• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I must say this seems like a rather dishonorable way to treat your allies.

Haw! Shall I show you his post-war plans for his Croatian "allies"?

Especially allies who helped you in your own most recent war.

....I'm not sure when the last time he helped me was. He yoinked some of the Italian partition that OY wanted, but I don't think that counts as helping.

Allies? No. Military business partners, yes. KoM does not trade in loyalty, only in real-politik, and was in fact plotting against me up until the moment I offered him a better deal. All his other neighbours (OY,vR,Foels) he plotted simultaneously with and against, so I can then only presume in the same manner he also plotted against me during this time of cooperation. I fulfilled exactly my contractual obligations: keeping no less than 3 of the big boys out of his hair while he stabbed backs, I ask what more I could have done for him? And yes, I demanded my fair pay. The fact that he fell in his own snakepit is neither here nor there. Its just business, nothing personal.

If he wishes more heartfelt support, there is always conversion on the table. :D

....I'm not sure when the last time he helped me was. He yoinked some of the Italian partition that OY wanted, but I don't think that counts as helping.

I was thinking of the first war against Germany. The second doesn't really count, being against the AI.

Frankly, KOM should convert to ensure the support of the Caliphpope.
Then launch sweet sweet avengeful war upon the κακοι Ιλλυριοι.

(definition of κακος - βαρβαρος)
ΙθΙ ΒΑΣΙΛΕΟΝ ΡΟΜΑΙΟΝ!

His nation is split in two and he's poorer than me. The idea he could beat me in a 1 vs 1 is silly. Maybe if he had the strategic depth of Russia or Germany it would be different, but he doesn't. His position is no longer easily defensible.

He has the straits and a larger naval force limit, he can keep you out from Turkey (assuming his capital is there) and fight you in the Balkans at his leisure, he's also more blobified than you are so he will have a higher proportion of his income and manpower at the start readily available.

Your positions aren't so disproportionate that skill wouldn't be the deciding factor.

I was thinking of the first war against Germany.

Ah, yes. He spent that war fighting his own sideshow 1v1 with the Croats. I do not delude myself into thinking he did so out of loyalty, and since I receive no loyalty from him he does not recieve any in return. All strictly business.

He has the straits and a larger naval force limit, he can keep you out from Turkey (assuming his capital is there) and fight you in the Balkans at his leisure

I somehow doubt hiding behind the straits is the optimum way of regaining the City...

He has the straits and a larger naval force limit, he can keep you out from Turkey (assuming his capital is there) and fight you in the Balkans at his leisure, he's also more blobified than you are so he will have a higher proportion of his income and manpower at the start readily available.

Blobbification is based on demesne, and I have more demesne than he does. Thus I start with more EU3 provinces. We are also not Ming, and thus we can build past our naval force limits. And this isn't even mentioning the fact that I can get to Turkey the long way.

Your positions aren't so disproportionate that skill wouldn't be the deciding factor.

This may well be true, but why do you think I have any skill at EU3? You should please notice that I'm not actually any good at these games. I play one MP session of four hours a week; that's not a whole lot of practice! I'm just persistent, that's all. I have visibility far beyond my actual skill level because I post a lot, I write an AAR every week, I'm the GM, and I'm the only player to have been in the whole arc of both previous megacampaigns. None of this indicates actual skill on my part, just persistence.

This may well be true, but why do you think I have any skill at EU3? You should please notice that I'm not actually any good at these games. I play one MP session of four hours a week; that's not a whole lot of practice! I'm just persistent, that's all. I have visibility far beyond my actual skill level because I post a lot, I write an AAR every week, I'm the GM, and I'm the only player to have been in the whole arc of both previous megacampaigns. None of this indicates actual skill on my part, just persistence.

If I may point out KoM, Persistence is a skill all on it's own. I do hope you regain the City although even if you do I'm not sure the Empire can really become a world power, you're kinda locked in the East Med surrounded by monsters (and Croatia). Still, best of luck man.

I've always said that winning and loosing are skills of them own, And of all the people I've played, its suprising that one of the better loosers are Blayne, and better winners were Fasquardon, but only one who mastered both is King of Men.

Nonetheless, the grudge from my end is gone. I have the city. I've completed the one goal I've been after since joining the game. I"m happy to just sit here for 40 years until we convert to a game that makes sense.

It hurts me you dont like CK Yoshi. :(

As for KoM, one of the best things about playing against him is he doesnt let the possibility of him beiong hurt stop him from trying things. I have played with a lot of people that will gladly sit and not war with any human. Thats not KoM.

Although, I think the most restrained individual this game so far is vR. If he really wanted to be nasty with that early dominance he could have.

It seems to me that both OY and KoM are screwed in the long run anyway, what with them being squished between superpowers with no lanes of expansion but each other. Maybe one of them will use the building system to their advantage, and overpower one of their neighbors during a crisis. But I find that unlikely. I think the most likely thing to happen is KoM gets partitioned by OY and someone else and Croatia becomes the new Prussia. Just a buffer between Russia and Bavaria, forever consigned to the fate of being annexed in HoI.

Last edited:
It seems to me that both OY and KoM are screwed in the long run anyway.

Just a buffer between Russia and Bavaria, forever consigned to the fate of being annexed in HoI.

al-Andalus started a piddly duchy squished between a Western Empire stretching from Morocco to Berlin and a Fatimid Caliphate straddling continents. Hopelessly outnumbered and poor, doomed to either partition or life as a sliver of a bufferstate between Empires.

Where is that Western Empire now? Where is al-Andalus? Don't be so quick to judge the fate of nations based on wealth and power, the quill is and remains far mightier than any sword or coin.

Last edited:
al-Andalus started a piddly duchy squished between a Western Empire stretching from Morocco to Berlin and a Fatimid Caliphate straddling continents. Where is al-Andalus now?

Only slightly bigger, and now stuck between three superpowers instead of two: Dônmark, the Fatimids and Bavaria :D (all of which are, for the moment, more powerful than I am - serves me right for having wonky internets and needing incapable subs). On the whole, the percentage of friendly neighbours has gone from 50% to 33% :rolleyes:

And finally Karma reached King of Men....

KoM you deserved this backstab and you know that you did.

My only regret is that i wasn't part of this brilliant back stab.

On the whole, the percentage of friendly neighbours has gone from 50% to 33% :rolleyes:

Only because you annexed the ones inbetween. ;)

Although, I think the most restrained individual this game so far is vR. If he really wanted to be nasty with that early dominance he could have
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

oh dear I almost choked reading this...:rolleyes:

al-Andalus started a piddly duchy squished between a Western Empire stretching from Morocco to Berlin and a Fatimid Caliphate straddling continents. Hopelessly outnumbered and poor, doomed to either partition or life as a sliver of a bufferstate between Empires.

Indeed, if one has great apetites for unfairly gangbangs, he most likely score out something in long play unless he is really incompetent player.

Only slightly bigger, and now stuck between three superpowers instead of two: Dônmark, the Fatimids and Bavaria

Of those only the Dôn's aren't feeding from your hand like castrated blind lambs, and in good day, Al-andalucia has larger MP than Denmark, and all of it in handy big blob... so why I am smelling the all too familiar odor of crocodile tears here :D

Last edited:
I think the most likely thing to happen is KoM gets partitioned by OY and someone else and Croatia becomes the new Prussia. Just a buffer between Russia and Bavaria, forever consigned to the fate of being annexed in HoI.

And the nations on both sides of the buffer like me. That just means I've got 700 years of secure borders to make my position a little better for HoI.

I hear China is good next century...