+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 176 FirstFirst ... 24 49 74 99 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 149 174 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3515

Thread: Children of the Fatherland: MP conversion game

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

It is plain that none of you knows what these claims are for, you are merely pretending in order to try and angle it from one another.

I am the only one in the know. Or else prove me wrong.

unrelated
    Paint it white : a Skleroi AAR (intermittent)

Normandy&Bastardy rule the day in Let's play 900 years, a megacampaign :
    Game threads : CK - EU3 - EU3 reboot - Victoria - HOI2
    AAR threads : CK - EU3 - EU3 reboot - Victoria - HOI2

Arsenal of Democracy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuipy View Post
    It is plain that none of you knows what these claims are for, you are merely pretending in order to try and angle it from one another.

I am the only one in the know. Or else prove me wrong.
    I wouldnt know I am just masquerading as guy who know how to play!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    Hardly. Most peaces now are done through FoCoG: no claims needed. You only need the initial claim to start the war. Even then, all parties who would attack him have thousands, and sometimes tens of thousands, of prestige points which can be used to easily retake any claims which may have recently been given up. Claims are a dime-a-dozen, and just because you have none right now doesn't mean you can't spend a bit of prestige to get them all back once a good opportunity has arisen.
    See Yoshi you are doing it wrong, take KoM for example: he praises players he is interested to keep good relations with and makes good job at clearing away fears I might have.

You tried to counter his argument (good), but failed to persuade peanuts why it is not important to have more than one claim (bad) while diminishing my self-satisfaction value KoM has provided instead of increasing it (bad).

The way I would have done it would be acknowledging value of claim removal deal and expanding how awesomely I have done it while maintaining my ability to interve.

Because talks in forums totally matter.
    Last edited by Jakalo; 17-02-2011 at 18:50.

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakalo View Post
    but failed to persuade peanuts why it is not as important to have only one claim (bad) while diminishing my self-satisfaction value KoM has provided instead of increasing it (bad).
    So I failed in making KoM's argument for him and I made you feel uneasy about the farce of a treaty you made?

Mission Accomplished.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

take KoM for example: he praises players he is interested to keep good relations with and makes good job at clearing away fears I might have.
    He believes in the theory of diplomacy being the art of saying "Nice doggy" untill you can find a bigger stick.
    GM and Last of the Carolingians in:
    Sunday night MP Megacampaign: God Will Know His Own
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)
    Proprietor of one Lord Strange Cookie. , WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 6, 2011

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenWall View Post
    He believes in the theory of diplomacy being the art of saying "Nice doggy" untill you can find a bigger stick.
    Not to mention that with KoM, you don't want to be on his good side. Why? Because that's the side that's about to have a knife in it.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

Arsenal of Democracy

So I failed in making KoM's argument for him and I made you feel uneasy about the farce of a treaty you made?

Mission Accomplished.
    Ok, I was unclear there, edited.

And no, you didnt. Farce of a treaty? Keep up the good work...

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakalo View Post
    Ok, I was unclear there, edited.
    Is it my fault they don't know how claims work and don't know what FoCoGs are?

And no, you didnt. Farce of a treaty? Keep up the good work...
    Don't tell me you're falling for his hulabaloo. Do you really think that the number of claims makes any difference when we're all FoCoGing peace treaties?

Arsenal of Democracy

Is it my fault they don't know how claims work and don't know what FoCoGs are?

Don't tell me you're falling for his hulabaloo. Do you really think that the number of claims makes any difference when we're all FoCoGing peace treaties?
    I wouldnt know.

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

Claims are important, why do you think KoM, Me, Jakalo and Foels all included clauses about them in our treaties? However, prestige farming and re-claiming a relatively small and rich area like Italy is not too hard, assuming one has some sly way to mitigate bb.
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Claims are important, why do you think KoM, Me, Jakalo and Foels all included clauses about them in our treaties? However, prestige farming and re-claiming a relatively small and rich area like Italy is not too hard, assuming one has some sly way to mitigate bb.
    Because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside if you don't think about it too hard.

BB is a non-issue. Prestige is a non-issue for you guys with king titles coming out your ears.

The only way those claim dropping treaties have any effect is if you end the practice of peace through FoCoG. And that doesn't appear to be something anyone wants to do.

