretty sure during Victoria leaving it to the devices of whomever else, and fact of the matter is in Hoi2 Africa did more then well enough for itself and had plenty of IC, though resources could be better distributed this time.

Frankly if it has a consistent player and strategy and this time we convert with more generosity with the resources Africa should be fine.

Why would we engineer resources out of thin air that aren't there in reality just for Africa?

Some of the absolutely most resource rich areas on the planet lie in Africa. The problem has been with their extraction. An alternate world Africa that isn't hopelessly stuck centuries behind europe in technological development or having its productive capabilities surpressed by colonial forces acting to prevent the locals gaining to much power would be manifold richer in industrial resource than historically. It's not exactly a dustbowl you know. ;)

I suggest that conversion discussions are better kept out of this thread, with or without China used as an example. Take it to Ederon, eh?

Some of the absolutely most resource rich areas on the planet lie in Africa. The problem has been with their extraction. An alternate world Africa that isn't hopelessly stuck centuries behind europe in technological development or having its productive capabilities surpressed by colonial forces acting to prevent the locals gaining to much power would be manifold richer in industrial resource than historically. It's not exactly a dustbowl you know. ;)
...or having millions of people stolen for slaves in the americas..That wasn't exactly good for prosperity either..On top of that, the locals who fetched the slaves were revarded with guns and booze..

Last edited:
we should not even think about "even" distribution of worlds resources, as all of them were dug to the ground well before 1066 and our Alternative history cannot do much about that.

Dustbowl isn't the exact term, but it is notoriously poor in navigable waterways such as the Rhine (or Thames, or Hudson) which served as the cradle and lifeblood of early industrialization. And the resource-richest areas are often by paradox the least water-accessible, while the most accessible (Nile river delta) are not exactly brimming with coal.

Of course I think it's already pretty generous on an alternate historical perspective that you have the option of colonizing Africa completely penalty free and forever cure the horrible African diseases in every citizen throughout your entire country by dint of moving your capital to Sus or some such.

Even if you're the one who ends up dominating Africa, which this early on is by no means assured, one might be tempted to say "that's your own problem." And it's quite possible that by the time Eu3 rolls around Egypt could be but a memory and Greece, Persia and France are the competitors for Africa. Or some such.