• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It was the year 1328 when the treacherous Dônmark assaulted the Frankish lands of Cornwall. The Döns had thought that the Children of Crom wouldn't give them an good opponent but High King Thurcytel de Flandre, King of Loire, King of Normandie and King of both Gaelic and Frankish people proved the Dôns beliefs wrong. He raised the Children of Crom to fight against this invading horde and set sail to Cornwall to help his brethren there. The armies of Cornwall had fought well even though they had had to retreat few times but after every retreat they had attacked again and forced the Dôns to retreat. When the High King arrived with the main land armies as well as Irish reinforcements the tide was turned, the Franco-Gaelic armies quickly gained the upper hand and pushed the Dôns back beyond the border. A small expedition was launched at Kent and soon the city fell to the Franks. Thurcytel had no intentions to claim land from the Dôns but to reach an agreement with them about the Cornish borders.

This is the pipe-dream version of things? The Danish invasion was never pushed back and despite you won few battles, the steady rolling Cornwall sieging was never interupted by your troops.

This is the pipe-dream version of things? The Danish invasion was never pushed back and despite you won few battles, the steady rolling Cornwall sieging was never interupted by your troops.

You only got the steady siege phase after Andalus and Bavaria had attacked, so be silent.

I started sieging from day one. Only place where I suffered defeats were actually on my own land, and around Kent when you piled huge army to siege it (not knowing that it was also set up as landing zone for the Royal household host from Denmark proper)

I started sieging from day one. Only place where I suffered defeats were actually on my own land, and around Kent when you piled huge army to siege it (not knowing that it was also set up as landing zone for the Royal household host from Denmark proper)

Vuodatit veren sä viattoman luona Cromin alttarin
Vieläkö tään lapsen taakakses saat luona Cromin alttarin
Valhein vältellä voit tunnon tuskia, sanot ettet sä tuskia saa
Vaan et saa sinä rauhaa, kun katseella seuraa sua ain, seuraa sua aina Crom

Yeah what ever you say Golle =D

what ever I say...means the truth!

Kjiitosh Hearrhan, Halleluyah!!

No, in my stone castles in the isles...

Well i wouldn't call them stone castles

400px-StickHouse.jpg

Because that is a clearly a Dôn made stick house =D

well Dôn herself, as she is, the Queen of fairies migth actually live in hut like that...but the Kings and princes of the dynasty will naturally dwell in large stone forts with walls and citadels, both in their physical presense, and with their ambitions and dreams.

The Fatimid Caliphate: A new Caliphate pt.1

islamy.jpg

The beginning of the 14th century had marked the beginning of a new surge of Islamic expansion, the bastions of Christianity had fallen one by one with a speed that gave much credence to bearded men standing in town squares howling about the end of the world and Armageddon. The relative stability within the Moslem world that followed the Peace at Jerusalem, as well as the competence with which the Iberian heresies were handled, gave stark contrast to the feudal upheaval of West Rome and outright Pagan worship that swept France.

In this there is also an interesting difference in how the conquests and occupations of Italy and France were handled. In France the pervasive Averronian philosophy of governance meant Christians were in fact more free to practice their religion than they had been under the pagan oppression of their old Flemish kings. Lands previously taken at whim by the crown were handed out to their old holders, and many harsh war taxes prematurely abolished. This hands-off approach bound both clergy, people and nobles in debt of gratitude to Cordoba, giving the Sultan a broad base of support and a reasonably legitimacy to the claim of having "liberated" the French from Pagan oppression. But to be fair it is not hard to look good when your predecessor had a thing for virgin sacrifice and burning holy places.

In Italy things did not go quite as smoothly. Not long after the fall of Firenze the Fatimid court concluded that unless it wished for Italy to be the same hotbed of feudalism and independent minded citystates that had led to the downfall of the Toulousian emperors it would be necessary to remove all levels of the old leadership. It would also be vital to redistribute the base of power that had allowed the Guilds of Genoa and Pisa to independently equip a fleet capable of facing of against Caliphate naval assets outside Siracusa. Lastly there was need to tie the Averronian lands to Alexandria, lest the new majority of Christian subjects were to at some point in the future also come into the majority of real deciding power in al-Andalus and move it in a direction opposed to Alexandria.

The first thing the old Calipha Zeyd did after sending the heads of the last Emperor and Pope to receive the traditional spiking outside the Lighthouse-Palace of Pharos was to croak. This left his most trusted captain, the young Sabah of the 1st branch Fatimids, Emir al-Muminin of the Holy Land, as the new Calipha. Rash in youth and blunt from a life in the Sayyedi Guard his first decree was to issue what became to be known as the Sabahi Edict; "That no land, and no ship in these lands may be owned by any man who is not of the Fatimid line". A decree that went far and beyond that of his predecessor Afzal, the nobles and traders of Italy were unsurprisingly reluctant to give away their power and possessions. And so the peninsula was made subject to decades of scourging, resistance and lawlessness. But slowly and surely the Italians, who's young men had already been lost in the decades of war with the Saracens, were brought into line with fire and sword. The Fatimid bloodlines meanwhile jockeyed for favour from Alexandria to have their preferred candidates receive the spoils, blissfully unaware of coming reforms..

Whew. So I lost three kings this session; one to assassins, one to old age (the first emperor in five generations to die of natural causes), and one to the plague. We reached 1350. I inherited large tracts of land near Venice; OrangeYoshi is displeased. And his ruler is diseased.

god dammit the plague!! Who send it? Where did it came from...who shall we blame!!

god dammit the plague!! Who send it? Where did it came from...who shall we blame!!

You can blame no one else but yourselves! You did wrong against the Children of Crom and now Crom is punishing you with this plague (bla-ne-ye). Reprent now and save yourselves from certain dead!

Thus saith Crom:
Since you refuse to free my people
All through the land of France...

I send a pestilence and plague
Into your house, into your bed
Into your streams, into your streets
Into your drink, into your bread
Upon your cattle, on your sheep
Upon your oxen in your field
Into your dreams, into your sleep
Until you break, until you yield
I send the swarm, I send the horde
Thus saith Crom.

Fatimid intelligence reports this pestilence is a weapons test by the Dread Persian Necromancers gone awry! We demand the Mad Arab to be extradited to face charges for this atrocity!

I am sure Foels is just waiting for you to press this. He probably thinks he needs new lands. :)

After all, Foels is a powermonger.

Nono, were allies and friends! Yes we have disagreements on policy towards the Greeks, but its nothing we can't compromise on.

Foels PM said:
Then I will have to destroy you. You decide.

A minor lovers spat, I assure you. :D

Fatimid intelligence reports this pestilence is a weapons test by the Dread Persian Necromancers gone awry! We demand the Mad Arab to be extradited to face charges for this atrocity!

On the contrary, the Mad Arab has unearthed conclusive evidence proving that it is divine vengeance upon the world after Fatimid soldiers burned down God's favorite Tuscan vacation resort.*

*dug up the first plague victim and asked him.

Dread Persian Necromancers have unearthed conclusive evidence proving that it is dvine vengeance upon the world for Fatimid soldiers burning down God's favorite vacation resort in Tuscany.

We obviously didn't burn the summer palaces, put a few decorative heads on pikes outside sure, but mostly it was just confiscations of gold/ships/lands/wenches. Pillaging =/= burning. ;)