+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 176 FirstFirst ... 12 37 62 87 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 137 162 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 3515

Thread: Children of the Fatherland: MP conversion game

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The gardens of the Sultana's Summer Palace, Granada - summer 1281

Efimia sits beside the rustling fountain under a purple-streaked evening sky. She regards her husband, pacing through the garden in long strides. He does not see the gardeners' pride, the resplendent lilac blossoms, nor does he smell the Arabian jasmin any more, so beloved of them both in their courtship.

Mansur is a powerful man. He wears his turban with the dignity expected of a Sultan and he wears it well. The scimitar at his side is not ornamental. He is without a doubt the authority of Al-Andalus, but there are forces outside even his control.

Efimia absent-mindedly cuts a fresh pink rose from its bush and strips it of its thorns. The dinner, fretted over by servants closely regarded by Efimia herself, sits untouched on the table. The strings of her fine brocade bodice remain fastened. Loosely, but it will require at least a modicum of the Sultan's touch to let them fall free. Efimia's heart swells at the sight of him, and her head despairs at her powerlessness over him. Her Russian blood, long since used to the Mediterraenean climate of her native Bari, boils at the thought of him, the thought of their nights together. Alexandra, the fruit of those nights, deserves a brother. Al-Andalus itself deserves that brother no less. It will not have been Efimia's fault.

What goes on in that fine Andalusian head of his? What worries are so puissant that they detract a man from the wiles of a beautiful, intelligent and funny woman? What, indeed, causes a king to forsake his duty of progeny? The affairs of state are in order, the vassals are calm, the people are grateful. If it not a worldly matter that upsets her husband enough to spurn her touches, it must be a matter of the soul.

Efimia is new to this Arabic god, having been raised a Catholic in Italy herself. She, of course, converted when she accepted the Sultan's offer of marriage but the details of the learning of Allah elude her. Is he so cruel as to demand a man to chastise himself like her husband does? Does Islam lack the love of Jesus? Surely, it is not all about submission to His higher power? If it is, her cause is hopeless.

Efimia sighs, gets up and kisses her distracted husband on his cheek, just long enough to promise that much more. He fails to grasp the rose she hands him and it falls to the ground, unappreciated. She casts her eyes downward and leaves him to his designs in the most beautiful garden West of Italy.

(Three months later, Mansur dies by his own hand, unable to cope with the realities of this existence.)

Efimia:

Mansur:

(Pictures taken 1279.)

[Game effect: my awesome king, Mansur Dhu'l Nun, after having been de-depressed two sessions ago, gives in to his nature and becomes, in sequence, stressed and depressed (and consequently impotent) and kills himself. In spite of being in love with his prodigal, romantic, lustful Russian wife with whom he is in love. The idiot.]

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Fivoin View Post
    My playstyle is that of the cautious diplomat.
    I am mostly non-belligerent, mindful of the opinions of others and tend to use war as a means only when all else fail.
    I might forgive a wrong but I seldom forget them.
    This is the one and only correct answer . Also: *like*.
    (Apologies for the Facebookism.)

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    Midsession update: Byzantium, Persia, Denmark and Finland attack Russia! Bavaria intervenes on the evil side! Croatia takes forever to mobilise, attacks Byzantium, is badly defeated, begs for peace! Finland switches side mid-war! Stalemate in the Caucasus! Heavy fighting in Danish Pommerania! Crashes every eight months!
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Byzantium forces Croatia out of the war. Bavaria and Denmark hammer each other in Pommerania. Persia fights a long attritional struggle in the Caucasus; Russia offers peace. The Byzantine regiments released from the Croatian front march to the Black Sea!
    MP Megacampaigns :

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Croatia mobilizes to defend Russia! Rehost right as Polish troops reach the border! Remobilization to avoid morale bug! King dies and starts civil war! 8 months for Polish troops to reach border again! Finally DOW! Croatia wins border provinces! Pushed back after rehost and morale bug! Stalemate on the border and both parties agree to WP!
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

500k club

Well, it wasn't much of a victory, but Byzantium achieved its war aim, which was to be left alone to fight Russia, while Croatia didn't.

Of course, you're still welcome to set up some new war aims and join the righteous side as we struggle to rid the Crimea of Cossacks!
    MP Megacampaigns :

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Men View Post
    while Croatia didn't.
    I don't believe Croatia ever publicly stated its war aims?
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

500k club

If they weren't "Help our Russian ally", what the devil were you in the war for?
    MP Megacampaigns :

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    If they weren't "Help our Russian ally", what the devil were you in the war for?
    That was one of them, yes. And as for that particular war aim, is holding up the entire Greek army from advancing northward for 3 years not considered a success?
    Last edited by OrangeYoshi; 05-02-2011 at 20:26.

500k club

You were only fighting my Balkan troops, including of course the famed and fierce Lesbians. I admit that preventing the Lesbians from fighting in the Crimea must count as a success for you.
    MP Megacampaigns :

HoI AnthologyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

You were only fighting my Balkan troops, including of course the famed and fierce Lesbians. I admit that preventing the Lesbians from fighting in the Crimea must count as a success for you.
    I think I haven't seen a single Greek soldier while Croatia was in the war.

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by von_Rundstedt View Post
    I think I haven't seen a single Greek soldier while Croatia was in the war.
    I had troops in Abghazia until the Death Ray got them.
    MP Megacampaigns :

HoI AnthologyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

I had troops in Abghazia until the Death Ray got them.
    I thought you had them there until I wiped them out.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Mupdate session 29, yr 1287: The second Russian war!

Finland, Byz, Persia, Denmark launches war on Russia!
    Bavaria, Croatia, Andalus joins on Russian side!

Loire is sub and does nothing, but is allied to Bavaria.
    Egypt and Italy wait.

Finland is forced to switch sides!
    Croatia is forced to surrender a prov to Byz and peaces out!

Currently the war is on two fronts:
    In the North Sea Andalus and Bavaria press back Danes!
    In Crimea and Caucasus Russ press back against Byz and Persia!
    Last edited by FrozenWall; 12-02-2011 at 20:22.
    GM and Last of the Carolingians in:
    Sunday night MP Megacampaign: God Will Know His Own
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)
    Proprietor of one Lord Strange Cookie. , WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 6, 2011

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenWall View Post
    Croatia is forced to surrender a prov to Byz and peaces out!
    Woah woah woah. I can accept some exaggeration from KoM, but what's this? Neither one of us took a province in that war.

500k club

Karvuna. Hence I offered you peace "on the current borders".
    MP Megacampaigns :

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Karvuna. Hence I offered you peace "on the current borders".
    I didn't know you had taken any provinces...

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    Woah woah woah. I can accept some exaggeration from KoM, but what's this? Neither one of us took a province in that war.

korvuna?
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    I didn't know you had taken any provinces...
    Well. I must say it did not occur to me that you would not have noticed.
    MP Megacampaigns :

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIILost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2

Well. I must say it did not occur to me that you would not have noticed.
    hehe...And even if...

+ Reply to Thread