• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Come back when you own it!

Well I own It, and I got claims on most of the provinces+My king title is the King of Mercia title so...;)

Well I own It, and I got claims on most of the provinces+My king title is the King of Mercia title so...;)

The Danes own half of "your" kingdom, the rich half mind you, and you claim neither London nor Norfolk or York. Your king is a Frank from Wales ruling mostly Irish, you can't blame the poor Alexandrian map painters for just going with the one in the middle. ;)

The Danes own half of "your" kingdom, the rich half mind you, and you claim neither London nor Norfolk or York. Your king is a Frank from Wales ruling mostly Irish, you can't blame the poor Alexandrian map painters for just going with the one in the middle.

Theft doesen't own his loot.;)
Denmark will be reduced to its 1940's levels of willingly accepting foreing patronate eventually, If it has to take 600 years, then so be it.
I didn't survive the last GG by beeing easily forgiving and forgotting.

Its noted that the Sarseens are friends of good entertaiment;)

Theft doesen't own his loot.;)
I agree.
Thus you will never really own my English provinces, even if you should unlawfully seize them at one point.
Your claims on my part of England are mostly originating from real world Great Britain which does neither fit in the time period we´re playing nor in an alternative history scenario.
:cool:

When We started this gampaing, I stated that My starting ground is Britain. Wales is just the starting Dutchy, so yeah, you can repeat that if it makes you sleep your nigths well...
...and don't ever forget to watch your neighbours, as you know that every war you end up in the future, I'll be there to standing with your enemies.

Not one for KoMnenid subtlety of intrigue eh? ;)
Subtlety is not for nordic warriors like Golle and I. :D

Besides what point is there in disguising the facts ?
Wales + Ireland is not sufficient to sustain a nation that is not a punching ball of the other player kingdoms. Southern Scandinavia is also not sufficient to sustain a nation that is not a punching ball of the other player kingdoms.
We both chose England as area to expand, and before the nation not owning England does not acquire a considerable power base somewhere else there can not be real peace, only standdown of arms.

I didn't survive the last GG by beeing easily forgiving and forgotting.

A point of order: You didn't, in fact, survive the last Great Game at all. :)

highlander.jpg

The Calipha bets 1000 gold on the FrankoWelsh king of Ireland and some of Mercia!

The Calipha bets 1000 gold on the FrankoWelsh king of Ireland and some of Mercia!

Will that be a legal bet, to be payed by your nation to the nation who takes the bet, at the end of CK? ..and I understand you are betting on Golle to dominate the british isles? -ohh.. and I guess the two involved nations can't bet on themselves (or the other :D)

Will that be a legal bet, to be payed by your nation to the nation who takes the bet, at the end of CK? ..and I understand you are betting on Golle to dominate the british isles? -ohh.. and I guess the two involved nations can't bet on themselves (or the other :D)

To be placed in a pool, payed to the players who bet on the winning side of the conflict in proportion of their contribution to their side of the pool. Victory is defined as when one of the players completely owns the greater of the Briton isles. Mercia and Denmark may not participate in the pool, neither directly nor by proxy. Any other outsiders are of course welcome to 'manipulate' the outcome.:cool:

(Pool closed at start of sessions, the Caliphate gambling commission retains the right to ignore frivolous, non serious or manipulative bets)

Last edited:
So, since I haven't played CK, how much would 1000 gold be at end of game? how much would it convert to in next game? (that is EU3?)...So if all bet one just one side, everybody gets their own money back if they win..of course, since the bets are public, somebody might just bet one gold for the other side :D

To be placed in a pool, payed to the players who bet on the winning side of the conflict in proportion of their contribution to their side of the pool. Victory is defined as when one of the players completely owns the greater of the Briton isles. Mercia and Denmark may not participate in the pool, neither directly nor by proxy. Any other outsiders are of course welcome to 'manipulate' the outcome.:cool:

(Pool closed at start of sessions, the Caliphate gambling commission retains the right to ignore frivolous, non serious or manipulative bets)

The players involved should be allowed to bet on themselves, of cause they should not be allowed to bet on the other guy, but on themselves for sure.

So, since I haven't played CK, how much would 1000 gold be at end of game? how much would it convert to in next game? (that is EU3?)...

It is a decent sum now, if they drag on til the end of the game it will be trivial. But things can always be 'sped up' if they start dragging their feet, no? :D

So if all bet one just one side, everybody gets their own money back if they win..

Aye

of course, since the bets are public, somebody might just bet one gold for the other side :D

the Caliphate gambling commission retains the right to ignore frivolous, non serious or manipulative bets ;)

The players involved should be allowed to bet on themselves, of cause they should not be allowed to bet on the other guy, but on themselves for sure.

It's a deathmatch. If they loose they will be no more. If allowed to bet they will just bet the house since there is no risk of having to pay if you loose as you will have been effectively eliminated from the game anyways. ;)

A point of order: You didn't, in fact, survive the last Great Game at all.

I didn't, I died but was ressuerected and continued as a zombi and participating more than some non-dead-regular members:wacko:

...And The voice's of those undead echoing with the ghosts of Asghabat (the epic battle ground where Axis finaly fell): To the death.

I just wish I would be in same sort of fire on the diplomatic field that used to be back in the old days, now I just to put my fate on my sword:(

Last edited: