• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In light of the recent One-Fourth solution presented by the ARA to Russia, I propose something similar.

The One-Fifth Solution:

One-Fifth%20Solution.gif

In this, I get one-fifth of KoM's base tax. Seem reasonable to everyone?

As it happens, a One-Fifth solution was one of the options the alliance discussed internally, along with the One-Fourth we eventually adopted, the One-Third we held up as a threat, and a One-Sixth somewhat similar to what vR suggested in his counterproposal. The difference, of course, is that we fought it out with All the Bloody Mordors, and won. If you think you can do as well, bring it on.

Frozen : Was that you academy you got back?

Nope, it's in Palermo, Jakalos personal demesne. But I did get the Engineers Guild of Siracusa! :D
In all honesty I hope Jakalo will find Peace in the med to be worth more than some islands. Especially since He is now the Games #1, and the sharks are circling.

Nope, it's in Palermo, Jakalos personal demesne. But I did get the Engineers Guild of Siracusa! :D
In all honesty I hope Jakalo will find Peace in the med to be worth more than some islands. Especially since He is now the Games #1, and the sharks are circling.

Was it his personal demesne when you built it there? ..or did he move his personal demesne there..if you can move such a thing..

Was it his personal demesne when you built it there? ..or did he move his personal demesne there..if you can move such a thing..

It was my Personal demesne when I built it! It was taken from me in a 5 nation gangbang. :mad:

Personal demesne is provinces held and administered by you directly, as opposed to by vassals. You can "move" it by taking land from others in war, revoke/give its title from/to your vassal.

Finland only counts as a half, I think. And anyway he was on your side at one point. Considering your advantages of internal lines and better logistics, I think it was a reasonable even fight.

Hey! We took Novgorod

anyways, can we get new nation "stats" and rankings? I want to know how far behind I now am...

Last edited:
I was subbing Von Runny during last half after he agreed to the peace; I successfully get things together and crushed the jacobins, also broke up a principality that wasn't ruled by a Rurikovich.

Also, why the crap is no one participating except Orange Yoshi in the Eu3 to Victoria 2 converter discussion!?

You guys just going to be okay with me in full control of the converter!?!

You're crazy! I'm suggesting a bunch of things just to see if anyone reacts and no one does!!

He who pays the piper...

I was subbing Von Runny during last half after he agreed to the peace; I successfully get things together and crushed the jacobins, also broke up a principality that wasn't ruled by a Rurikovich.

Also, why the crap is no one participating except Orange Yoshi in the Eu3 to Victoria 2 converter discussion!?

You guys just going to be okay with me in full control of the converter!?!

You're crazy! I'm suggesting a bunch of things just to see if anyone reacts and no one does!!

He who pays the piper...

Why would we do any work if we can just shoot it down if we dont like it in the end silly...

Why would we do any work if we can just shoot it down if we dont like it in the end silly...

Because in the end it may not be your choice? Creating a converter takes a huge investment in time and input, and we're not just doing eu3 to vicky 2 but also vicky 2 to Hoi3 AND AoD just so you have that choice, at some point you won't have the ability to feasibly shoot it down if you don't like some minor quibble if the alternative is KoM having to make his own entirely from scratch.

It's also very inconsiderate to the people right now who are doing the coding for us to all this work only for you guys to not participate until the last minute 'just' to shoot it down, how about participating now so we can avoid reinventing the wheel?

Europe is not going to be converted as a desolate wasteland under me I can assure, so participate now so we can avoid the QQ'ing later.

Nah I`m just meesing with you, its too early to fret about Vicky when CK->EU3 converter isn`t even ready and there is no save game to convert. And by the bye I doubt anything we could come up right now would make converter obsolete or unfixable by change of a few parameters.

Nah I`m just meesing with you, its too early to fret about Vicky when CK->EU3 converter isn`t even ready and there is no save game to convert. And by the bye I doubt anything we could come up right now would make converter obsolete or unfixable by change of a few parameters.

Except the EU3 to Victoria converter has made quite a bit of process and we're now at the stage where we can feasibly discuss how things should affect conversion like NI's and province ownership, months from now our main programmer guy could move on once the project is roughly complete 'soonish', etc; basically its alot less work, to participate now rather than later.

Also to head off these kinds of accusations

So KoM are you seriously saying that we allow Blayne to be in charge of (or anyway near) the conversion and knowing it will be über-china-convertor? ARE YOU BLEEP MAD!!!
I wont be playing any convertor which Blayne has the biggest influence if he is at the same time playing china...

:rollseyes: If people participate now it is to avoid this kind of headache later.