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    Not to mention that with KoM, you don't want to be on his good side. Why? Because that's the side that's about to have a knife in it.
    Come now! Propaganda is one thing, but this is getting ridiculous. I have fought wars with all my neighbours excluding Foels, and in some cases I managed to maintain tactical surprise before the invasion, but when did I attack someone I had a treaty with? When did I make a secret of my intention to take all the land I could get away with? You and I have been at war, I think, more often than any other pair of neighbours in the game, but when did I stab you while you were on my good side? (Or vice-versa, being fair about it; I think we've been the aggressor about equally often, but I won't complain that a Croatian invasion was ever unexpected.) I attack when I see an opportunity to win without gaining too much human badboy; now perhaps I'm more optimistic than average about how fast human badboy decays, and thus I'm more aggressive than the median player, but otherwise I don't see how my strategy differs.
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Men View Post
    Come now! Propaganda is one thing, but this is getting ridiculous. I have fought wars with all my neighbours excluding Foels, and in some cases I managed to maintain tactical surprise before the invasion, but when did I attack someone I had a treaty with? When did I make a secret of my intention to take all the land I could get away with? You and I have been at war, I think, more often than any other pair of neighbours in the game, but when did I stab you while you were on my good side? (Or vice-versa, being fair about it; I think we've been the aggressor about equally often, but I won't complain that a Croatian invasion was ever unexpected.) I attack when I see an opportunity to win without gaining too much human badboy; now perhaps I'm more optimistic than average about how fast human badboy decays, and thus I'm more aggressive than the median player, but otherwise I don't see how my strategy differs.
    Ever notice how we only declare wars on each other right after we talk about putting down the hatchet and figuring out a lasting peace?

I will give you one thing, and that is that I can not remember a time when you've broken the letter of a public treaty. You've kept your word far better than several other players. But you don't need a treaty to be on someone's good side, and it seems that the good side is usually the one being buttered up in preparation for a hot knife.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Men View Post
    Come now! Propaganda is one thing, but this is getting ridiculous.
    I don't see what part of it is propaganda? You readily admit that the second anybody turns their back on you you stab, Foels excluded (but only because he only has the maps edge to turn to). Nobody said you violated treaties, that would be better termed betrayal.

I have to say it is interesting watching Jakalo's diplomacy. The parallels and differences to my own diplomatic approach are interesting. I'm taking notes for when I return as Congo.

And the war rules in this game definitely make wars in this game more interesting to watch than TWBW's wars were. How do they play?

fasquardon
    Was:
    Velikii Kniaz of Ruskaya in AfaMG Thread, Diplomacy, AAR.
    King of Navarra in tBCoF: Thread, Diplomacy, AAR.
    Shahanshah of Sakartvelo in TWBW: Thread, AAR.
    Propheteocrat of United Georgia and Emperor of the Seljuk Turks in TWBW - In the Balance: Thread, AAR.
    Tyrannos of the Second Republic of Rome, High Speaker of United Georgia and Emperor of the Seljuk Turks in ARoW: AAR
    deToulouse Emperor of West Rome in CotF AAR
    Is:
    MweneKongo in DoG

Quote Originally Posted by fasquardon View Post
    wars in this game more interesting to watch than TWBW's wars were. How do they play?
    -Form coalition
    -Attack happless victim (remember to claim that despite getting ass whooped your enemy is actually much scarier than you, and you only did it in self defence, and youre only taking half his land because he's belligerent!)
    -take some provs, deplete mp
    -wait for interventionists to come and impose their prefered peace

btw, were we getting a counterproposal from vR?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

-Form coalition
    -Attack happless victim (remember to claim that despite getting ass whooped your enemy is actually much scarier than you, and you only did it in self defence, and youre only taking half his land because he's belligerent!)
    -take some provs, deplete mp
    -wait for interventionists to come and impose their prefered peace

btw, were we getting a counterproposal from vR?
    I think vR's counter will be to tell everyone to go to hell!!

HoI AnthologyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Drop the provinces marked with a black dot in return for a NAP, length to be discussed.

Vogonian poet
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

Just a few figures for Russia´s proposal:

Total basetax loss:
    68 (one-fourth solution: 111)

basetax losses in detail:
    5 to Denmark (one-fourth solution: 5)
    8 to Finland (one-fourth solution: 19)
    20 to Byzantium (one-fourth solution: 31)
    33 to Persia (one-fourth solution: 56)

This proposal would lead to the following nation basetax (aka power) chart:
    1. Germany 385
    2. Russia 382
    3. Fatimid Caliphate 275
    with the bulk of medium powers following closely behind the Fatimids and last but not least
    11. Finland 42

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Loving the AAR so far.
    For the map above a few, what do the russian stripes indicate?
    Thanks, keep up the good playing.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by el_zilcho321 View Post
    Loving the AAR so far.
    For the map above a few, what do the russian stripes indicate?
    Thanks, keep up the good playing.
    Red stripes over the Finnish, Bulgarian, and Persian colored land is land that Russia owns but will be giving up in the peace deal.

+ Reply to Thread