• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmmm...

That said, pluralist Iberia supports the Caliphapope! Even the Jews and Pagans appreciate Imperial Caliphapope support.

As far as i know the Free People's Republic of Eire is the only pagan country and we haven't said anything about supporting any Caliph. We only believe in Crom and only Crom we trust. We are the children of Crom!
The_leader_of_the_Knights_Who_Say_Ni.jpg

Song of Crom said:
On rankkaa jumaluus, meille pesti ihan uus
Sua palvotaan, vaik nolla oletkin
Uhrilahjat sulle luodaan, virret kirjoitetaan
Sulle sankarlaulut suodaan
Riemuveisut veisataan
Siis en kai voisi kieltää,
jos mut idolikseen mieltää
jospa sittenkin ne tietäis paremmin!

13thwar2.jpg

Great Chant of Crom said:
Crom, Jumalain, etkö kuule itkuain
Pelastaa voisit meidät
Siis johdata!
Kuule meitä johdata!
Muista meidät herramme kun täällä raadamme
Siis johdata!
Lupausten maahan vie
Siis johdata maahan luvattuun

I have determined that Foels is the greatest evil in the game and must be destroyed!!

Nah, he is just a kitten who needs some love.

But the real enemy is Al-Andalus! They must be exhausted! Exterminated! And destroyed! Nous ne sommes pas sûr jusqu'à ce qu'il soit mort, il va venir nous guette dans la nuit, Set de sacrifier nos enfants à son appétit monstrueux. Il va faire des ravages sur notre village si nous le laisser errer librement. Il est donc temps de prendre des mesures, les garçons!
liamshouting.291141639_std.jpg

Last edited:
I have determined that Foels is the greatest evil in the game and must be destroyed!!

Just how many cities must I burn before I get some credentials here? Italy has been on fire for the better part of 3 decades! Not to mention my running the Greeks out of Sicily/Crete/Cyprus/Rhodes/Syria, or my hunting down of every last Nubian! :(

urquan-complex.gif

Although you consider us the enemy, these conclusions are flawed. We are your salvation.
We bring you peace
a peace built upon OUR social framework imposed upon your country
a new world order in which your prosperity and security are assured by the Persians.
We will protect you from the hazards of this hostile world, from dangers so hideous
your simple minds cannot imagine their dark scope.
Today, we are the enemy. In time, this will change.
Soon, you will come to understand the boon of slavery we force upon you
and then, you will revere and even love us for this gift.​

I for once welcome our new persian overlords...

Yeah, like hell I will...aren't we not the Vikingdôns? :D

I for once welcome our new persian overlords...

Yeah, like hell I will...aren't we not the Vikingdôns? :D

You are doing it wrong! You should say you welcome your new Pagan overlords...the Chidlren of Crom.

In Pictures - Conquests of the Last 25 Years

The story of the last quarter-century's wars highlighted in the most striking AARt, both contemporary images and the works of subsequent generations looking back to the dramatic events of the fourteenth century.

1. Roman Conquest of the Crimea.

powsm.jpg

Contemporary mural depicting a Roman-Cossack cavalry skirmish either during or prior to the war against Russia. Here a mob of Cossacks pursues a pair of Roman allied cavalrymen.

Battle_final.png

A map depicting the crushing Roman victory over the Cossacks, taken from a later Roman military manual. The scale of their defeat led the Cossacks to surrender to the Roman Empire.

Oboz_Zaporozcow.jpg

The Cossack Migration (later painting) - Emperor Konstantinos relocated the Cossacks to different parts of his empire to prevent them from revolting - a tactic the Roman and Persian Empires often used to deal with troublesome minorities or to bolster depopulated areas.

Andalusian Conquest of France:

Battle%20of%20Tours.png

The Second Battle of Tours (later painting) - Andalusian and French soldiers fight in southern France. The battle opened with a feigned Andalusian retreat (shown) but when French soldiers broke ranks to pursue the Spanish, the Sultan led a devastating counterattack on the disordered French army.

Giovanni_di_Paolo_St._Thomas_Aquinas_Confounding_Averro%C3%ABs.JPG

The Spanish faced the same problems as the Romans in integrating different cultures and religions into their empire. The Andalusian solution was to officially tolerate minority religons and cultures and treat them as full partners in the Andalusian realm, a policy which attempted to channel the religious differences of Christians and Muslims into debate rather than warfare.

E6LDG00Z.jpg

The conquest of France has led to harsh diplomatic exchanges between the Andalusian and Danish realms, however, and the peasants on both sides of the English Channel look anxiously across the water, wondering if their rulers will resolve their differences or if enemy sails may soon be seen on the horizon.

