• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, suppose you tell the Russians to back off and we see who comes best out of it? We can start with the current position, with Croatian troops well into the Balkans. :)

2wohjer.jpg

[h2]King of Men! I challenge ye to a comic duel!!!!![/h2]

Wait, he's 12 and the little bugger has already spawned 6 bastards!?!

It has been calculated that Khan Awesome McAwesomepants begat his first bastard at 4.

Mongols are just that awesome.

So, I've had a look at some statistics, and they demonstrate rather nicely just how much you do not want to fight the Cataphracts on their home territory. These are the prewar manpower levels (from the 1267 save):

Russia: 464k
Croatia: 172k
Rome: 252k

Then, in 1271 after perhaps two years of fighting, these are the new levels. First the 'manpower' stat, then the number of men actually in the field:

Russia: 200k (45k)
Croatia: 42k (31k)
Rome: 134k (33k)

Observe, then, that something on the order of two hundred thousand Russians have died, one hundred thousand Croatians, and something like 80 thousand Romans. In other words, a four-to-one kill ratio. Gentlemen, noting that the morale bug means I can certainly chase your current field armies out of my borders, are you quite certain you wish to demand the Black Sea coast as a requirement for peace?

Observe, then, that something on the order of two hundred thousand Russians have died, one hundred thousand Croatians, and something like 80 thousand Romans. In other words, a four-to-one kill ratio. Gentlemen, noting that the morale bug means I can certainly chase your current field armies out of my borders, are you quite certain you wish to demand the Black Sea coast as a requirement for peace?

1) You already accepted the peace terms.

2) All three of us refused to rehost or end the session because it would cause the morale bug and mess up the war.

3) You can't go back on those decisions now.

4) Between the time of that save and the time you DOW'd, my steward died. My actual pre-war manpower was 125k, while my manpower at present is still at 70k. Don't inflate your numbers.

1) You already accepted the peace terms.

2) All three of us refused to rehost or end the session because it would cause the morale bug and mess up the war.

3) You can't go back on those decisions now.

Fair enough, but there is nothing stopping me from peacing out and re-DOWing. Would you like a lasting peace?

4) Between the time of that save and the time you DOW'd, my steward died. My actual pre-war manpower was 125k, while my manpower at present is still at 70k. Don't inflate your numbers.

Ok, 125k starting manpower, but this is what I see when I load up as Croatia:

CroatiaManpower.png

In addition to which comes your 30k in the field, as mentioned, making 70k total, for 50k Croatian casualties. Still a three-to-one kill ratio.

Last edited:
Observe, then, that something on the order of two hundred thousand Russians have died, one hundred thousand Croatians, and something like 80 thousand Romans. In other words, a four-to-one kill ratio.

If your armies are so good, stop bleeding territory and conquer some while you still can! :p

You're gonna suck in EU3 if you're just Anatolia and Greece. At least, unless they drastically upped that area's manpower in HTTT/Divine Wind. Otherwise, even Croatia will probably have more manpower than you.

It should be noted that All the Russias were led by the destroyer of nations. While we thank him that he saved the realm from AI madness, he's possibly not perfectly suited to wage a war. The Tsar will return next session!

If your armies are so good, stop bleeding territory and conquer some while you still can! :p

You're gonna suck in EU3 if you're just Anatolia and Greece. At least, unless they drastically upped that area's manpower in HTTT/Divine Wind. Otherwise, even Croatia will probably have more manpower than you.

With DW, land has become pretty useless, unless you have the magistrates to build a lot of stuff in it. Russia currently converts with more land than it can possibly develop in 400 years... probably Denmark and the Fatimids aswell.

currently converts with more land than it can possibly develop in 400 years... probably Denmark and the Fatimids aswell.

Unfortunately EU III Fatimids will be nowhere near as awesome as CK Fatimids, most my provs won't be worth building stuff in anyway :(

It should be noted that All the Russias were led by the destroyer of nations. While we thank him that he saved the realm from AI madness, he's possibly not perfectly suited to wage a war. The Tsar will return next session!

It is worth noting that although it's true that the Destroyer of Nations spent blood like water and wiped out half the Russian army, he nevertheless did manage to reach Constantinople and lay siege to it, which the Tsar never managed to do in the previous war when I was distracted by the Caliphate.

Nevertheless, I see my bluff has been called.

Won't there be a mind-numbing, number-crunching estimation of province wealth based on their CK-value? :cool:

Oh boy I have to testplay all these EU3 expansions sometime. With only my ancient EU3 vanilla experience Denmark will be going down. :D

Ack! Looks like you're going to have to buy them, too! What have you bee doing for the last year and a half?

Won't there be a mind-numbing, number-crunching estimation of province wealth based on their CK-value? :cool:

No.