• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fasq had a rather large civil war which took his attention away from South Italy.

That's not entirely true; he grabbed the King title at the beginning of the session. He's apparently letting the former King live out his life as a Duke, knowing that it will eventually pledge back to him - if not in this generation then in the next.

That's not entirely true; he grabbed the King title at the beginning of the session. He's apparently letting the former King live out his life as a Duke, knowing that it will eventually pledge back to him - if not in this generation then in the next.

He did however not finish it of, despite the fact that a re-war would have cost him no BB to force-vassalize....

From the last few maps it seems to me everyone has just forgotten about South Italy.
Aye, a danish expeditionary corps could indeed solve the problem, I agree. :cool:

The Empire mistakenly breaks a few rules during pacification of its runaway vassals, thus risking some punitive edits.
Fans of the aesthetical value of your mupdates will rejoice when the conveniently shaped Duchy of Jerusalem will switch hands !

Aye, a danish expeditionary corps could indeed solve the problem, I agree.

Naples has been claimed by Caliphate-Imperial treaty, outside meddling will without exemption be met by severe military sanction.

Fans of the aesthetical value of your mupdates will rejoice when the conveniently shaped Duchy of Jerusalem will switch hands !

The Caliphates cartographic guilds sincerely hope this will be solved amicably before the next session. :wacko:

Last edited:
Without condoning infidel interference in Christian affairs, what is Russia's interest? Italy appears rather remote from the Volga and Don, yes?

As for Rome, we are of course bound by the Camp Dukas Accords not to interfere in any action the Caliphate might take in Italy, or indeed anywhere outside of our own borders and those of our acknowledged allies.

At the present time, to my understanding, neither Rome nor the Caliphate has allies in the sense of the Camp Dukas Accords. To be specific, I intended the clause to refer to ingame alliances using the game mechanics, not informal understandings between players. If Frosty has a different understanding, let him say so now and we can reach an agreement.

For those who didn't follow TWBW, it may interest you to know that such clauses are enforced by excommunicating (by edit) the ruler of a player who breaches it.

If Frosty has a different understanding, let him say so now and we can reach an agreement.

The Caliphate has no proper allies. It has certain understandings and agreements. As for Naples the situation is thus: Rome is King of Naples, any outside nation meddling in Naples is thus an assault on Imperial interests. The Empire could therefore be expected to defend its interests, the Moroccan treaty allows for the raising of certain regiments from the Fatimid realm for military action in the West (in which Naples is included). So it could be argued the Caliphate is partially allied with the Empire.

As for Bulgaria the Caliphate has signed an effective NAP for the duration of the signing monarchs, disallowing open warfare between us. Should Bulgaria be part of a coalition attacking the Empire Fatimid treaty-troops could however be raised to defend against non-Bulgarian coalition members.

Nice pre screwup borders: :)

12empirepre.jpg

After:
scared-to-death-2.gif

12empirepost.jpg

I foresee much work for KoM when this gets cleared up :p

Last edited:
Actually the first pic is after the screwup and the second is before, not the other way round.

pre and post rectifying edit is what I was getting at

The Knautschlings - part 11

Sofia

With Faste being viewed as the most pious lord around he decides it is best to use his position
to show the world that he sees marriage as holy. To that end he successfully asks the pope to
excommunicate some random bastard.

k1001.jpg

k1002.jpg

Meanwhile Faste´s eldest daughter Sofia catches some illness.

k1003.jpg

Recall that when her father was her age the Royal Palace was occupied by Lotharingian troops.
This would not be important if not for the fact that he does tell her that story whenever she
complains about having pain as an example of how Knautschlings have overcome worse than a simple illness.
That turns out to be some kind of worms.

k1004.jpg

While the pope is impressed with Faste´s harsh stance against bastards and bestows some fancy
title on him,

k1005.jpg

Sofia catches yet more illnesses.

k1006.jpg

Her father´s reaction being the usual tale of how harsh the times were when he was her age, naturally.
The good news for her is that this miracle healer that approaches her

k1007.jpg

does indeed have a greater effect than one would actually expect.
The bad news is that she still has the worm problem which means it is inevitable for her to hear some
more repeatings of Faste telling her you know what.
But luckily for the moment Faste is occupied by the fact that Slesvig somehow got under
control of the King of Germany, also known as the King of Bavaria due to popular alphabetical arrangement of titles.
The King of Germany is quite powerful, but Faste is more of a warrior at heart than he is a
skilled diplomat so he shorthandedly declares war over the matter.

k1008.jpg

And after the Slesvig castle is successfully besieged the opposition already agrees to accept
the Danish claims on Slesvig to be rightful.

k1009.jpg

k1010.jpg

k1011.jpg

This is with not even one major battle being conducted so far which leaves Faste slightly disappointed.
After all of this hassle it is probably best we look for Sophia again.
Oh look, she caught some illness in the meantime which currently worsens into pneumonia.

k1012.jpg

But do not worry, shortly after her fifteenth birthday and a couple more listenings to Faste´s
same old tale a miracle healer helps her successfully once more.

k1013.jpg

Which means she is back to having just the same good old intestinal worms on the illness front again.
At the end of this chapter the lovely Sofia is eighteen years old and is just about to convince her father
to let her marry.
Thank you for reading and hopefully see you again when the Knautschling tale continues next week !​

