• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Except that a single claim is worth the same as 10.

That is the point on which you are mistaken.

Question about claims : Do they have any relation to Cores in EUIII?

In the converter, no. In being slightly similar as a game mechanic, yes.

If you haven't figured it out, I'm not going to tell you. I observe in passing that belief in some sense is its own reality: If I believe that I am weaker through lacking these claims, then I am less likely to attack even if I'm objectively wrong.

If you haven't figured it out, I'm not going to tell you. I observe in passing that belief in some sense is its own reality: If I believe that I am weaker through lacking these claims, then I am less likely to attack even if I'm objectively wrong.

Everything said in this thread and PMs is irrelevant. The only things that really matter are thought to one's self ^^

;)

It is a precedent of attacking a power until it is annexed. Also it is a precedent of you being the only one here who whines and cries. Even Ike took his annexation just fine.

You're such a troll yoshi ;)

Last edited:
That is the point on which you are mistaken.

In the converter, no. In being slightly similar as a game mechanic, yes.

So claims won't convert to anything in EUIII? -But in CK they give something like Casus Belli and perhaps a slightly better use of annexed territory? Or even open up the possibility of annexing said territory? (You can hear from my questions that I do not play CK, can't you? :D )

So claims won't convert to anything in EUIII? -But in CK they give something like Casus Belli and perhaps a slightly better use of annexed territory? Or even open up the possibility of annexing said territory? (You can hear from my questions that I do not play CK, can't you? :D )

You cannot annex a province unless you have a claim on it. Claims cost prestige and reputation to get.

let's see if I understand : With a claim you can annex a single province (?) while at war with the controlling king...without you can only control it, and hope to get it with peacedeal?

You can get nothing in an in-game peace deal unless you have a claim on it.

Without a claim, you can not go to war. Without a claim, you can not take the province in a peace deal.

This is where KoM's point about his inability to do Jakalo major harm in Italy comes from. My point, however, is that all the recent major wars have been solved through FoCoGs, not in-game peace deals. You don't need any in-game claims to participate in a FoCoG.

Yes, because nobody has any great sympathy for the biggest power being reduced to, oh the horror, the second-biggest power. That's Realpolitik for you!

Seems reasonable. And I'm not even wearing my byz partisan hat. It seems like most of the harsher land changes actually imposed, with a couple exceptions (mostly Poland) were imposed against countries significantly stronger than the average. HRE losing a lot of land everywhere, Byz losing Italy, and the Fatimids losing most of the Med islands and ME land are what comes to mind as examples, it seems there is a stronger precedent already well set for demanding noticeable concessions when a big power is in trouble than a medium or minor power.

Whats an FoCoG?