• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well I think the Immortal slots are allready filled, thougth Since you've been one of our loyal fan trough years, I wouldn't mind KoM making an exeption for getting you in...

Can I be an immortal? I would like to join the court of FrozenWall, the Fatimid player. :) I want the Muslims to stop the silly crusaders in this game :D

My other Immortal romanced my rulers wife, got exiled to the emir of Cairo, and now plot against me from Homs :wacko:

If KoM lets you in I suggest a martial education, you can train some levies far away from my harems :D

My other Immortal romanced my rulers wife, got exiled to the emir of Cairo, and now plot against me from Homs :wacko:

If KoM lets you in I suggest a martial education, you can train some levies far away from my harems :D

Oh yes, I would like a martial education :D Brilliant strategist, if possible!!

Where can I bribe KoM to let me in? Does anyone have his account number? ;)

Actually we've had a couple of people dropping from the Immortal lists, so there's room. Get thee to Ederon and post a name, dynasty, culture, and religion for your Immortal, and optionally DNA. Note that there's not much reason for choosing a different religion than that of the Fatimid court, since you'll convert very rapidly anyway.

However, I would prefer if discussion in this thread was at least marginally AAR-related, so for future reference, please make join requests and whatnot at Ederon. :)

In addition to full AAR posts like the above, I intend to do out-of-character summaries of session happenings and ruler lives. Here's the first one.

MikaelOfAntioch.jpg

Mikael of Antioch, 1050-1075. Conquered Aleppo. Gained Naples as a vassal. Although personally at odds with the Emperor Dukas, he nonetheless remained loyal, to the point of mustering his regiments and fighting to put down the rebellions in northern Anatolia. Died of wounds sustained in the campaign against Nikea. Upon his death his brother Iohannes ruled as regent for his son Arkadios. During this time there was great unrest in the theme of Antioch, ended only when Iohannes accepted the hereditary principle for his military vassals. In other words, the vassals were (every one of them) losing loyalty due to having a 0-dip child on the throne, and when one of them demanded I end Royal Supremacy in favour of Feudal Contract I accepted with alacrity - it was that or lose the duchy. My one and only regiment being still mobilised by the Emperor, there could be no question of fighting! This is the 'consent as well as counsel' that Philippos refers to in the play.

Byz1075.jpg

Byzantium in its usual state of quasi-meltdown.

IohannesKomnenus.jpg

Iohannes Komnenus, brother of Mikael.

PhilipposTzamplakon.jpg

Philippos Tzamplakon, count of Tortosa.

Aleppo1.jpg
Aleppo2.jpg

The Aleppo campaign.

It’s a Boy! / Fear of William

Outside the air looked falsely calm. The misty hills reigned in their gentleness and assured everyone that everything was going to be all right.
Just a perfect view for a father soon to be...
Gwydion still chewed the last bits of available nails from his fingertips.
Women were gathered in a chamber nearby, but the shouting that the heavy doors let pass kept him out there more firmly than any tradition would have ever had. He just kept clanging the mountains from the window.

Behind them laid more than enough harm for his young years, more than he thought anyone could bare.

What was good in childbirth was that after few hours it would be done and over. In good or worse, his life’s fortunes might either triumph or fail, but altogether, the millwheel in his neck would be taken away and that hopeless state of utter helplessness would be gone.

Wilhelm the Conqueror would not.

No matter how long he waited, that Norman Shadow would eat his entire little realm into its darkness. Not perhaps today, not this year, but eventually...bit by bit, count after count would fall.
In the darkness of the night, the evil often spoke to him and whispered if he could change his firstborn child for Wilhelm’s capitulation and that though had haunted him constantly and painstakingly.

