• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here's the problem with the human BB theory: Oddman gains basically none due to this.

He has three natural borders; No one can touch him.

He is thus-far eternal allies with one of the top-tier nations in the game.

His latest expansion ensures that 1) He's far too large to take down (Harder than Russia because he has more provinces) and 2) Bavaria would have a very, very hard time of it even with allies if our recent instability continues.

He might gain some human BB in the short term, but when the time comes that anyone can either actually do anything or care enough about his power to do anything, this entire happening will be long forgotten.

Do I like the fact that Ike got annexed out of the blue? No. Do I care enough about it to do anything or to effect my relations with any of the three parties? No.

All Oddman has to do is stop talking about it, get a NAP with Bavaria and Golle, and the entire issue will go away.

Here's the problem with the human BB theory: Oddman gains basically none due to this.

I think it follows excellently the human BB theory. It is not based on conquest, or power, but rather on perceived threat. If Oddmans neighbours do not perceive him as a threat, then he gets no BB despite conquering all of France. Compare this to vR who managed to rack up infamy sitting around doing nothing, because he was perceived as a threat come EU3...

Compare this to vR who managed to rack up infamy sitting around doing nothing, because he was perceived as a threat come EU3...

I'll be back!

Regarding France: I'm Russia, so I could not care less. I'll be careful dealing with certain people, though. Ever since the Imperial partition I hear this "I only want Iberia! Promise!" when I think of Al-Andalus. :D

my theory of human BB is simple, if someone pisses me off mortally, he founds soon that he had left the game entierly for some odd reason :D

Well these events are interesting, their ramifications for EU3 will be great speculationage.

I'll be back!

Regarding France: I'm Russia, so I could not care less. I'll be careful dealing with certain people, though. Ever since the Imperial partition I hear this "I only want Iberia! Promise!" when I think of Al-Andalus. :D

I guess we'll never find out whether I meant it, as Jakalo never took me up on it, thus allowing me to unleash the power of Cuddly Averronism :D

Clearly are not familiar with the Al Ghafiqi interpretation of "Iberia" :D

When the Gaelic people of Ireland and the followers of Crom are done with him there will be no Iberia.

Thus saith the Lord
braveheart.jpg

hehehe, just thought about some OTL politicians that might start shouting at this point about 'the arabification of europe' :p

(also, I'm still following! yay. You're going strong, guys. good job!)

hehehe, just thought about some OTL politicians that might start shouting at this point about 'the arabification of europe'

I doubt anybody is making Le Pen style accusations of creeping Islamization. Leaping and bounding perhaps, but not creeping. :D

Recently I started a test game with Ethiopia. Then there were seismic power changes in Europe with the Fatimids annexing most of Italy, so I started a second game Friday to better get an idea of how Ethiopia could compare to these new stronger Europeans. Then I come read the forums today.

Third time's the charm? :p Or next week will I come back to see Croatia stretching to the Atlantic?

Last edited:
Two points. One, I said Italy, not West Rome, which included lands outside Italy (such as the Iberian and French lands taken by Spain). It certainly appears from the map that the Fatimids hold the most territory in Italy of any of the partitioners. As such I do not think either "lies" or "slander" is applicable, nor did I have any intention of impugning the honor of the Caliph in saying so.

(incidentally though, wouldn't remarking on the successful and extensive nature of your recent conquests be a compliment, not a slander?)

Two, if West Rome was partitioned between five nations (Fatimids, Andalus, Bavaria, Croatia, East Rome), and you got roughly a third of the basetax, that would suggest you probably got the largest share.

Looking at the map Frozen put up, I have to say I wouldnt want to be Yoshi right about now. You look to be in a tough spot my friend.

Looking at that map, come EU3, the nations I would want to play are Al-Andalusia and Bavaria - those two are going to be unstoppable in EU3 unless they somehow change the basetax and manpower levels in the provinces....

Being big and unstoppable does not necessarily last for too long. Look at West Rome that stretched from Morocco to Berlin, where is it now? Or All the Russias which at one point extended further than pre-WWII Soviet, where are its glories? Being big is being a target, if diplomacy fails al-Andalus/Bavaria and they are brought low who will benefit without causing imbalance within the presumed coalition? The French and Croats.

Looking at the map Frozen put up, I have to say I wouldnt want to be Yoshi right about now. You look to be in a tough spot my friend.

Croatia may very well be the only country in the world who is a long-standing friend of both Bavaria and Al-Andalus.

Methinks the Dar al-Islam is too large. I want Rome to do really, really well now, because its quite frankly surrounded, especially if Russia seizes Transarmenia. Death to the Khalifa al-Fatimiyya! Death to All the Spains! Russia needs to eat Croatia and Germany needs to seize the Baltic coast!

Go Rome!