• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I observe in passing that last time we where in this situation I walked away with Antioch and the Isles.

So, what have I got to lose exactly? I currently have both the Isles and Antioch. If the same happens as last time, I'll be no worse off than when the war started. I give your bloodcurdling threats 2 out of a possible 10.

So, what have I got to lose exactly? I currently have both the Isles and Antioch. If the same happens as last time, I'll be no worse off than when the war started. I give your bloodcurdling threats 2 out of a possible 10.

I have not yet begun to make bloodcurdling threats.

With no centralized church to speak of, and the carefully enforced tolerance of the Franco-Iberians,
I like that. "Carefully enforced tolerance."

I also suggest TNFKAB (The Nation Formerly Known As Byzantion) tone down a bit, lest he too suffer careful enforcement. We are confident an equitable and peaceful solution can be reached, without necessitating the involvement of Dano-Bavarian armies doing nasty things to Andalusian-administred lands.

I have not yet begun to make bloodcurdling threats.

Nor would you be particularly wise in doing so with 65k manpower left. Then again, who am I to criticize you? Restraint in threatening your neighbours never was your forte.

Wait, now I remember: right, I was the one (with MP at 300k and rapidly rising) trying to get you out of this mess! Less sabre-rattling, more promising people goodies!

On a more serious note: I am very glad to see you and Croatia have resolved your perceived differences. Hugs all around.

I like that. "Carefully enforced tolerance."

Holy men tend to be more understanding of eachother if they know they will be drawn and quartered without fair trial should some local mob do something not PK. :p

Less sabre-rattling, more promising people goodies!

But, but, bloodcurdling threats and gloating are half the fun! And all I demanded was to get back the land he stole from me while I was absent! :(

So, Frosty, what say we patch up our differences and join in alliance against this upstart sultan with the impaired sense of humour? If he can't appreciate the joys of a good bout of slinging death threats, he doesn't deserve to rule Spain and France, that's what I say. Isn't it time you reasserted the Caliphate's primacy in Moslem-internal affairs?

So, Frosty, what say we patch up our differences and join in alliance against this upstart sultan with the impaired sense of humour? If he can't appreciate the joys of a good bout of slinging death threats, he doesn't deserve to rule Spain and France, that's what I say. Isn't it time you reasserted the Caliphate's primacy in Moslem-internal affairs?

Exchanging gamelong allies for notorious backstabbers has been known to backfire on some people...

indeed, and only the masters can do it twice during same war and still survive ;)

Yes, that would be... interesting.

Also, retarded and suicidal, as I could take the both of you single-handedly the way things are now.*

* Not a threat, merely an observation. In passing. Yo.

"Survive" by switching to a larger nation. One could call that "cheap". But of course, I wont.

There are no cheap trics when you can muster same ammount of troops than your opponent alone from his capital ;)
And switching to larger nations isen't that easy...you don't see many to pull those out either ;)

I for one support Kommunist-Egyptian alliance against Andalusian hordes. Of course if France is returned to it's true owners.

So what brought about the end of the ancient Romano-Persian alliance?

Plots, counter-plots and preemptive plotting to plot.

Foels had gone as far north as he cared to, reaching the Volga; he didn't like to attack Frosty; and I looked vulnerable.

Foels had gone as far north as he cared to, reaching the Volga; he didn't like to attack Frosty; and I looked vulnerable.

Clearly it was his wish to righteously defend his beleaguered brothers in faith against infidel tyranny that drove him to with a tear in his eye pick up the sword against his old allies, not some tawdry wish for easy territorial gain. That's just an unforeseen side-effect. :D