It was perhaps his fortune that he had bit all the nail ends away as the clasp he gave to his own head would have left scratches and wounds in his forehead.
Gentle touch lit bit of light into his personal gloom.
It was Dôn. His mother stepped little aside and looked outside. “Everything is going just as it should...everything will be all right”
She – perhaps unintentionally repeated the message of the landscape that opened to the hall – or perhaps not. After all, Queen of the Otherside might have had something to do about it... the air, the lack of wind...the gentle mist that cloaked the forests and mountains into calming haze. If the birds sang, they did it so that the sound faded away into the almost numbing comfortably that the nature seemed to offer today.
“You let your worries aside my son. Everything will be all right. The child will be healthy and strong.”
Dôn slowly faded into the shadows of the hall, but her presence...or the essence of the presence remained. Gwydion didn’t felt all that calm that she might had planned, but the weary side of politics stepped bit aside in his mind when his mother’s word echoed: healthy and strong

Etain, his nephew, Gillfaethwy’s son was already a growing toddler, a pride not only their mother but to the entire family but sometimes Gwydion couldn’t bear to take part in celebrating the child...so much had changed since his brother had become a father, at the age of 19. Whereas some amount of seriousness and responsibility suited rather well for his bailiff, Gwydion couldn’t help to think that it had also made everyone thinking something less of himself...something more irresponsible and immature, a boy among the grown men ...like he was suddenly the little brother.
No your both exactly the same age; so therefore you either share the realm or decide which one has the right to rule it
Their mother’s voice still bare its vivid strength in Gwydion’s thoughts, despite there was more than decade of years since they had last argued over these things.
Fortune had made Gwydion to win the throne...perhaps it was their mother again “influencing” their fortunes by letting Gillfaethwy to get back at him by becoming a man before him.

Who knew? Between themselves, they never spoke about these things. But Still, the sense of getting back into the level of his brother remained among the huge list of enjoyable thoughts that his own yet-to-born child brought him. Indeed. Who knew?

At the age of sixteen he was a married man
And at the age of seventeen a father to a son
And at the age of eighteen his grave it did grow green
Cruel death had put an end to his growing

Immortality passed in his mind. The everlasting bitterness of their life. If their petty rivalry about succession had been long gone, the knowledge of mortal life, for children of Dôn, a Fairy Queen in her full regal, was something not so easily forgotten.
Another early childhood memory haunted him that day. A shameful event where another child had beat them both in a fight and the bitterness of that defeat...Gwydion couldn’t even remember who that kid had been, but her mother’s eyes he would never forget. Why can’t we be like you and above the mortal men? either one of them had pressed. Mother had said nothing, just looked them with sorrow and yearning in her eyes that reached the far most depths of the Otherside...pouring the weigth of the entire tragedy of the fair folk upon such young lads they had been was probably bit unfair, but neither of them ever asked about those things ever again.

Just when Gwydion was stretching his memory to seek the solution their mother had gave them to deal with that kid who had so boldly defeated them, the door slang ajar.
if you can’t beat them join them echoed in his toughs when the housemaid manifested: It’s a Boy! I’ts a boy!

For reward: Remove rebellious trait from one-tenth of my vassals, rounding up

Tch, Golle, you're censoring your AAR to suit modern sensibilities? The original of that song has him married at 14 and dead at 16. :D Indeed, the whole point is that the girl complains about being married to a man too young to perform his duties:

Father, dear father, you've done me great wrong;
you've married me to a boy who is too young.
I'm twice twelve, and he is but fourteen
He's young, but he's daily growing.

It was actually Steeleye Span that made the alterations:D

Saxony 1066-1077
11949924241169156198sax.png

An introduction:

The von Goldstrand dynasty began in 938 A.D when the German Emperor Otto I the Great makes Hermann von Goldstrand margrave of Saxony due to exceptional services. The Emperor, who was currently duke of Saxony, begun entrusting more autonomy to Hermann over time and with Hermann’s death his son was granted the title of duke. Since then the dukes of Saxony have been sons of the von Goldstrand dynasty.
The duchy has recently passed to Karl, fifteen years of age, due to the recent death of his father Anders.