[Parts 3 and 4, Egyptian and Persian conquests, upcoming]

3. The Egyptian Conquest of Italy

A_001_Lepanto01.jpg

Battle of the Tyrrhenian Sea (15th century painting) - Massive naval battles preceded the Fatimid landing in Italy proper. In the Battle of the Tyrrhenian Sea, the Fatimid fleets defeated a West Roman attempt to protect the naval approaches to the city of Rome.

000810211.jpg

Fatimid armies occupied much of Italy in the first Italian wars and looted many of its greatest cities. Here, Fatimid soldiers sack Rome in a 15th-century Italian engraving.

zpage446.gif

Although they did not stay at first, Fatimid armies shortly returned to permanently claim Rome, and much of Italy, from the weakened Western Empire, and set about a twenty-year campaign of looting the great cities of Italy. Depicted here is the second sack of Rome in a late, 17th-century German work.

christianmassacre_jpg_scaled_500.jpg

The Fatimids adopted yet a third policy towards minorities - while the Greeks relocated and the Andalusians integrated, the Fatimid policy was forced conversion and Arabicization, enforced by the massacre of those who resisted. The killings in Italy created a deep impression on Christian art in the rest of Western Europe, where artists found it harder to ignore events in nearby Italy than it had been when similar campaigns occurred in the Greek islands or Nubia, and there are many contemporary pieces like the above Croatian mural depicting the Martyrs of Firenze.

4. Persian Conquest of the Steppes

Unfortunately very little art survives from this area and time period, and what has survived is often confusing and difficult to explain. In order to reconstruct the experience, modern artists have instead created an image based on survivors' accounts of the Persian army:

MM35_PG265.jpg

Last edited:
cossacks defeated by Byzantion
Obviously just cheap Greek propaganda!

Or ingenious Russian master-plan to infiltrate the Roman army with loyal Cossacks?

the Fatimid policy was forced conversion and Arabicization

:D

Why oh why is there no pillage button in the other Paradox games? Alls I get is one to scorch my own land in EU3. :(

But the real enemy is Al-Andalus! They must be exhausted! Exterminated! And destroyed!

I thought you were going to spend the rest of your days consolidating Ireland under your pagan faith in Crom and making bad accented music?

Last edited:
Treaty of Munster

By the grace of God and will of St. Patric, St. Valta Dôn of Northern Lands and Ireland,
the King Eadbert de Flandre and King Väinö I of the house of Dôn will agree over the restoration of
Christian faith in the emerald isles and for the future of peace and harmony on earth, that:

Eadbert will aknowlidge King Väinä I as the King of Neustria and Loire and become vassal of
Denmark as Duke of All Ireland. King Väinö aknowlidges Eadbert as lawfull ruler of Ulster.

The House of Flandre shall also be babtised in most holiest fashion to the true faith​

Signed by King Väinö I Dôn

Treaty of Munster

By the grace of God and will of St. Patric, St. Valta Dôn of Northern Lands and Ireland,
the King Eadbert de Flandre and King Väinö I of the house of Dôn will agree over the restoration of
Christian faith in the emerald isles and for the future of peace and harmony on earth, that:

Eadbert will aknowlidge King Väinä I as the King of Neustria and Loire and become vassal of
Denmark as Duke of All Ireland. King Väinö aknowlidges Eadbert as lawfull ruler of Ulster.

The House of Flandre shall also be babtised in most holiest fashion to the true faith​

Signed by King Väinö I Dôn

Signed by King of All Franks, King of Gaelic People, King of Loire and Normandie His Highness King Eadbert de Flandre

The House of Flandre shall also be babtised in most holiest fashion to the true faith infideldom

No more songs to Crom :(

[video=youtube;OBGOQ7SsJrw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw[/video]

There will allways be songs for Crom and of Crom! Crom never dies!

There will always be a spot for Crom-worshipers in the mighty secular nation of Al-Andalus!

(Evil overlords, please contact our legal department for details. The government of Al-Andalus cannot be held responsible for the faiths of its citizens. Liability for damages incurred due to slain necromancers, doomsnakes and wizards lies with the specific citizen in question, not with the government.)

Treaty of Chalons

The sovereign and respectively "Too Weird To Live, Too Rare to Die" and "In Possession Of Massive Hordes of Angry Germans" rulers of the nations of Al-Andalus and Bavaria agree to the following:

* Al-Andalus will cede the following provinces: 95, 96, 97, 98, 136, 240 (27 base tax); as illustrated:
1336tofiv.png

* Bavaria to pay for the transfer (12k), and solemnly to promise to play nice;
* A Non-Aggression Pact and Defensive Alliance with all the trimmings (no vassal sniping, return of inheritances), renewable every 20 years (default is renewal).

Signed, Al-Andalus

"A Non-Aggression Pact and Defensive Alliance with all the trimmings (no vassal sniping, return of inheritances), renewable every 20 years (default is renewal)."

what is the game mechanic effect of breaking that?