• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don’t think the new buildings changed much how tariffs are calculated except that there are other buildings than workshops that increase the base tax of a province which also needs to be taken into account in the formula.
Buildings and ideas that modifies local or global production (as Smithian Economics) modifies the production income and is calculated as tariffs in the end while +%modifiers to tax (as Bureaucracy) modifies the tax income of the province and is not taken as tariffs.
The tariff modifiers such as Viceroys are summed up in the “Modifers” part of the tariff equation. If the sum of those modifiers exceed 33,33% you gain more by having it oversea than if it wasn’t.
This is if it works as before, just new modifiers.

So it would be nice if any required edits to the German situation were specified with province IDs before tomorrow, and preferably with the victim confirming that he has agreed to that peace.

So it would be nice if any required edits to the German situation were specified with province IDs before tomorrow, and preferably with the victim confirming that he has agreed to that peace.

Imperial atlantic coast to oddman (149,150,151)
Toe of Italy back to empire (338)

I still don't know if Fivoin is giving back foggia (348)
If no, then we have exceeded our 1/4 peace by 2,75btx, in which case I guess we declare that the victor writes the math? :p

Look you, Jakalo's sub agreed to the terms; I would really rather strongly prefer that they be scrupulously adhered to, with no erring on the side of giving the victors more. Either have Fivoin confirm the return of Foggia, or find 3 basetax somewhere else.

I had a sarcastic smiley and everything! Make one joke about stealing Italy while Jakalo is away and everybody gets their panties in a twist :(

Also there was the surrendering of claims, which we can do later, or ingame if Jakalo wants to burn some bb.

The Caliphate noted the deep pockets of the Italian cities he sacked and will have its claims paid 50/50 :D

The peace:

italianpeace.jpg

Last edited:
Dream of Lifetime

Jakub had been told tales about how his ancestors once ruled vast amounts of land and ruled one of the most civilized empire of their time. He had lived all of his life in his Grandfathers county in Opava, which had been ruled by the Tilius dynasty since their Empire had seized to exists. His grandfather had always told him that one day he would rule a land as big as his ancestors had and be part of an empire far greater than his ancestors. Jakub's father on the other hand didn't share his fathers ideas about an new Tilius Empire and instead he wanted Jabuk to become a skilled general who would one day take up his position as the Marshall of the county and perhaps one day rule the county. So Jakub trained hard every day to become what his father wanted him to become, to become a great warrior who could wield every weapon mankind had invented and who could lead armies thousands strong into glory and victory. But most of all Jakub wanted to become a man who could be able to rule an Empire. After the days training had been done he would often sneak in to his grandfathers palace to read about the history of his people and study political matters. He read about stories how his ancestors defended their lands to the last drop of blood against the invading armies of barbarians and hyenas. How his ancestors rebuild the Empire after it had been destroyed by the vikings and by themselves.

So the years passed and Jakub continued to train in the arts of warfare and he became very skilled in it. He still did sneak in his grandfathers library in the castle to read about his ancestors over and over again and every time he learned something new. Soon he become interested in foreign nations and started to read about the Barbaric people that lived in Mordor, the traitorous Byzantion, opportunistic Germans, Romans that lived in a country shaped like a boot (later revealed to be a fact by Tilius astronauts in 1899), about Neustrian flaunders, inbred Welshmen who had been expelled from their land to live in a could land in the north called Vanaja, about dirty infidels that habited most of the known world and the Holy Land and the evilest of them all the hyenas in Croatia who now ruled most of the land once ruled by the Tilius people. When Jakub turned eighteen his father passed away and Jakub was in charge of his own house hold and started to serve under his grandfather as his Marshall. Years passed and the grandfather lived on. Jakub grew tireless he wanted to take revenge against the Croats but his grandfather was against this. Few years later Jakub married Metta Don from Finland and was introduced to her family. Jakub soon learned that the Don family could provide him with the land he so much wanted and the empire of his dreams. When talks about merging of Denmark and Finland reached Jakub he was the first one to offer his services to the Don family, who now required someone loyal ruler some of their land in this new Empire. Jakub proposed this to his grandfather who was allready seventy years old and tired of ruling the county. His grandfather had one condition if the Don Emperor made him the count of Viborg he would accept the offer. Jakub bowed down to his grandfather and accepted to be the heir of him in Viborg. So they set sail towards Finland leaving Opava to the capable hands of the other members of the Tilius dynasty.