Kolibri: "Hey Faste, Whazzup ?"
Faste: "Eh, the usual you know."
Kolibri: "So, remember how we managed to reach an agreement over Stettin without major fighting last session ?"
Faste: "Yeah, that sucked, didn´t it ?"
Kolibri: "Really ? I thought it was quite easy."
Faste: "Easy yes, but not... you know... Danish."
Kolibri: "Uh okay, well anyway, I thought we settle the territorial conflict with Loire in a different manner than with little bloodshed."
Faste: "Loire ? Awesome ! You know how that Raoul guy the son of the King of Loire is a fosterling in my court ?
Man that little piece of shit is really getting on my nerves, wanted to kick his father´s butt for so long already.
I will tell the marshal to prepare our armies immediately."
Kolibri: "With no bloodshed at all."
Faste: "..."

Faste: "Seriously dude that is not funny."
Kolibri: "I am not joking, I already negotiated about this treaty with Carillon, the guy playing the De Flandre dynasty."

The De Flandre - Knautschling agreement

The Kingdom of Loire and the Kingdom of Denmark hereby solemnly announce
the following territorial exchanges:

The control over Great Britain is to be divided as outlined in the map below.

Furthermore the remaining Danish provinces in continental France go to Loire and the Isle of Man goes to Denmark.

Adding to the territorial agreements that will improve the logistical situation for both sides considerably,
Loire and Denmark agree on a mutual non-aggression pact.
This includes not trying to gain control over each other´s vassals in cases where either their loyalty drops low or where
they manage to temporarily break free but are still at war with their overlord.

The De Flandre - Knautschling agreement is valid until 1200 A.D.

Faste: "What the fuck dude ? I´m not signing this piece of crap."
Kolibri: "Why not ?"
Faste: "Well maybe because it does not effing include KICKING LOIRE´s BUTT you dimwit ?"
Kolibri: "Oh so that´s the way it goes now then ?"
Faste: "Yes that is exactly the way, I tell the marshal to prepare the armies. And you better have some good grand scale battleplan prepared at Saturday."
Kolibri: "Sorry Faste, but I need you to sign that treaty, whether you want to or not."
Faste: "Gee and how will you force me to do it ?"
Kolibri: "Well just saying, if you do not cooperate then I do not cooperate as well."
Faste: "What does that mean ? You have nothing on me !"
Kolibri: "Just saying."
Faste: "Dude what are you talking about ?"
Kolibri: "Okay I changed my mind, we do it your way. You tell the marshal while I make arrangements to marry off Sofia to a heathen bastard."
Faste: "..."

Faste: "Asshole !"
Faste: *signs treaty*

Heh. You've almost re-invented the partition into Norselaw (in this history, Danelaw) and England-south-of-Thames that we had in TWBW. I wonder if the border will move as often?

Heh. You've almost re-invented the partition into Norselaw (in this history, Danelaw) and England-south-of-Thames that we had in TWBW. I wonder if the border will move as often?

Feeling the urge to swap?

Shoo! Shoo!

At least vR is mercifully giving you back that Duchy that he inherited. Incidentally, now that the Balkan borders are settled to our satisfaction, Rome would be happy to have peace with the Croatians, and is glad to see it restored as a viable power.

By the by, in case there is confusion about Rome, Gothia, Germany, and so on:

• I'm playing the tag BULG, with territory in Anatolia and the Balkans, basically the pre-Manzikert borders of Byzantium. I refer to myself as either Rome or Byzantium; others tend to refer to me as Bulgaria, especially if they want to annoy me.
  • Fasquardon is playing the tag GERM, occupying a huge swath of territory from Spain up to Poland - he has the north half of Spain, the south half of France, northern Italy and a bit of Germany, and parts of Bohemia. He refers to himself as Rome, because he extorted the BYZA tag from the AI before I inherited BULG. He requests that those who don't recognise him as Emperor refer to him as Gothia, which I do. However, because of the tag, he is sometimes called Germany.
  • Fivoin is playing the Kingdom of Lotharingia, whose tag I don't recall at the moment. He occupies, more or less, what used to be West Germany. Because of this is he sometimes called Germany; and because of the Duchy he started as, he is sometimes called Saxony.
  • There is only one All The Russias. Nobody ever refers to it as anything whatsoever, because bringing its attention is bad luck.
  • Note, by the way, that our kingdom setup is modded, mainly to avoid the problems of having the GERM tag own half of Europe. In our setup there are more kingdoms than in vanilla, and not every province belongs to a kingdom, creating buffer zones of neutral territory between them.
  • Carillon is playing France, more or less, except he only owns the northern half. He started as Flanders so he sometimes gets called that; his king title used to be Normandie and is now (through some sort of inheritance or rebellion weirdness) Loire, so those names are sometimes used as well.
  • Frosty / FrozenWall plays the kingdom of Upper and Lower Egypt (as in vanilla, there are two Kingdom tags named Egypt, namely EGYP and FATI), also called the Caliphate.
  • Persia exists.
  • Poland is not yet dead.
  • There are vikings in the north.
  • And, of course, Croatia. Shoo! Shoo!