• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Um, yes. Although I don't know how Russia doesn't have the Lower Dnieper. They have for decades.

Either KoM sniped it or it was inherited. In any case it is now the property of Russia once again. And the major point is that i got my first revenge on KoM.

20100915_revenge_one.jpg

How so? (I don't play CK, so this thing is mostly a mystery to me)
Well in CK you don´t play countries per definition, you play dynasties.
There are various inheritance laws from which you can select and elective law is one of them. An extremely risky one.
For example: Had KoM´s king died at a certain point during the session the successor would not have been a Komnenus but some other guy, which would have meant that KoM would not have been allowed to continue playing as Byzantion, but would have been forced to play some turkish Duchy that still was ruled by a Komnenus. Luckily for him the evil assassins failed.

Um, yes. Although I don't know how Russia doesn't have the Lower Dnieper. They have for decades.

Random inheritance during the session.

So the peace treaty is:

Black Sea coast to Croatia
Lower Dnieper to Russia
Otherwise pre war borders?

Well, it is worth noting that 'prewar' actually includes the Duchy of Transylvania to Byzantium, since the inheritance (which was, ah, not as random as the Lower Dniepr one) occurred before the war. OY is also demanding the return of the Duchy.

I weep for our poor Orthodox brethren in Nikopolis, for whose sake we have spent blood and treasure. :(

Funny you should say that. In fact, Byzantion declared unilateral and unprovoked war on Croatia just now.

What do you mean, 'unprovoked'? They are Croatia! That's provocation right there!

Random inheritance during the session.

Well, it is worth noting that 'prewar' actually includes the Duchy of Transylvania to Byzantium, since the inheritance (which was, ah, not as random as the Lower Dniepr one) occurred before the war. OY is also demanding the return of the Duchy.

I weep for our poor Orthodox brethren in Nikopolis, for whose sake we have spent blood and treasure. :(

Well then the Duchy shall be returned to him as well! Your war was unjust and unprovoked! Pay the price.

Incidentally, oddman, I trust you intend to return Nikomedeia to its rightful owner?

Right, yeah:

Duchy of Transylvania returned to Croatia.
Black Sea Coast that was demanded in the last war given to Croatia (4 provinces, I believe)
Lower Dnieper returned to Russia (1 province, I believe)
Pre-war borders otherwise.

A threat at whose expense is this, precisely ;)?
It´s not a threat at all, just a statement.
Even without taking assassins into account there is always a random chance of your current ruler dying, no matter his age and health.
So if a player has time-windows where he has a non-dynasty heir he is literally gambling with his life.

Kolibri did, of course, try to up my odds a bit, by sending assassins while I fought for my life against the invaders.

Sadly, my Diplomatic Reality Distortion Field seems to have stopped working. :(

I don't think so? I sniped a Radomir, but the Russian inheritance chains didn't look very tempting.

1) There needs to be a mongol threat to keep Russia on its toes

2) Dagun is just too damn cool and deserves many AARs written about him

3) I hereby volunteer to play the mongols (for CK only mind)

:D

fasquardon

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Ahh, you're just scared of me. Doesn't Russia have around 3 times the manpower of the Mongol horde? Not counting that you won't be so hamstrung by the morale bug?

fasquardon

Why should I be scared of something that's not going to happen? ;D

You've just gotten fat and lazy, what with the game having no credible threat to you.

Where is the von Rundstedt who build the most powerful nation in Europe starting with a one province minor? That von Runny would never be such a yeller belly. :p

fasquardon

You've just gotten fat and lazy, what with the game having no credible threat to you.

Where is the von Rundstedt who build the most powerful nation in Europe starting with a one province minor? That von Runny would never be such a yeller belly. :p

fasquardon

Nah, I'm permanently threatened by half of Europe when I move even one finger. Or when I don't even move a finger. Or when I'm attacked. Or when I'm not even playing.

And where's the Fasquadron who kept Europe scared/annoyed enough to leave me alone? He left! That's right!

In that spirit:

NO U

Nah, I'm permanently threatened by half of Europe when I move even one finger.

Oh, that's why you rarely post anything.

Ok, people, he is typing out three whole sentences! Clearly he has plans for taking us all over. Let's get him first!