• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There's also a rule against taking primary titles from rulers with vassals. Maybe that's the one?

For players, Italy was ruled AI.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Session 34, yr 1327: In which the Western Empire is partitioned!

session34.jpg

Pope hides out at the Thames, calls for more Crusades on poor innocent Fatimids! Fatimids send Hassassins after Pope!

Ike takes over as player in Loire!

The Denmark-Finnland merger is ruled bad precedent and rolled back, vR returns to Russia!
Danes and Rus race to take over newly independent Finns! Rus recovers coastline!
Danes trade Berlin and Hamburg for Bavarian Baltic coast!

Persia and Rus peace at the Volga, sign NAP for rest of CK!

Andalus, Caliphate, Bavaria and Croatia conspire to partition Italy!
KoM finds out, deviously recruits wife to sub Italy!
Partition proceeds anyway, QoM surrenders!
Byzantion races to steal Croatian sphere of partition! Takes Ravenna!
Fatimids take the Imperial Crown! Realizes Imperial Purple goes well with Emerald Green!

Conversions show Bavarians are the new Mordor, ominous music plays when Fivoin enters room!
1328EU3Income.jpg

Conversions show Bavarians are the new Mordor, ominous music plays when Fivoin enters room!
1328EU3Income.jpg

For the uninitiated, some explanation re:EU3 incomes is appropriate.

First, which country is which?
Fatimids > Tunisia
Abbasids > Persia
Half the Russias > Russia
Loire > Mamluks
East Rome > Bulgaria
Bavaria > Bohemia
Al-Andalus > Galicia
Croatia > Croatia
Dônmark > Denmark

Then, the quoted table is the result of a conversion in 1328 when the converter is optimized for 1399. Additionally, the results are skewed, since the so-called 'blobified' save is used. You see, our lands do not convert over with vassals included; vassals become their own entity in EU3, dependent on a whole host of factors. In the actual conversion we're going to use, Bavaria/Bohemia is fractured to smeglets because of the thousand HRE minor tags available in the area.

In the unblobified save, this table looks thus:
unblobconvertincome1328.png

Looks much better, don't you think ^^?

Even here, some notes are in order. Loire/Mamluks, for instance, has a ruler of the wrong culture. Consequently, all Mamluk land is wrong culture. The Danish ruler is Orthodox; all Danish land is wrong religion. Most of my (Galicia) land is contiguous, in the same region as my capital; this boosts my income.

Looks much better, don't you think ^^?

Blobbified gives a better overview. Vassals fight as well you know. Just like we use total base tax in CK for power comparison even though most of it is in vassals.

And Bavaria still has twice my income!

Last edited:
How can KoM be so rich? All he holds is Anatolia and Greece!

* He is small, so already relatively blobified;
* All his land is contiguous;
* It's all Greek;
* All Orthodox,
* He starts out at war so the AI immediately institutes war taxes.

* He starts out at war so the AI immediately institutes war taxes.

Ach! Please edit out all wars and set stability to 3 for all countries before taking such screenies!

Why should this matter?

No pesky overseas penalty >:[

As an aside, I just realized the marmara counts as a land connection, so conceivably that little problem of mine could be taken care of. :D

Nay.

While there was some confusion immediately after I yoinked the title, no land I did not myself occupy ended up in my realm. The few vassals that followed the king title were treated as still AI and forcevassalized by the other players. The rule pohibits taking land others occupy, no such land ended up in my realm.

Not that rule. The rule Foels stated.

For players, Italy was ruled AI.

KoM stated that the rule exists for AI nations as well as player nations during the session.

KoM stated that the rule exists for AI nations as well as player nations during the session.

? I did not hear anything about that.

Rules said:
You cannot take another player's primary title in a war if that player has any vassals.

I did, but I shouldn't have. Checking the rules post again, it's clear that this applies only to players. Frosty still ought not to have peaced so that the Imperial vassals ended up in his realm, but as he points out, we simply considered them still part of the HRE and annexed accordingly.

I did, but I shouldn't have. Checking the rules post again, it's clear that this applies only to players. Frosty still ought not to have peaced so that the Imperial vassals ended up in his realm, but as he points out, we simply considered them still part of the HRE and annexed accordingly.

I'm not saying he did anything wrong, I'm just saying he did break that rule.

From this point on the Holy Land of Crom shall be the protector of Pope and the Papacy.

All hail Crom!

www.brickshelf.com_gallery_doc069_LOTR-Decals_rohan_v2.jpg_SPLASH.jpg

From this point on the Holy Land of Crom shall be the protector of Pope and the Papacy.

The French Pagans had better convince him of giving up on this "Crusade" business then! *Rattles sabres*

The French Pagans had better convince him of giving up on this "Crusade" business then! *Rattles sabres*

It's not our duty to determine what the Pope orders but it is our duty to protect his will and when the time comes inherit the Papacy and merge it in to one Gaelic Empire.

Are the Fatimids now #1? How standeth the basetax and relative MP etc?

Are the Fatimids now #1? How standeth the basetax and relative MP etc?

Persia and Bavaria are certainly up there to. As for myself I have suffered from 3 sessions at war with Italy followed by excommunication, succession chrisis, realm duress, and as a result field little over 300.000 :(

Considering you have no enemies left to threaten you, 300,000 isn't too bad, is it?

After the Waldemarite Pearl Harbour a while back, and having been KoM's neighbour for some time, I feel it prudent to always suspect everybody is plotting against me...