• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am, planning to install a Tilius bailift for Finland, to ensure the continiuty of the Finnish culture. Once (or If) this tilius bailift has (will) proven out to master his own affairs, We can release it to bring more ballance...

Caliphate demands Österbotten back to Fatimids!

Is West Rome going to convert as HRE or Italy? I think converting into the Holy Roman Empire would be swell. Especially since the HRE mechanics wouldn't be relevant in your game.

Caliphate demands Österbotten back to Fatimids!

Northern Empire has deft ear for demands. Suggestions, pleas and deals we do tend to listen however ;)

Northern Empire has deft ear for demands. Suggestions, pleas and deals we do tend to listen however ;)

In exchange for Österbotten back to Fatimid character: Caliphate will not impose Tilius Sultanate of Britain. This is fair and balanced deal! :D

Pft, lets say it this way: Pohjanmaa is Dôn demesne, but will be most likely given to the Tilius bailift to his own agendas. As Im not planning to pour money to the bailift in vast ammounts, You can make monetary concession type of deals with the Bailift when it will be placed into service.

In meanwhile we can sure start discussing Fatimid's ways to destroy the HRE such out from blue and what methods are the Khaliphate planning to do for restoring its international reputation... :p

we can sure start discussing Fatimid's ways to destroy the HRE such out from blue and what methods are the Khaliphate planning to do for

I honestly am not sure what you said here :wacko:

Well lets just agree that I said there: "you don't talk about östernbotten, and I wont talk about Khaliphate becoming a huge monster-state in the mediterenian that is consering us" ;)

Uh-oh.. Look out Caliphate..Finland is viewing you with alarm!!!

Yeas! Phear me! I am great hulking Behemoth!
(tho still smaller than Italy was before the war)
(and will be even weaker after the conversion)
(and Italy is still equal to its neighbors)
But never mind that! Feaaaar meeee! BOooouoOh!

Seriously tho, one of the main reasons I could beat Italy so hard was that we did not have a single crash during the war. Meaning my troops did not have to worry abour moralebugs.

Last edited:
Seriously tho, one of the main reasons I could beat Italy so hard was that we did not have a single crash during the war. Meaning my troops did not have to worry abour moralebugs.

wasen't the sub (a to becoming chinese player whose name begun with B and ends in layne) like pegging peace in the day one ? ;)...then some anonymious finnish player told him to either atleast give up a figth (for Jakalo's sake) or we rehost and he subs finland, and I go play as germany...

But after that I don't actually know what took place in the war? Did the sub give you epic figth? were there any great battles of huge armies? Screenies!!

It was very different fighting a war without any crashes and consequent moralebugs. I felt I was able to bring my overall numerical superiority to bear much better; the Anatolian troops weren't useless by the time they got to the front. Of course, I also had to contend with Danish reinforcements that weren't useless either, but they were still attrited.

wasen't the sub (a to becoming chinese player whose name begun with B and ends in layne) like pegging peace in the day one ?

But after that I don't actually know what took place in the war? Did the sub give you epic figth? were there any great battles of huge armies? Screenies!!

Italy lacks the geographic qualities nessessary for attrition warfare, allowing me to land with the apropriate amount of men in fresh condition where ever I wanted. There are no bottlenecks or ways to stall my troops, the long coast allowing me to bring every last regiment to bear almost simultaneously and easily ridirect reinforcements to where they were needed. In addition no crashes made my far of syrian troops lose morale. The war saw some massive engagements as the Armies of Northern Italy reformed and seemed to be pressing me back, when the absolutely enormous Alexandria Regiment landed and smashed aside fieldarmy after fieldarmy, leaving only mopup work and sacking of Imperial vassals for my remaining forces (I made a 40.000 profit of this war). At that point Italy conceeded. Fivoin and Oddman may tell their stories of what happened, from what I could see Oddman peaced for Iberia early and didn't do much after. Bavarian troops were not seen untill after the Italian forces were destroyed, coming across the Alps to help siege, I don't know if that was because he was tangling with substantial Imperial troops himself or if he was just busy fighting the Danes. (I note these observations may be erroneous.)

I note this is not dissimilar from the problems I myself faced in the Crusade gangbang, my extended coastline and lack of real depth making effective defence all but impossible.

I do unfortunately not have pics, as the game wont let me, something with the keyboard I suspect.

In a move that surprised us all, the Fatimid caliph, out of the goodness of his heart, chose to give recently conquered Sicily to his Abbasid counterpart. The euphoria of victory must have put him in a very good mood, to freely give away his beloved Palermo!

AbbasidSicily.jpg

In a move that surprised us all, the Fatimid caliph, out of the goodness of his heart, chose to give recently conquered Sicily to his Abbasid counterpart. The euphoria of victory must have put him in a very good mood, to freely give away his beloved Palermo!

A slightly to liberal use of the celebratory Hookah led the Calipha to make a few misclicks when the counterparts exchanged claims with eachother to burn bb, this was soon cleared up at the cost of some infamy for the Fatimids... We hope the Abbasid Calipha enjoyed his vacation in sunny Siracusa! :p

This doesn't really seem to have been a gangbang at all (from Frozen's description).. mostly 1-on-1 battles..only after Germany was broken, Bavaria got into it? And Croatia/Byz also duking it out without interference?

This doesn't really seem to have been a gangbang at all (from Frozen's description).. mostly 1-on-1 battles..only after Germany was broken, Bavaria got into it? And Croatia/Byz also duking it out without interference?

It was basically 4 vs 2 due to the fact that Danish and Persian armies were just too far away to actually contribute until the end of the war.

The war as far as I know:

Muslims attack Italy a few moths earlier than Christians
Italy strategically surrenders Iberia a start of war
Persia v Russia comes after hostilities end in Italy due to no sub first part of game, but was planned to be part of larger conflict.
France was absent, but everybody seem to assume they were going to aid their side in the war... Someone's been hoodwinked sez I...

So, disregarding the odd Danish expeditionary corps in the Balkans and other spillover the main war efforts went as follows:

Caliphate v Italy
Byzantion v Croatia
Bavaria v Denmark

Persia v Russia

It was basically 4 vs 2 due to the fact that Danish and Persian armies were just too far away to actually contribute until the end of the war.

Denmark is plenty close to Bavaria, no? And Oddman peaced early, so that makes it 3v3 with a later 1v1.

Last edited:
I wasn't really able to contribute with much against Croatia. Two regiments reached and the largest was disbanded by event shortly thereafter...