Treaty of Napoli

Warring parties (Holy Roman Empire vs coalition of Al-Andalus, Bavaria, Fatimid Caliphate) agree to the following peace:

Geographically:

Additionally, all HRE will relinquish claims on coalition lands.

Exact specifications in edit thread at ederon.

Signed - Al-Andalus.

This certainly puts the gangbangs of recent sessions in perspective. How much manpower do the powers have in the conversion?

fasquardon

mamluk france FTW:confused::confused:

And is this before or after My charm brougth me five times more Base tax than in last session?

This certainly puts the gangbangs of recent sessions in perspective.

Yea, this is the reasons people are not overly concerned about Jakalo losing land, especially to me. You should have seen the EU3 behemoth that was Italy pre-gangbang. :eek:

How much manpower do the powers have in the conversion?

Similar levels to economic wealth.

mamluk france

This funnyness is caused by our custom moding with spliting kingtitles, it'll be fixed in the final conversion.

And is this before or after My charm brougth me five times more Base tax than in last session?

before, tho honestly Finland is not worth much in EU3 :p

Last edited:
Yea, this is the reasons people are not overly concerned about Jakalo losing land. You should have seen the EU3 behemoth that was Italy pre-gangbang. :eek:

Actually I was finding it more interesting that Russia got slammed so hard (from no. 1 in CK to no. 6 in EU3) and that the major beneficiaries of the gangbang against West Rome are the two most powerful empires in EU3. Spain is looking particularly strong I must say. 2nd richest power, and eliminating one of its strongest colonial rivals in a stroke - I'm sure hoping they stick to the Americas now... Was this result planned, or a side effect of your ruthless persuit of Sicily?

Similar levels to economic wealth.

So Croatia has half the manpower of Bavaria?

fasquardon

Actually I was finding it more interesting that Russia got slammed so hard

Playerskill. People are convinced that if vR is allowed to start with more than an OPM Russia come EU3 he will destroy us all before Oddman gets to the Azores.

and that the major beneficiaries of the gangbang against West Rome are the two most powerful empires in EU3, was this result planned, or a side effect of your ruthless persuit of Sicily?

Old allies with no obvious clashing interests growing fat on my opponents is a sideeffect I can live with..

So Croatia has half the manpower of Bavaria?

Roughly yes.

KING DÔN

”I’ll pass.”, said Jehovah, God almighty and father high above there in the heaven. Well not exactly currently residing high above, as he had landed aground in Mount Olympus upon the earth to play poker with the rest of the European and middle-eastern gods and other spirits famous enough to be accept to the tournament.
“Why I’m not surprised…” Lug spat out his remark while moving his chips to the big pile that had been growing on the table. Dôn snickered and Jehovah raised his big white eye brown like he would really care… he didn’t and was about to leave the table when Dôn grabbed his sleeve and said: “Oh one more round, this game is turning really interesting…”
“Bah! I have no kings remaining! I already lost the Knautschling’s to this ill-dressed barbarian; You Celts shall play with their fortunes now. Their true god has abandoned the Danes!”
“Oh you are such a diva! Sit down and don’t abandon them!” Dôn laughed and Lug gave big grin before he corrected Dôn who was enjoying bit too much of the evening and the company of such men. There were only three of them left and with Jehovah leaving, this round would become the last one, and Lug and Dôn would play for the win…
“But he is right, I won the Danes in the last round, don’t you remember?”
“Oh dear, I think you did indeed….tssshii… you want to place them on there for this one too, eh?”
And Lug leaned over Dôn, placed his arms around her in most impropriate manner and whispered: “But honey, I already did…”

******​

One misty moisty morning in the year of 1310 Dôn woke up and felt hollow pain in her forehead.
After ten minutes of suffering the agonizing ache, she decided to rest bit longer....

At the noon of that day, or the next, Dôn woke up again and felt deep thirst inside her body and soul. Her body he could content with nearby draw well, but her soul was wary of its own irrationality and her thoughts were abrupt, memory served her no good consolation of what so ever. ....Hints of war and switching sides, burning country sides and master plans of their allies and alliances to do....something?
...In the mist of recollection of last days, she shivered and felt that he needed more water to drink...plain water for now onwards...

