• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok look. It's in principle possible that I killed a random Rurikovich and then forgot about it, perhaps in an effort to test whether an intrigue skill around 40 would allow me to assassinate someone without being caught. But I demand the credit for offing Rad Radomir, heir to the Duchy of Transylvania! He totally had it coming: He stood between a Komnenos Count (who turned out to be a disloyal little bitch, but that's a separate issue) and a Dukedom. That's practically natural causes, that is. You even asked me about it at the time! "Hey KoM," quoth you, "what's with killing my guy?" "Who, me?" I responded, but this was not intended to be taken seriously. So we have witnesses to the crime (your popup); we have motive (inheritance), we have method (40 adjusted Intrigue), we have opportunity (well duh, I showed up for the session - I mean, the 'Send Assassin' option is right there in the interface) and now, b'God, we have the confession of the perpetrator! Just what does it take to get a jury to convict around here?

I have no objections for fasquardon playing the Dagun. He of all has most experiences for Mongols in megagampaings anyways :D

Absent players demand a map! :mad:

Looking at the save KoM got whuped in a war (but it appears he will not have to surrender much) and the mongols took 5 more provs from Persia.

On that note, you and KoM have not gotten back to me on the last round of talks over our NAP. You know, the one that would prevent me from using your precarious situation against you and contains a clause for helping out against nomadic incursions. ;)

Last edited:
Ok look. It's in principle possible that I killed a random Rurikovich and then forgot about it, perhaps in an effort to test whether an intrigue skill around 40 would allow me to assassinate someone without being caught.

That was exactly it, because you then complained that you couldn't even assassinate someone discreetly with 40 intrigue.

Looking at the save KoM got whuped in a war (but it appears he will not have to surrender much) and the mongols took 5 more provs from Persia.

He asked for a map, not words.

We asked for maps, not words telling us nothing has changed.

Mupdate session 27, the year 1271: In which the cartographers can't be arsed.

accuratemap.jpg

With reservation for various rebels, geographical accuracy, etc.

In this session lots of people were absent,
(apparently including KoM's nearterm memory concerning Croatias allies....)

Last edited:
Croatia occupied more territory than Russia. :mad:

I refer you to the clause of reservation you will find attached to the visual representation of your military campaign.

Looking at the save KoM got whupped in a war

I got perhaps a little overconfident about the ability of Russia to project power into the Balkans, yes. I observe that Ike still lost something on the order of sixty thousand men, without even engaging my troops. As for Croatia, it turns out most of my troops are in Anatolia and most of his are right on the Balkan border. Observe that I still overran the said border before Russia invaded.

Observe that I still overran the said border before Russia invaded.

Which will make for good reading, I am sure. :)

However, you and Foels still have not responded to the NAP discussions, and my mind weaves paranoid webs of possible intrigue..

However, you and Foels still have not responded to the NAP discussions, and my mind weaves paranoid webs of possible intrigue..

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity... or laziness.

Observe that I still overran the said border before Russia invaded.

False. Perhaps you've heard about not throwing men into a hopeless situation. You took me be surprise. I didn't have a single regiment mobilized. I Grand Mobbed as soon as the DOW came in, and collected my troops in Northern Hungary. After launching the successful counter-strike, no Greek regiment ever set foot in Croatia again. The Grannies lost two battles during the war, and one of those were just to delay the Greek forces so they could be crushed by a reinforcement army.

Croatia occupied more territory than Russia. :mad:

Silence! First Russian Regiment of Tobruk Six was about to land in Southern Greek just before KoM begged for peace. Thus making the Russians being superior.

False. Perhaps you've heard about not throwing men into a hopeless situation. You took me be surprise. I didn't have a single regiment mobilized. I Grand Mobbed as soon as the DOW came in, and collected my troops in Northern Hungary. After launching the successful counter-strike, no Greek regiment ever set foot in Croatia again. The Grannies lost two battles during the war, and one of those were just to delay the Greek forces so they could be crushed by a reinforcement army.

Dude, you are missing the point here: Of course there were no Croatian troops anywhere nearby. That's why I was able to overrun the disputed borderlands. That you had a strategy for counterattack changes nothing; without Russian intervention occupying all my Anatolian troops, you would have been crushed.

Dude, you are missing the point here: Of course there were no Croatian troops anywhere nearby. That's why I was able to overrun the disputed borderlands. That you had a strategy for counterattack changes nothing; without Russian intervention occupying all my Anatolian troops, you would have been crushed.

Lies. Lies and slander!