• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:(

Maybe the Greeks didn't have the fighting power of the Norse, although KoM always seems to gain his land through clever backroom deals as opposed to mighty feats of strength. Still, I hope he doesn't get eaten by larger powers. Those snippets of Byzantine history keep me coming back to this thread.

Maybe the Greeks didn't have the fighting power of the Norse, although KoM always seems to gain his land through clever backroom deals as opposed to mighty feats of strength. Still, I hope he doesn't get eaten by larger powers. Those snippets of Byzantine history keep me coming back to this thread.

It was not a question of fighting power, it was a question of him betraying to many people at the same time. And even if he ends up getting himself annexed conversion is only a month away, where there will be plenty of opportunity for him to plot revenge on us from Dehli. :)

Obviously a Yngling will marry a Byzantine woman, travel far to the East, and rise in rank in Japan!

Enrenu Banzai! KoM will lead grolious Nippon teikoku to victoly!

Either that, or he should take over the Indias with Gondwana. Either way, KoM is immune to removal because he is

a) King of Motherfucking MEN!!
b) Happens to be GM
c) Yngling transtemporal crack troops. "Nuff said.

And the nations on both sides of the buffer like me. That just means I've got 700 years of secure borders to make my position a little better for HoI.

I hear China is good next century...

Al-Andalus solemnly swears to aid Croatia in all its endeavours until China is eaten. And probably after that, too.

Indeed, if one has great apetites for unfairly gangbangs, he most likely score out something in long play unless he is really incompetent player.

Of those only the Dôn's aren't feeding from your hand like castrated blind lambs, and in good day, Al-andalucia has larger MP than Denmark, and all of it in handy big blob... so why I am smelling the all too familiar odor of crocodile tears here :D

Don't they smell sweet :D? Also: fair wars are for chumps. If you're fighting an unfair war (where you're the victim, that is) something went wrong earlier along the line. Make peace, beg for mercy, and revise alliances.

Only because you annexed the ones inbetween. ;)

I did no annexations, no sir. None by myself, anyway ;).

Death to Al-Andalus! Crom Vult!
I suppose you haven't truly participated in a megacampaign until someone is clamoring for your demise :D . To be fair, I hadn't expected it to happen until Vicky or so :rolleyes:.

We've got the latest conversion. Here's the most important stats so far effected by our CK nations. Pay attention to income, manpower, and the CoTs. The rest of the info on the first two pics is largely irrelevant.

Converted%20Income.gif

Converted%20National%20Manpower.gif

Converted%20COTs.gif

Oddman's MP is bloated by the fact that he is the HRE in this conversion.

And yes, the differences between Croatia and Bulgaria are obviously so small that skill is irrelevant. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Could Foels possibly grace us with his stab-3, no wars version of the above?

That is that version. I'm reasonably convinced that the stab portion of the income screen is simply bugged.

I think it's rather the AI who makes stab reducing decisions.

Croatia is the new New Rome! They will rule the Levant and terrorize the Greek pretenders! All will bow before the mighty Croats and their middling manpower and income!

Unless Persia, Russia, Denmark, or Bohemia decide to fight Yoshi.

But that'll never happen.

Croatia is the new New Rome! They will rule the Levant and terrorize the Greek pretenders!

Heh :D

Although to be fair to KOM it doesn't really work that way. One wouldn't get to be the Roman Empire by conquering some ex-Roman land, any more than the Goths or Vandals did.

Heh :D

Although to be fair to KOM it doesn't really work that way. One wouldn't get to be the Roman Empire by conquering some ex-Roman land, any more than the Goths or Vandals did.

Ah, but it does work that way.

The Radomirs can trace their ancestry back to Constantine VIII. When the Komninids led their military coup in 1057, the Royal Family was banished. The branch now known as the Radomirs fled north into Romania, where they gained their distinctive name. After spending decades there, slowly returning to their old wealth, they were awarded countships and duchies in Croatia, eventually rising to the throne of that nation. It is from there that they plotted their centuries' old revenge on the reigning Bulgarian dynasty in Constantinople.

Time after time, however, they were rebuffed. So eventually, they turned away from the east and decided to participate in the tearing down of the rebuilt Western Empire. It had been built by Franks, the very people from Gaul Julius Caeser spent his entire life conquering. Now not only was the Eastern Empire an abomination of rebellion, but the Western Empire was a fraud as well.

A further century's worth of military reform was needed in order to break the Imperial troops. The always jihad-ready Muslims helped in quashing the peninsula.

Using the newly gained manpower from reclaimed parts of the Western Empire, the Radomirs were finally ready to head eastwards. In the end, it might've taken 290 years, but the Radomirs finally reclaimed the throne they had been banished from by the very Komninids that still rule Anatolia. It is merely this date that the Rebellion reached its forgone conclusion. A rebel, by definition, is one who rises against an established ruler. He is an outcast, an outlaw, an outlier. The Radomirs simply succeeded where Michael VI failed: In finally putting down the pesky rebellion.

