• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mupdate Session 14; in which everybody jumps the Empire

the year is 1170:

session14.jpg

Fault in map: most of Ireland is French

The German Empire is wracked by civil war, subbed by Golle, without support. The Danes, French, Greeks, North Germans and Andalusians see their chance to take the behemoth and attack! Wast armies march across ravaged Europe, everywhere the Imperial Germans are pushed back. Northern Germany and Bohemia are entirely lost! Spain falls to the Moslems! Italy is now wholly occupied by the Greeks!

But the two mightiest nations, the Caliphate and Russia, marshaling almost a million men between them, have yet to move. Will they allow the Empire to get dragged into the depths of history without lifting a finger, or are they dictating the fate of the Europeans to their liking as we speak?

Notable is the Emir of Toledo unilaterally advancing the lines between Moslem and Christian once again, and Rome falling into Orthodox hands. Truly it is a dark age for the Papists!

Last edited:
We thank the Bishops of Rome for taking care of the city in our absence. However, now the Popes have done their job; the Popes can go. After all, an emperor who does not hold Rome... is only another rebel.

The Great Fiat of 1170

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

The Great Lords of Alexandria and Novgorod have in their great Wisdom and Benevolence seen the turmoil and suffering of the European peoples stemming from their wars and strife. Therefore they call now upon the lesser lords of Europe to sign a Peace of God, so that peace may yet reign in their lands.

They have decided in their justice thus:

14fiat.jpg

With the fate of Naples being the purview of Russia

Also Russia wants that one province in Russia

thatoneinrussia.jpg

Let it be know that any man who stands against Peace shall know War, and be trampled under the boots of the innumerable legions of South and East. His realm sundered utterly and his family hunted down to the last child. In this our word is Iron.

Peace in our time,or else. :D

Thats not a peace, but third party suggestion, allready shotdown by the belligrents in the other forum

The Great Fiat of 1170

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

The Great Lords of Alexandria and Novgorod have in their great Wisdom and Benevolence seen the turmoil and suffering of the European peoples stemming from their wars and strife. Therefore they call now upon the lesser lords of Europe to sign a Peace of God, so that peace may yet reign in their lands.

They have decided in their justice thus:

14fiat.jpg

Let it be know that any man who stands against Peace shall know War, and be trampled under the boots of the innumerable legions of South and East. His realm sundered utterly and his family hunted down to the last child. In this our word is Iron.

Peace in our time,or else. :D

That peace seems to give huge gains to Toledo, good gains to Loire and Lotaringa, but nothing to the Danes - and I can't really see if the Greeks get anything either. I would have expected all parties to gain something from a War (GB) like this....

Golle said:
Thats not a peace, but third party suggestion, allready shotdown by the belligrents in the other forum
You seem confused as to the "or else" clause of the text. This is not a suggestion. It is a Fiat by the two reigning superpowers of this game. The very ground trembles and quakes at the thought of our advance. There will be no pardon, no quarter, for those who oppose peace.

Or will they cower like chickens as soon as they can not have their will without lifting a finger ?

The disunited Forces of the grand Gangbang:
Byzantion: 160.000
Lotharinga: 250.000
Loire: 105.000
Denmark: 195.000
Toledo: 35.000

The victim:
Germany: 65.000

The peacebringers:
Russia and the Caliphate: One. Million. Men.

Denmark has voiced his neutrality for the future, Byzantion is a sideshow and sandwiched between Russia and the Caliphate, Toledo is a good vassal of the Caliphate. And so are unlikely to wish to, and have little to gain from, facing our wrath. Loire has been quiet. Lotharinga is puffing out his chest as best he can.

The Caliphate wishes for a fair and reasonable peace that both recognizes the war efforts of those involved whilst simultaneously not overly rewarding people for jumping defenceless players.

That peace seems to give huge gains to Toledo, good gains to Loire and Lotaringa, but nothing to the Danes - and I can't really see if the Greeks get anything either. I would have expected all parties to gain something from a War (GB) like this....

These are demands of peace, not actual peace. It looks like we might have to enforce it on certain belligerents... Toledos gains are in line with previously promised handovers that Germany has been slow to deliver. Lotharinga loses slightly from giving up all those scattered holdings in s.Europe, but gains considerably compared to a few sessions ago. The Danes only wanted two provs, which they got. The Greeks hold Rome/Naples, but have angered the powers that be...

Last edited:
hmm.. And is it just a coincidence, that Golle is the one subbing? -You are not just doing this to annoy Golle, are you?

how can you ever even suggest such thing :D :p

But during the session, I did my best to keep Germany intact during rather nasty civil war, so considerated how good behaviour it is for hyenas to assault bleeding reindeer, I think Rudolf in this case has rigth to annoy the hyenas little bit. (for that purpose Im currently rallying Blayne to take the german position if Fasquardon resigns completely.)

Please, Golle, don't make it harder for the Power-Block to save Germany! ;)

And this is early days of a mega-campaign..Do you really wan't the campaign to be reduced to 2 players with a million men?

Please, Golle, don't make it harder for the Power-Block to save Germany! ;)
Yea Golle, hush! :p

And this is early days of a mega-campaign..Do you really wan't the campaign to be reduced to 2 players with a million men?

In our defence we spent half the negotiations to save Germany making half veiled threats against each other should the other try something funny... A permanent coalition it is not. :s

Bah, there isen't really a that much will to save Germany, those who wants to "save" it makes peaceoffers where Germany is reduced twice what it was. So I will make it hard for everyone, nerfing someone's country should be easy by any standarts...Gangbangs are bad, so everyone participating, advocating, supporting or allowing them should feel bad of themselves

I play 30k small princedom, you don't need to lecture me about countrysizes...I'm just subbing Fasq in these after-session moralisations festivities, I will play the role of the victim untill Fasq arrives to take his proper postion.

Last edited: