• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Powerhungry" is such a coarse and vulgar term anyway.

I prefer "deep seated psychological issues and a need to express dominance through internet games"

I prefer "deep seated psychological issues and a need to express dominance through internet games"

Ah yes, the well-described Paradox complex, often associated with abnormal memory for historical facts, a deep urge to plot against everyone and a sense that whichever country you are now playing is deeply connected to you.

Session 36, yr 1350: In which there is plague and inheritance!

session36.jpg

The session begins with plots, counter-plots and high tensions rife through the Balkans, the East and across the British Channel!

The experiments of the Dread Abbasid Necromancers go awry, and a great Plague is unleashed upon the world! Reaches almost to the Atlantic by session end!

Everybody loses track of who was plotting against whom, and who they were plotting against themselves, so nothing comes of it!

French Ireland is vassalized by Danes, stubbornly stick to old ways of Crom!

Bavaria and Andalus agree on Seine river as border!

Sneaky Byzantines inherit Istria! Sabres are rattled all around!

The west seems yet again to be quiet and peaceful, apart from quibbling over French king-titles between Andalus and Danes. The East meanwhile is swirling with conspiracy yet again!

Only 49 years remain until conversion!

Last edited:
could the ireland to be colored on my color and only presented as vassal with addition of its name? That way its best showing the blobs...

could the ireland to be colored on my color and only presented as vassal with addition of its name? That way its best showing the blobs...

Because some people suspect Ike is not entirely subservient to your will? :p

And it's already blue, no?

Last edited:
Go East and True Rome! Down with the evil Grannies! The plague is proof that God wishes the last true Romans to rule!

Also, I wonder when Al-Andalus is going to break off on its own and there will be a glorious 3 way battle between the 3 Islamic powers!

Go East and True Rome! Down with the evil Grannies! The plague is proof that God wishes the last true Romans to rule!

Also, I wonder when Al-Andalus is going to break off on its own and there will be a glorious 3 way battle between the 3 Islamic powers!

The East and Rome are opposed to each other, you can't root for both! And the Plague strook Rome first after Persia. ;)

And it's not like al-Andalus is under my opressive thumb or anything, why would we fight each other?

Why would you fight?
Why would the lion hunt?
Why would the goat graze?
Why would the eagle fly?
It is in the very nature of this 1000 year conflict for you to fight.

Why would the lion hunt?

It is generally a recognized Darwinian principle that hunting the other members of your own pride is inadvisable in the long term. In a scant few sessions we shall reach a new savannah filled to the brim with game, how will we hunt it if we have clawed each other bleeding on our journey there?

Last edited:

No let it stay blue because it is a player nation thus it needs it's own blue color. If it is colored with other blues than the blue it has Crom shall send more plague.

While some coordination in foreign policy is undeniable, Al-Andalus forges its own path, but will always keep a candle burning for its protectors in a time of need.

That said, cooperation is prudent as well as pleasant: our spheres of interest are clearly delineated, and we are very much more valuable to each other as allies than as targets.

Also, be aware that the Fatimids are currently the Imperial Caliphapope, supreme power in matters spiritual for everyone but the Rus and the Romans.

EDIT: Cue Ike mentioning Crom. Sorry, Ike.

The power spheres, with some changes, are largely similar to those at the beginning of TWBW.

The Donmark is obviously the Ynglings, al-Andalus is Brittany (sans African land), Rome is Byzantium, Persia is Georgia, Russia (which needs to take Persian/Don/Croat land to once again become All the Russias) is Russia, Croatia is what was Prussia, and the Fatimids are the one wrench in the equation.

While some coordination in foreign policy is undeniable, Al-Andalus forges its own path, but will always keep a candle burning for its protectors in a time of need.

That said, cooperation is prudent as well as pleasant: our spheres of interest are clearly delineated, and we are very much more valuable to each other as allies than as targets.

Also, be aware that the Fatimids are currently the Imperial Caliphapope, supreme power in matters spiritual for everyone but the Rus and the Romans.

EDIT: Cue Ike mentioning Crom. Sorry, Ike.

No muslim will ever be the supreme power of spiritual matters over the free people of Ireland. Only Crom is above us and none else. He only commands our spiritual matters. No matter what some false muslim pope says. Death to false muslim Pope!

The power spheres, with some changes, are largely similar to those at the beginning of TWBW.

The Donmark is obviously the Ynglings, al-Andalus is Brittany (sans African land), Rome is Byzantium, Persia is Georgia, Russia (which needs to take Persian/Don/Croat land to once again become All the Russias) is Russia, Croatia is what was Prussia, and the Fatimids are the one wrench in the equation.

The power blocks seems to have envolped differently this time... The Al-andalucia- egypt alliance ("but we have no alliance!" ) seems to have taken place of the old TWBW HRE alliance-to-annoy part, there isen't any true Roman Commonwealth/Samoyeds treaty eternall alliances in the the east. Only thing that counters the arabic alliance seems to be the loose NAP/DA with Denmark and Bavaria...

it appears that this game has managed to arrange more hostilities than the previos one, if sometimes these hostilities tends to go in circles and focus to the eastern part of the map.

Well, it's true that the East has seen more wars, but it seems to me that the Western wars have been more decisive. If you look at destroyed nations, Poland and Finland were both quite minor. On the other side of the map, South Germany was a power of the first rank, and France, while not a major, was certainly more powerful than the likes of Poland. And the West also used to have Wales. Borders have moved in the east, alliances have shifted, power levels have changed; but no major nation has been wiped off the map.

I can't help but notice that all destroyed nations have either been controlled by a Finn or a sub.

EDIT: Scratch that. All destroyed nations have either been controlled by a Finn or a girl. Eww cooties.

Last edited:
I can't help but notice that all destroyed nations have either been controlled by a Finn or a sub.

EDIT: Scratch that. All destroyed nations have either been controlled by a Finn or a girl. Eww cooties.

Actually I have a good hunch that Golle is a boy =D

well Finland was not destructed per se, but merged into Denmark... I took my dirty rags whit me! And they said: "throw em' away, its unfair!" ...and I fetch em' back next day ;)

and yes I am a boy...