• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But came out ahead in the end if I remember correctly.

I dunno. He tried on last ditch backstab, which failed. Due to my awesome cheese.

(The theme system decision does somewhat help to make up for low base MP, assuming Croatia hasn't displaced KOM as Byz by the time you guys convert, but it is still not great land)

Like it has been said before, even if I do succeed, there is no Theme System for anyone.

So... I'm thinking another comic AAR depicting the brutality of the Greeks and heroism of the Grannies?

But anyway my point is that there is not much EU3 MP to speak of within KOM's borders, unless the base MP has been significantly changed from IN. For example, there are Russian 2-basetax backwater provs with more base MP than Constantinople.

As was noted, it's not as though I haven't tried to fix this. I held Italy at one point, which is quite good in EU3. And, indeed, I just tried to move my border up the Balkan coastline and got slapped down. :(

Like it has been said before, even if I do succeed, there is no Theme System for anyone.

I see. Sucks to be him, and/or you, then. Though I suspect not as much for you since you'll have more base MP unless you manage to lose Poland or a lot of the Balkans.

As was noted, it's not as though I haven't tried to fix this. I held Italy at one point, which is quite good in EU3. And, indeed, I just tried to move my border up the Balkan coastline and got slapped down. :(

Maybe you should ask Frosty for help since he promised to be friends with you now? :p After all if one superpower (Russia), is stymieing your growth, its not unprecedented to ask help from another.

Maybe you should ask Frosty for help since he promised to be friends with you now? :p After all if one superpower (Russia), is stymieing your growth, its not unprecedented to ask help from another.

I think international support is on the side of Croatia in this conflict. Getting Egypt to join would not improve the situation, quite the contrary.

Apart from that: People, play DW before you make any assumptions about the EU3 phase of this campaign. You can increase the manpower of a province by 6500 base manpower, not to mention the +50% modifier from buildings and +50% from national conscripts. If you go for it, you'll easily get more than 10,000 mp from every single province.

So, really, no more comments about the EU3 phase if your knowledge is based on IN/Httt. :p

Maybe you should ask Frosty for help since he promised to be friends with you now?

Yeas, of course I'm going to fight Russia over the balkans. Thats just sound strategy :p

So, really, no more comments about the EU3 phase if your knowledge is based on IN/Httt. :p

Actually no comments on EU DW either. Those buildings are bound to get balanced in the next couple of patches. ;)

They're not going to completely re-do them like they did between Httt and DW though.

Aye, but I expect the massive combined boons you can achieve with say ship prices on full naval, press gangs and highest lvl shipyard to be lessened somewhat.

So, where is the player rooster for EU3 and how do you put your name there? ;)

I think international support is on the side of Croatia in this conflict. Getting Egypt to join would not improve the situation, quite the contrary.

Apart from that: People, play DW before you make any assumptions about the EU3 phase of this campaign. You can increase the manpower of a province by 6500 base manpower, not to mention the +50% modifier from buildings and +50% from national conscripts. If you go for it, you'll easily get more than 10,000 mp from every single province.

That's one heck of a set of bonuses.

My understanding is that we'll have the European players in their current positions except that Golle will move to one of the three Chinas, since Finland obviously is not very well placed for EU3. (He may decide not to do this if Finland's power expands a lot, but this looks a bit unlikely.) Then Blayne will play another China, Dano will play the Maya, and Fasquardon expressed interest in (I think) the Congo. That leaves open (working from memory) the third China, Japan, the Tims, an Indo-Chinese power, an Indian power, an African power, and a South American power.

My understanding is that we'll have the European players in their current positions except that Golle will move to one of the three Chinas, since Finland obviously is not very well placed for EU3. (He may decide not to do this if Finland's power expands a lot, but this looks a bit unlikely.) Then Blayne will play another China, Dano will play the Maya, and Fasquardon expressed interest in (I think) the Congo. That leaves open (working from memory) the third China, Japan, the Tims, an Indo-Chinese power, an Indian power, an African power, and a South American power.

Technically its 2 China's and tibet as the third China is being left AI'ed as being significantly stronger then the other two.

"With DW, land has become pretty useless, unless you have the magistrates to build a lot of stuff in it. Russia currently converts with more land than it can possibly develop in 400 years..."

I'm certain that this isn't as bad or as problematic as you think it is, 400 years is roughly 1600 magistrates, you can probably max out infra in 100 or so provinces, or more strategically manage 200 if you ignored the government buildings past the first 1 and maybe ignored trade buildings; as ming wit averaged 2.6 magistrates I could handle all the buildings thus far just fine, with 4.1 per year there wont be any issue at all.