The green pastures and the gentle nothingness in very middle-worldish fashion brought her finally to awake. She felt contented and calm. Air moved bit and the nature and wildlife responded to her in kind ways, Like for a fairy queen who had just come home after long, long absence.

Except, she was The Queen of fairies… but was this home?
Dôn couldn’t tell, but it did felt like one. There were poplins and birches. A chestnut stood right beside her and the periwinkles bloomed away in their full blossom. It was home. It was Wales. It was Gwyneth.

“Doproye Utro Koroleva…ummm… A nice dawn, woman…izvinite, I speak Danglish very bad, I come from Mother Rossija”

It might not be a home after all… Dôn look up to the gentleman who had rode to the pastures; He had Rurikovich written all upon him.

“God morning my lord, what brings you to such far away from home?” Dôn asked gently and moved bit around… the morning dew felt right, the sun felt right…only thing that was not as it was when she left was this odd easterner wandering about.

“Ehj, Mje is home. Me from Gospodin…mje Brother Michael Rurikovich…Episkop Gwyneth.”
“Ah, Michael Rurikovich, nice to meet you…”
“Nhoo…Me brother…Michael, Hje is different…hje is crazy, hehh haa….izvinite…”
“Ah…” And Dôn took a distance from the big horse and from the man who talked like a madman.
“Whjat is....Koroleva, whjat Is you name?”

Dôn looked upon the man. She felt perfectly sure that he possessed no powers that could threaten her, so why not tell him her name.
“In here, I am called Dôn.”
And the man’s expression changed from gentleness to amazement, then to a bit of a horror and then as he stood down from the horseback and kneeled before her, to utter adore.

“Gosudar Dôn…” the man mumbled.

…all haill thou migthy Queen of heaven, you’re like on earth I ne’er did see… Dôn had have these meeting before. Seldom did men recognize her, but it did sometimes happen. Sometimes with madmen… Dôn did not want to take him with her to the otherside; she had no business there for little while.

“No…” She said, and begun to think of something.
“I am related to the princes and Kings of Dôn yeas, but I am not but a noble kin. Not… gosudar
“Njet gosudar?”
“Njet.”
“Ah I sjee…Okehj…Good. I was so afraid the King will come and kill poor Michael…hje is..crazy”
“No no… I don’t think that the Dôn King would come so far west to Denmark.”
“Okehj… Hje is Denmark I know it. I pledge my loyalty to Denmark Dôn…”

Denmark Dôn… How long had she been passed out? Was she on right time? In Right place? Dôn looked around, but kept the man under her eye, and tried to seek concealed hints of whether something was not all right.

“Are we in Gwyneth?”
“Hjes”
“In Wales?”
“Hjes”
“That belongs to Denmark?”
“Hjes?”
“Who is ruled by…?”
“Dôn”
“Dôn!”
“Hjes, Dôn…”

Dôn… King Dôn… a king of England and Prince of Wales… Dôn was speechless…what had happened, why… but a tear brought her thoughts from matters of reason and away from the concern of the situation back to her memories…How could duke of Wales fair in the world of Kings? And she remembered all of her offspring, the Children of Dôn and their fatality and grim look of life as they fought as little princes among the kings of grand splendor. And she wept a tear… For Foulgues and for Gwydion, for Prince Reko who was so humble and loyal to his own land that he was forced to become a king because of the Dônish stubbornness prevent him to cede one inch of the land he had governed…for St. Valta, the King of Vanaja who rode to Novgorod and then to Byzantion and then again to Novgorod in war that gave him the kingdom and spoils of war…the 7th son of Jurva who was 7th son of Reko…*
For all of them, children of Dôn, she shattered a little tear and one for Gwyneth, Wales and England too…

*who was such a inglorious bastard that I shame to have been so overtaken by other deeds that I couldn’t have written about his adventures in the great war of the rings. Perhaps someday in retro perspective…

Actually I was finding it more interesting that Russia got slammed so hard (from no. 1 in CK to no. 6 in EU3)

Russias capital is currently cut off by vassals and overseas relative to some very valuable provinces, including a gold mine in Samara.

Also, we are going to rearrange base tax and manpower to more closely resemble the CK distribution. I'd say you'd have to take the levels of income in the current conversion with a fair bit of salt.