June 15th 1066.
The sun set over the city of Gottingen, Saxony. Karl von Goldstrand stood on his balcony alone and watched the fiery sphere settle below the forest in the west. The summer afternoon warmth had yet to die away and all was quite but for the wind blowing through the gardens below. Suddenly there was another sound as well, the sound of footsteps approaching him from behind. He swirled around only to stand in front of Ida Billung, his chancellor. Ida, surprised by his sudden movement, had to gather herself before she spoke.
“Lord, I would like you to read this letter from the archbishop of Bremen before tomorrow morning,” she said courtesly. “He wonders about your lack of a formal diocese bishop.”
Karl sighed. He had never been a very pious man but this was what it was like being a duke, you had to care for all of your vassals.
“Fine, leave them on my desk,” he answered resignedly. “I’ll read it and think up a good answer ‘til the morrow.”
With that Ida bowed, turned around and left him alone with his thoughts once more.
Karl turned around again and looked to the west. The sun had already disappeared behind the trees leaving a burning orange sky behind. As the orange glow faded, so did the summer warmth with it. He decided that it would be wise to go inside and read that letter from the whiny old man in Bremen before he became too tired to come up with a proper response.

May 28th 1077.
The sun was at high noon and spring began to turn into summer once more. In his chamber, Karl were sorting through new missives and had just finished reading the latest from his sons’ tutors. His oldest child, Georg, was turning into a fine lad and much resembled his father. He would become a fine ruler when it was his time. Karl sighed and reached for the next missive in the pile in front of him, it probably wouldn’t be such good news. He stopped for a second when he saw who it was from; the courtier doctor.
“What in the world could this be about,” he wondered out loud. They never sent him personal missives if it wasn’t about something serious. He reached for his letter-opener and used it to cut open the yellow envelope, bracing for the worst. It turned out it wasn’t as serious as he had feared, no one in his immediate family had turned ill, but it was bad enough. Radulf Hrodwulf, who has been coughing and bedbound for a while, had been diagnosed with pneumonia and quarantined. None of the treatment he had received has had any effect.
“Poor man,” he mumbled as he folded the missive and put it in the pile to be archived. He had always liked the man who had seemed to be in such good health before he became ill. The only thing left to do now was to hope for God to save him, but the Lord seemed to be busy telling the Holy Father in Rome what African wasteland to liberate from the infidel next...

Short summary of the session:

Position: My position in Europe is a rather crowded one. There are players directly to my east, north and west, and if you want to stretch it, southwest.
Current situation: I’ve managed to get a fine german lady with above average stats, a good education (elusive shadow) and a large bunch of would-be heirs. I’ve so far only managed to gain two new vassals; one in Bologna and one in Urbino, both through diplomatic vassalization. The HRE is still alive and kicking and has in fact only lost a couple of small-time provinces in north-western Italy so far. Hopefully, they’ll collapse soon enough leaving me with some of the spoils.
One thing that I haven’t been very lucky with though is the both Immortals currently staying in my court, Radulf Hrodwulf and Heinrich von Stadt. One of the first things that happened were that Radulf got an illness that later took his life. He was returned to life by a timely rehost only to get pneumonia later on. He has had at least one healer that has come to see him, but 75 % chance to remove his illness was not enough. Heinrich on the other hand is doing quite well and is currently having an affair with my wife.

Not much is happening on the international level, disregarding the succession crisis in the Seljuk Empire that both FrozenWall and Fasquadron has given excellent analyses of.

If it isn't too late to claim a reward for this session I would like pneumonia removed from Immortal Radulf Hrodwulf please.

29lirgg.png

My D&D, Order of the Stick inspired Comics begin!

This just in, the Abbasids and Rurikovics have split the Seljuks.

Rurovs go victorian russia! An assassains blade around every corner and behind every curtain!

Wester europe launch crusade on Egypt! Christians clashing like waves upon fortress Alexandria!

Scots loot Alexandria! Alexandria wrestles King of Fatimid title from Damascus!

Abbasid Persia vassalizes Jerusalem under Egypts nose! Antioch diplo-steals tripoli from Egypt!

All the muslim AI pledges to Nubia!

Last edited: