• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is plain that none of you knows what these claims are for, you are merely pretending in order to try and angle it from one another.

I am the only one in the know. Or else prove me wrong.

Pendule_de_Foucault.jpg

unrelated

It is plain that none of you knows what these claims are for, you are merely pretending in order to try and angle it from one another.

I am the only one in the know. Or else prove me wrong.

I wouldnt know I am just masquerading as guy who know how to play!

Hardly. Most peaces now are done through FoCoG: no claims needed. You only need the initial claim to start the war. Even then, all parties who would attack him have thousands, and sometimes tens of thousands, of prestige points which can be used to easily retake any claims which may have recently been given up. Claims are a dime-a-dozen, and just because you have none right now doesn't mean you can't spend a bit of prestige to get them all back once a good opportunity has arisen.

See Yoshi you are doing it wrong, take KoM for example: he praises players he is interested to keep good relations with and makes good job at clearing away fears I might have.

You tried to counter his argument (good), but failed to persuade peanuts why it is not important to have more than one claim (bad) while diminishing my self-satisfaction value KoM has provided instead of increasing it (bad).

The way I would have done it would be acknowledging value of claim removal deal and expanding how awesomely I have done it while maintaining my ability to interve.

Because talks in forums totally matter.

Last edited:
take KoM for example: he praises players he is interested to keep good relations with and makes good job at clearing away fears I might have.

He believes in the theory of diplomacy being the art of saying "Nice doggy" untill you can find a bigger stick. ;)

Ok, I was unclear there, edited.

Is it my fault they don't know how claims work and don't know what FoCoGs are?

And no, you didnt. Farce of a treaty? Keep up the good work...

Don't tell me you're falling for his hulabaloo. Do you really think that the number of claims makes any difference when we're all FoCoGing peace treaties?

Don't tell me you're falling for his hulabaloo. Do you really think that the number of claims makes any difference when we're all FoCoGing peace treaties?

Claims are important, why do you think KoM, Me, Jakalo and Foels all included clauses about them in our treaties? However, prestige farming and re-claiming a relatively small and rich area like Italy is not too hard, assuming one has some sly way to mitigate bb.

Claims are important, why do you think KoM, Me, Jakalo and Foels all included clauses about them in our treaties? However, prestige farming and re-claiming a relatively small and rich area like Italy is not too hard, assuming one has some sly way to mitigate bb.

Because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside if you don't think about it too hard.

BB is a non-issue. Prestige is a non-issue for you guys with king titles coming out your ears.

The only way those claim dropping treaties have any effect is if you end the practice of peace through FoCoG. And that doesn't appear to be something anyone wants to do.

Not to mention that with KoM, you don't want to be on his good side. Why? Because that's the side that's about to have a knife in it.

Come now! Propaganda is one thing, but this is getting ridiculous. I have fought wars with all my neighbours excluding Foels, and in some cases I managed to maintain tactical surprise before the invasion, but when did I attack someone I had a treaty with? When did I make a secret of my intention to take all the land I could get away with? You and I have been at war, I think, more often than any other pair of neighbours in the game, but when did I stab you while you were on my good side? (Or vice-versa, being fair about it; I think we've been the aggressor about equally often, but I won't complain that a Croatian invasion was ever unexpected.) I attack when I see an opportunity to win without gaining too much human badboy; now perhaps I'm more optimistic than average about how fast human badboy decays, and thus I'm more aggressive than the median player, but otherwise I don't see how my strategy differs.

Come now! Propaganda is one thing, but this is getting ridiculous. I have fought wars with all my neighbours excluding Foels, and in some cases I managed to maintain tactical surprise before the invasion, but when did I attack someone I had a treaty with? When did I make a secret of my intention to take all the land I could get away with? You and I have been at war, I think, more often than any other pair of neighbours in the game, but when did I stab you while you were on my good side? (Or vice-versa, being fair about it; I think we've been the aggressor about equally often, but I won't complain that a Croatian invasion was ever unexpected.) I attack when I see an opportunity to win without gaining too much human badboy; now perhaps I'm more optimistic than average about how fast human badboy decays, and thus I'm more aggressive than the median player, but otherwise I don't see how my strategy differs.

Ever notice how we only declare wars on each other right after we talk about putting down the hatchet and figuring out a lasting peace?

I will give you one thing, and that is that I can not remember a time when you've broken the letter of a public treaty. You've kept your word far better than several other players. But you don't need a treaty to be on someone's good side, and it seems that the good side is usually the one being buttered up in preparation for a hot knife.

Come now! Propaganda is one thing, but this is getting ridiculous.

I don't see what part of it is propaganda? You readily admit that the second anybody turns their back on you you stab, Foels excluded (but only because he only has the maps edge to turn to). Nobody said you violated treaties, that would be better termed betrayal.

I have to say it is interesting watching Jakalo's diplomacy. The parallels and differences to my own diplomatic approach are interesting. I'm taking notes for when I return as Congo. :D

And the war rules in this game definitely make wars in this game more interesting to watch than TWBW's wars were. How do they play?

fasquardon

wars in this game more interesting to watch than TWBW's wars were. How do they play?

-Form coalition
-Attack happless victim (remember to claim that despite getting ass whooped your enemy is actually much scarier than you, and you only did it in self defence, and youre only taking half his land because he's belligerent!)
-take some provs, deplete mp
-wait for interventionists to come and impose their prefered peace

btw, were we getting a counterproposal from vR?

-Form coalition
-Attack happless victim (remember to claim that despite getting ass whooped your enemy is actually much scarier than you, and you only did it in self defence, and youre only taking half his land because he's belligerent!)
-take some provs, deplete mp
-wait for interventionists to come and impose their prefered peace

btw, were we getting a counterproposal from vR?

I think vR's counter will be to tell everyone to go to hell!! :)

Just a few figures for Russia´s proposal:

Total basetax loss:
68 (one-fourth solution: 111)

basetax losses in detail:
5 to Denmark (one-fourth solution: 5)
8 to Finland (one-fourth solution: 19)
20 to Byzantium (one-fourth solution: 31)
33 to Persia (one-fourth solution: 56)

This proposal would lead to the following nation basetax (aka power) chart:
1. Germany 385
2. Russia 382
3. Fatimid Caliphate 275
with the bulk of medium powers following closely behind the Fatimids and last but not least
11. Finland 42

Loving the AAR so far.
For the map above a few, what do the russian stripes indicate?
Thanks, keep up the good playing.