• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
byzantium declares war upon Egyptian (few remaining) Vassal!!!

Ok. That was my vassal, that Ike force-vassalised in defiance of the rules. So I DOWed to retake it, rather than waiting to edit it back; and gained some BB in the process, I may add. Then Foels DOWed me. Fivoin honoured his DA with me, and Gollevainen his status as Defender of the Faith.

Ok. That was my vassal, that Ike force-vassalised in defiance of the rules. So I DOWed to retake it, rather than waiting to edit it back; and gained some BB in the process, I may add. Then Foels DOWed me. Fivoin honoured his DA with me, and Gollevainen his status as Defender of the Faith.

The peace offer of vassalization was sent while he was at war with you....which you did after he had rebelled against Egypt. It's not my fault he accepted the peace offer after you had vassalised him. Also Foels had all the right to DoW you has you were allready aggressing against Egypt on fould terms.

Ah. Ok, fair enough. Bit of a mishap, then; a contretemps; an accident, really. These things will happen; after all, only a few tens of thousands have died so far. A blip, really, on the scale of the Plague.

Well, it seems that I, and not Ike, was in violation of the rules when I force-vassalised that bishop the second time. So I'll hand it back by edit. But otherwise, I think things may have gone a bit far to just kiss and make up. Have you looked at the map of Anatolia and the Levant recently? :)

1374-1382

In which...
(in order of momentousness, not chronology)
  • Persia secures the world's monopoly on Lesbians. Lechers throughout the known world protest.
  • Andalusian king dies! Andalusians rejoice. (Pictorial elucidation to follow.)
  • Other nations' kings die, too! (Of Denmark and Croatia I am certain; the Bavarian Goldstrand doesn't look too old, either.)
  • Egypt saved from utter destruction by The Entity Formerly Known as Destroyer of Nations! (TEFKADON)
  • Egypt partially disintegrates. Realpolitikally speaking, Greece (The Nation Formerly Known As Byzantion) and Persia quarrel of pieces of Egyptian Levant; Dônmark joins on the Persian(?) side; Bavaria, on the Greek side.
  • Plague mostly done, except in Ikeland and that revolting Scotland (and no, just ordering them to wash is not enough; consensus was that Highlanders' heads need to be chopped off; no lesser measure will do).
  • Civil wars everywhere. Seriously; I even spotted Bavarian revolters, until they were crushed by their oppressors. Uh, rightful overlords.

And now, for your entertainment, a little game of 'spot the differences':
(Before)
fail.png

(After)
cool.png

Hence the rejoicing. Mostly by me.

Basetaxgraph:
bt_graph.png

Mupdate:
1382.png

(AAR reward: +1 stab)

It is funny how the destroyer of nations managed to partially save Egypt from utter destruction and KoM's vassal sniping.

Also KoM what is the fate of the Greek-Egyptian war? You'll edit the disputed land of Al Arish Bishop back to Egypt?

Check the date, check who was in charge of Russia at the time.

A wise Radomir regency council had just begun ruling Russia to save it from being 10 provinces over the demesne limit. It's a good thing the Rurikoviches were away on vacation. Who knows what kind of trouble Russia would've gotten into if it weren't for Croatia.

Oddman's map is a little inaccurate in some places; here is a better, showing what's occupied as well as what's owned. Stuff that Byz is due to hand back by edit is not marked purple.

Situation_1382.png

Observe that the Moroccan rebellion is mostly beaten down, but Roman forces have retaken large swathes of the Levant. Foul Persian necromancy, also known as having claims on Duke titles, has caused several Roman counts to go over to the enemy, but mostly these incidents have been dealt with. Conversely, Roman forces have conquered several border provinces on the Persian side, although in the interest of conserving our forces we have made strategic retreats from these exposed positions.

Diplomatic situation:

• Rome is at war with the Caliphate, and winning.
  • Rome is at war with al-Andalus, which is a bit of a draw.
  • Rome is at war with Persia, and holding its own, although in the long run, Rome will run out of troops before Persia runs out of undead horrors.
  • Germany is at war with Persia, honouring its defensive pact with Rome; the logistics are not good.
  • Denmark is at war with Persia, honouring its status as Defender of the Faith; the logistics are again terrible.
  • Russia and Croatia have not yet committed themselves.

The Children of Crom plead for the Dôns to leave Rome to their fate and return to their home or face rebellion in the Isles.