The Fatimid Caliphate: The Seventh Branch pt.1

islamy.jpg

When we speak of the end of the 13th century historians have a strange tendency to ignore the larger picture for the lesser players of the day, attributing unfairly victories to feats of bravery by Generals and Admirals and defeats to the Lighthouse Court. It is indeed a sad blemish upon our history that Calipha Zeyd is primarily remembered for his close friendship with the Sultan of al-Andalus clouding his judgement and allowing Iberia to fall into religious anarchy, while failing to attribute the enormous growth of the Caliphate coffers and peace in the Holy Land as well as the victories for Islam around the Caspian to his pragmatic aproach...
Heroes of the Caliphate
Jerusalem Press​

caliphazeyd.jpg

Calipha Zeyd, unlike his predecessor Abdul-Gawfur, never managed to take credit for the unprecedented peace and prosperity that followed for the Islamic world after the so called "Miracle at Jerusalem"

------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere high up in the Fortress-Lighthouse of Pharos, in a small study at the end of a unassuming hallway

Most Caliphas prefered to conduct their affairs in much pomp and splendor, with masters of ceremony and great courts waiting on them. It was not Zeyds way. He had been the Emir of Tripoli and Galilee, and had been deep in the council of the Hassassins of Beirut and the Engineers Guild of Baalbek. He did not need the symbols and circumstance of office, nations were held together by the bureaucracy behind it all. People who critizised him did not see clear enough through the smoke and mirrors to understand , why throw money and bread at the plebeians when you could lower tariffs? They would probably never quite understand how much they had gained because of him, but they would be content and the Caliphate would be stronger.

The heresies of al-Andalus were nothing new, it had been thus since days immemorial. Was that not the reason the Dhu'l-Nuns had been made Sultans, to rid the Calipha of such worries? No, better to focus at troubles at home. Since the days of Afzal the Fatimids had grabbed more and more power throughout the realm, and rightly so. For they were of the Purest strain of the Prophets Blood. And so only a few Sheiks who were of lesser birth remained, and then only because no Fatimid had bothered to come and drag him out of his keep.

Under them were the Sayeedi Arabs, who could track their family to the Prophet in one way or another. And they paid no tax, so long as they sent their firstborn son to the Guard, and equiped him properly. Being exempt from paying to the Calipha obviously meant that they would soon outcompete any other man in their field, and therein lay a problem. For the Fatimids and Sayeedi Arabs had now taken control of most every sector of society, and were often above the law since it was often their peers who administerd the Sharia. And so the citydwelling lesser Arabs and Copts grunted and complained at their lot in life, saying it had not always been so. Zeyd had of course had little problem with this, instituting carnivals and opening theatres so as to not only take their mind of such things but also foster culture and some literacy. The taxes and tarrifs preempted any trouble, and if that did not help the Hassassins knife would. But he worried of those who would come after him, who might not be as subtle or sly. For a blunt response against the complaints of the lower classes risked creating a rift in the society, something outside forces would no doubt use against Islam.

"Calipha" Zeyd was rudely awakened from his dark musings. "The reports have come"

"And?"

"The Greeks are indeed transfering much supplies and timbermen to Cherson, it appears they intend to stay much of their fleet there to guard the rivers for at least a few winters more"

"Most excellent. Make sure the people at Crete know not to 'tax' the grain shipments to Constantinople to hard, lest the Emperor decide to shift ships down here. You may inform the Lord Hayreddin the Alexandrian squadrons are his, and he may begin ridding the western sea of Imperial Pirates."

------------------------------------------------------------

barbarossa.jpg

Lord Hayreddin "Barbarossa" of the Seventh branch Fatimids, High Castellan of Tunis, Master of the Western Watch and Keeper of the Banner of Akbarzib.
His personal grudges against the Empire would soon see the Fatimid fleet conduct operations somewhat larger than the anti-piracy work the Calipha had imagined...

It was then, as the wars in Russia were still raging, that the Greekified Bureaucrat of a Calipha finally heeded my perfectly sensible requests for naval reinforcements and strenthened my Tunisian Sicilian Fleet with the potent wargalleys of the Pharos Fleet. The blasted whoresons in Baalbek still refused me their secrets of the black powder, despite every last son of a Greek knowing full well they had conjured it into a weapon and tested it on the islands outside Acre. "We want Siracusa back" they whined, "We can't risk these secrets falling into the hands of our enemy" they cried. Traitors all! Nevermind! I am the great gandson of Sayaddin ibn Isa, and I shall have what belongs to me nomater how little they give me to accomplish it!

The Calipha had ordered me to "Extinguish Imperial piracy in the West" and by Allah, what better way is there than to take the very islands from whence they come for ourselves? Thus reasured of reinforcements I put my plans and timbermen to work!
My Island!
A Memoir of Blunt Force!

barbarossaships.jpg

When the Pharos squadrons arrived half a year later they found not only the pirate haven of Malta in Caliphate hands, but the productive power of the entire Emirate of Tunis mobilized towards naval construction.

By 1294 the Western Fleet encompassed no less than 150 ships of varying sizes and armament, 35 of the Caliphas own wargalleys, as well as 12 siegeships. To that came the Tunisian Banners of 20.000 men especially trained for maritime action.
Unlike the Arabs the Imperial navy did not consist of expensive active duty warships, but relied mainly on the Trade Leagues to provide their own protection. As well as privateers and remnants of Crusader Orders to harry Saracen shiping. In addition there was no coordination between the various ports and most cities were protected by militias drawn from the local populus, something that would soon prove troublesome for Imperial plans.
Heroes of the Caliphate
Jerusalem Press​

barbarossasiegeship.jpg

Unperturbed by the Engineers unwillingness to share in their knowlege Hayreddin had his own warengines constructed, here seen in action during the seaside assault against the Knights of st.Waldemar at Valetta.