• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
On another note: It seems Sicily is overseas from me in EU3, meaning my Italian holdings are not in any way as rich as they should be. The Europeans are no doubt happy to hear that my wars with Italy weakens Jakalo without significantly strengthening me. :[

Are there any ways to fix this? Moving my Capital? Increasing naval range?

Tariffs are prod+tax right? Do the +25% tax/production/trade, or the +1 tax/trade buildings in overseas provs affect tariffs?

Behold my vast and awesome powar!

Provinces
Egypt : 134
Denmark + Finland : 132
Mordor : 95
Persia : 90
Bavaria : 84
Byzantion : 73
France : 64
Italy : 61
Andalus : 59
Croatia : 55

Basetax
Mordor : 329
Denmark + Finland : 321
Egypt : 320
Persia : 311
Bavaria : 302
Italy : 284
France : 238
Andalus : 212
Byzantion : 204
Croatia : 165

Good to know you'll be the next to have a one fourth peace put upon him by a gangbang from every single one of your neighbors.

Good to know you'll be the next to have a one fourth peace put upon him by a gangbang from every single one of your neighbors.

With my NAP with KoM running out in 1320 shouldn't you be making friends? At any rate I am happy with my current position, barring some worry of Imperial plans for revenge. Most my possible enemies will probably be content to wait for the conversion to strip me of my current power, instead of taking me on in my prime.

With my NAP with KoM running out in 1320 shouldn't you be making friends? At any rate I am happy with my current position, barring some worry of Imperial plans for revenge. Most my possible enemies will probably be content to wait for the conversion to strip me of my current power, instead of taking me on in my prime.

Wasn't your prime back when you had half a million manpower?

Oh right, they did take you on back then...

Wasn't your prime back when you had half a million manpower?

Oh right, they did take you on back then...

Quite, however with ~9 more sessions what would be the point to wage a long and risky war to reduce a power from 3rd to 6th when the conversion will reduce me even more for them? Same with Denmark. Reasonable longterm strategist will probably start looking at what things will look like after conversion, and wage wars of balance based on that.

In order:

So tariffs are not tax+prod? But +%tax/prod buildings increase tariffs?:wacko:

There are ideas that affect %tariffs, what is the base effectiveness of %tariffs? Do all things that affect tax/prod affect tariffs?

Were are the goldmines? ..that might be of some importance..And the starting tradecenters!

Tradecenters have not been edited yet, but will probably end up with one in each capital to start. Gold is mostly in Spain, and the Imperial-Bavarian border. The incomes represent what it'll look like before we start annexing vassals/trading/building, etc, but give a good estimate of relative earning power. I suspect we will see some maneuvering in Europe as they realize how conversion will change relative powerlevels, Bavaria especially has positioned itself to become a behemoth in Eu3.

So tariffs are not tax+prod? But +%tax/prod buildings increase tariffs?:wacko:

There are ideas that affect %tariffs, what is the base effectiveness of %tariffs? Do all things that affect tax/prod affect tariffs?

Overseas provinces move the production income to tariffs. That's the only difference. Effects that raise production value raise tariff value, but effects that raise tariff value don't raise production value.

Overseas provinces move the production income to tariffs. That's the only difference. Effects that raise production value raise tariff value, but effects that raise tariff value don't raise production value.

If i can affect the calculation both at prod and tariff stages, does this mean I can get more out of overseas than home provs?

Say I have the +prod and +tariff ideas, assume they both give +25%, and I have one home prov and one overseas prov producing 10g each.

The home one produces 12,5g right?
10g prod +25% =12,5g

How much does the overseas one produce? 12,5? 15? 15,6?

10g prod
Prod=Tariff
10g tariff +25% = 12,5g?

10g +(25% +25%) = 15g?

10g prod +25% = 12,5g
Prod=Tariff
12,5g tariff +25% = 15,6g?

Moving Capital

But if I move it to Sicily then Africa will be overseas! :p What if I move it to, say, Tunis?

But I'm pretty sure Paradox effects aren't combined and then applied, they are applied one after the other. Compounding interest, if you will.

This depends. All modifiers of the same name are summed before being applied. Modifiers of different names are compounded.

example1: +50% regiment costs and +50% cost of cavalry would equal +125% more expensive cavalry.
example2: three base tax modifiers of -25%, -10% and +5% would together equal -30% base tax.

The formula for tariffs:
Monthly Overseas Tariffs = ((Production Income + base tax + workshops) / 12) * 0.75 * ( 100% + Modifiers ) * Sea-Lane Efficiency
And yes; you can get higher income from oversea than from your mainland. You just need to make sure that (0,75 * (100% + Modifiers)) > 1.

Last edited:
No expansion has changed the formula.

There are a fair bit of building changes, thus my question of if it was only +1tax (analogous to workshops) that applied, and how +% buildings, ideas figured into it..