I applaude that kind of gumption but...

Ah, but it does work that way.

The Radomirs can trace their ancestry back to Constantine VIII. When the Komninids led their military coup in 1057, the Royal Family was banished. The branch now known as the Radomirs fled north into Romania, where they gained their distinctive name. After spending decades there, slowly returning to their old wealth, they were awarded countships and duchies in Croatia, eventually rising to the throne of that nation. It is from there that they plotted their centuries' old revenge on the reigning Bulgarian dynasty in Constantinople.

Time after time, however, they were rebuffed. So eventually, they turned away from the east and decided to participate in the tearing down of the rebuilt Western Empire. It had been built by Franks, the very people from Gaul Julius Caeser spent his entire life conquering. Now not only was the Eastern Empire an abomination of rebellion, but the Western Empire was a fraud as well.

A further century's worth of military reform was needed in order to break the Imperial troops. The always jihad-ready Muslims helped in quashing the peninsula.

Using the newly gained manpower from reclaimed parts of the Western Empire, the Radomirs were finally ready to head eastwards. In the end, it might've taken 290 years, but the Radomirs finally reclaimed the throne they had been banished from by the very Komninids that still rule Anatolia. It is merely this date that the Rebellion reached its forgone conclusion. A rebel, by definition, is one who rises against an established ruler. He is an outcast, an outlaw, an outlier. The Radomirs simply succeeded where Michael VI failed: In finally putting down the pesky rebellion.

You Fail History Forever.

Last edited:
You Fail History Forever.

You question the Radomir version of history? Next you will tell us Illyrians =/= Croatians.

OOC, I'm a bit confused here with what is real history, what is ingame history, and what is ingame propaganda. You refer to a 1057 coup by the Komnenoi; but in 1066 there is a Dukas on the throne. (And anyway I gained the Byz throne by legitimate semisalic inheritance, not war.) Were there shenanigans just before game start in RL?

If that is the only problem you had with that, I will take it as a compliment.

However, what is wrong with that part anyway? I know I'm not stating a wrong fact, so what is it?

The Franks were a germanic tribe originating in what is now southern Germany by unifying several smaller tribes sometime in the 3rd Century a.D.

Julius Caesar lived in the 1st Century BC.

OOC, I'm a bit confused here with what is real history, what is ingame history, and what is ingame propaganda.

Good.

You refer to a 1057 coup by the Komnenoi; but in 1066 there is a Dukas on the throne. (And anyway I gained the Byz throne by legitimate semisalic inheritance, not war.) Were there shenanigans just before game start in RL?

Two excerpts that I'm surprised you're not aware of:

Isaac I Komnenos (or Comnenus) (Greek: Ισαάκιος A' Κομνηνός, Isaakios I Komnēnos) (c. 1007[1] – 1061) was Byzantine Emperor from 1057 to 1059, and the first reigning member of the Komnenos dynasty. His brief reign saw an attempt to restore the Byzantine Empire’s military capability and reputation.

During the disturbed reigns of Basil's seven immediate successors, Isaac by his prudent conduct won the confidence of the army. From 1042 to 1057, he served as commander of the field army in Anatolia. In 1057, after being humiliated by the Emperor Michael VI,[4] he rebelled in Paphlagonia, and joined with the nobles of the capital in a conspiracy against Michael VI.[5] Proclaimed emperor by the army on June 8, 1057, he defeated an imperial army at the Battle of Hades.[6] A panicked Michael VI attempted to negotiate with the rebels through the famous courtier Michael Psellos, offering to adopt Isaac as his son and to grant him the title of kaisar (Caesar),[7] but his proposals were publicly rejected. Privately Isaac showed himself more open to negotiation, and he was promised the status of co-emperor. However, during the course of these secret negotiations, a riot in favor of Isaac broke out in Constantinople.[7] With Michael VI’s deposition, Patriarch Michael Keroularios crowned Isaac I emperor on September 1, 1057,[1] taking much of the credit for Isaac's acceptance as monarch.[8] His coronation marks the founding of the new dynasty of the Komnenoi.

Komnenoi historically came back to the throne in 1081 after they led yet another rebellion against the reigning emperor.

The Franks were a germanic tribe originating in what is now southern Germany by unifying several smaller tribes sometime in the 3rd Century a.D.

Julius Caesar lived in the 1st Century BC.

The group that unified and called themselves the Franks in CotF originated in South France and were led by the de Toulouses, and I realize that it was a millennium between Caeser and Fasquardon's conquests.

So now we have one player who holds Constantinople, one who holds an actual Imperial title, and one player who holds Rome and an Imperial title. Who is the most rightful Rome? Hm. Hm.

(one might note one of those players also holds 4/5 Patriarchates and the Papal crown... :D)

So now we have one player who holds Constantinople, one who holds an actual Imperial title, and one player who holds Rome and an Imperial title. Who is the most rightful Rome? Hm. Hm.

(one might note one of those players also holds 4/5 Patriarchates and the Papal crown... :D)

You have no connection to the true emperors.