• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a clear message from Allah! The Saracens have strayed from the ways of their fathers for too long and have let peace make them grow soft! Now is the time to return to our roots!

What has befallen my realm is beyond unjust and unsportsmanlike, nevermind the fact I have done the same my enemies a dozen times, this behavior cannot, shall not, will not stand!

Death, death, death to the Greeks! With Anatolia as with Italy! With the Komnenoi as with the House Dongola! Let the cries of a thousand Byzanthophiles sound and echo as a hymn and theme to our deeds! Allah! Allahu Akbar!

Last edited:
  • Rome is at war with al-Andalus, which is a bit of a draw.

Oh. I was unaware of this; I was busy rearranging my realm with my shiny new 17 INT king. I'll look into this next session.

This is a clear message from Allah! The Saracens have strayed from the ways of their fathers for too long and have let peace make them grow soft! Now is the time to return to our roots!

What has befallen my realm is beyond unjust and unsportsmanlike, nevermind the fact I have done the same my enemies a dozen times, this behavior cannot, shall not, will not stand!

Death, death, death to the Greeks! With Anatolia as with Italy! With the Komnenoi as with the House Dongola! Let the cries of a thousand Byzanthophiles sound and echo as a hymn and theme to our deeds! Allah! Allahu Akbar!

Crom Wills It!
[video=youtube;Ez6wfJWVCeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6wfJWVCeI&feature=related[/video]

Oh. I was unaware of this; I was busy rearranging my realm with my shiny new 17 INT king. I'll look into this next session.

Well, I had the impression you were helping out Ike. But we do not have to be at war if you don't like. :)

I'll be the first to admit that I have a bit of a soft spot for the Egyptians. Their adorable comics, their equally adorable vassal-sniping - though they were never an underdog, so that's turned around for them. Normally when people are evil nation-eaters we hate them, but Frosty acknowledges the fact so readily that he's just audacious enough to like.

Yay for Egypt! You show those Roman jerks!

The Children of Crom plead for the Dôns to leave Rome to their fate and return to their home or face rebellion in the Isles.

Children of Crom should be aware that Denmark is participating to the Persian affair, not going Crusading while our King is still a schoolboy.
Then again, all the foreing intervention troops are not coming from the isles (except from Ireland) but the household troops of the crown are not mobilised.

Well, I had the impression you were helping out Ike. But we do not have to be at war if you don't like. :)

I do intend to help. However, I much prefer rattling sabres to actually using them. Doing so is messy and bad for the economy. Also, first order of business is to rearrange my realm so I can actually use the bajillion manpower I have.

Also, I'm not too keen on heading into open warfare with you considering Bavaria and Denmark are supporting you. I will, if strictly necessary.

caliphatepaint.jpg

And while we are at it, who is at war with whom, for what goals, and what are the stances of the powers not committed?

Also, I'm not too keen on heading into open warfare with you considering Bavaria and Denmark are supporting you. I will, if strictly necessary.
Keep in mind that both Bavaria and Denmark has kept the larger parts of their hosts at home and only sent a fraction overseas. You’d be well advised to think twice before joining this war on the side of the infidel.

Keep in mind that both Bavaria and Denmark has kept the larger parts of their hosts at home and only sent a fraction overseas. You’d be well advised to think twice before joining this war on the side of the infidel.

Fortunately, Al-Andalus' desire to go to war ill-consideredly is precisely zero, and its strategic planners thank you for this cautionary yet informative statement.

I'll be the first to admit that I have a bit of a soft spot for the Egyptians. Their adorable comics, their equally adorable vassal-sniping - though they were never an underdog, so that's turned around for them. Normally when people are evil nation-eaters we hate them, but Frosty acknowledges the fact so readily that he's just audacious enough to like.

Yay for Egypt! You show those Roman jerks!

You've obviously never had the misfortune to conduct diplomacy with the man.

with the egypt man or with that roman jerk;)??

Also, nice cartoon egypt-man, though more blayne should have been included

Because the blame two people failing to comunicate their intentions and understandings usualy falls squarely on one side? :p

I just realised that Ike was in fact in breach of a rule after all, when he force-vassalised that bishop; to wit, this one:

If two players are at war with an AI, neither may (without the consent of the other) peace so that provinces the other controls become part of their realm.

He offered the peace at a time when I was occupying the province north of Farama, whatever it is called. Thus I controlled a province that became part of his realm. So, the bishopric is rightfully mine. Whether I can keep it is another question, to be sure.

I just realised that Ike was in fact in breach of a rule after all, when he force-vassalised that bishop; to wit, this one:

He offered the peace at a time when I was occupying the province north of Farama, whatever it is called. Thus I controlled a province that became part of his realm. So, the bishopric is rightfully mine. Whether I can keep it is another question, to be sure.

If i broke the rules unintentionally so did you.

You may not force-vassalise a character who is currently the vassal of another character.

He was the vassal of Egypt and you force vassalized him.

He was the vassal of Egypt and you force vassalized him.

Outrage! Excomm! Excomm!

In other news:

The treaty of Firenze:

The Most Righteous Emperors of Rome and Byzantion, with Averronian mediation, come to agree that their Italian border conflict is is born out of simple linguistic misunderstandings between the nations cartographers and a commendable if impetuous inclination among local commanders towards taking lands from Greeks without conferring with their liege first.

It is thus decreed;

That the Nicean Impostors claims of being the Roman Empire, and any rights or titles associated with it, shall not be recognized.

The Emperors shall sign a defensive alliance, as well as a pact of non-aggression, lasting until the year 1420 after the birth of the prophet Isa.

Firenze and Modena (c322,c328) shall be given from the Caliphate to Croatia, upon the cessation of current hostilities in the east.

For clarity amongst the cartographers, the Emperors decree the map after the conversion shall be thus;

31663363.jpg