• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
King of Men;12023935[* said:
For customising the nations, we use an auction system. First we calculate a Dynastic-Glory-like score; note that it's weighted differently, not exactly equal to DG, even though we often refer to it as 'DG'. These points are then used to bid for national decisions that are tag-specific in vanilla (with a few of the most powerful, like the Theme System, removed), slider moves, starting prestige/legitimacy/papal influence, starting magistrates/colonists/etc, bonus tech levels, and starting as elector and/or emperor of the HRE.

Do those of us in the ROTW get DG to spend on this sort of thing, or is customization for the rest of us dealt with differently?

fasquardon

Mupdate session 28 yr 1283: in which Malta is regained

session28yr1283.jpg

In this session:

Persia gets greener colour, denoting new non-evil status and appeases Alexandrian cartographers who had muchly protested against how the colour black had been screwing up provincial borderlines.

Fatimids and Russians have vassal troubles.
Fatimid heir revolts just as he is about to inherit, screwing up inheritance.

Loire-Roman border is mended

Treasonous Finns annex Österbotten Fatimids and move royal court into Saracen Palace of al-Mustasaari! This shall not soon be forgotten! :mad:

Abbasids crush the Mongols, 20.000 Fatimid troops are sent as moral support.
Russia uses opportunity to snatch rich and nominally Abbasid Bukhara from Mongols.

Ingenious diplomatic and dynastic maneuvering allows Fatimids and Andalusis to gain Barcelona and Malta!

Last edited:
Do those of us in the ROTW get DG to spend on this sort of thing, or is customization for the rest of us dealt with differently?

fasquardon

At the moment ROTW nations are only customised in the sense of being buffed by Dano's savegame editing. There have been suggestions to give them some DG and allow them to participate in the auction; I have not yet decided against doing so, but I also have not implemented it - it needs a smidgen of extra coding since the converter generally ignores anything non-European.

Are you asking me, or Ike? :D

If you were asking me, I do spend quite a bit of time thinking about this game, so it stays fresh in my memory. Also, if you don't remember it, how can you be confident that I've got it right? Maybe I just wrote the history book and now you remember what I said about it, instead of what actually happened. "History shall be kind to me, for I shall write it." :)

Hah I was on the receiving end of such historical changes last campaign.

Also, what about France KoM? One of the prime movers in the campaign to keep the balance. I feel left out.

Also, what about France KoM? One of the prime movers in the campaign to keep the balance. I feel left out.

You don't say to much, I never seem to know where you are 1st hand.

If you were, it was very much behind the scenes as far as I could see. I exchanged PMs with Fivoin, Jakalo, and Michael discussing intervention, but not with you.

Well, it didn't seem to me that Loire was in a position to put much pressure on Russia and the Caliphate. What were you going to do, invade al-Andalus?

If you supported intervention behind the scenes, excellent, you have my gratitude; I'm just saying I didn't know it at the time.

What were you going to do, invade al-Andalus?

I know you play as a heartless illoyal bastard KoM, but invading ones longtime ally does put pressure on most people. :p

gawfurpaint.jpg

Can we get the religions and cultures of the world?

I know the true and Eastern Rome, Mordor and West Rome are all Orthodox.

I know that Sunni Islam is basically dead in these parts.

I know the Danelaw, Bavaria and maybe Loire follow the Papists.

What about the irrelevant reindeer incest enthusiasts and the grey grannies?

The grannies are Catholic, hoping to convert to Orthodox.

Also, I think this is a good time to bring up the War of Vidin, in which I got rid of an Abbasid Muslim ruling the Islamic province of Vidin.

Why do you want to convert to Orthodoxy? I mean, apart from it being the True Faith and thus enabling you to avoid eternal hellfire. Since that argument hasn't been very persuasive for the past 300 years, I expect you have some sort of sneaky strategic reason.

Oh FrozenWall!
2550v9f.gif

Treasonous Finns annex Österbotten Fatimids and move royal court into Saracen Palace of al-Mustasaari! This shall not soon be forgotten!

Well...

Frosty in Ederon PM said:
It would seem KoM has maneuvered the little runt Malhaz Komnenus, count of Laodikea into position to inherit Cyprus. I would prefer he did not

My response said:
Ok. Ill need to get one good spymaster on the row, but I think I can manage it, despite my characters low age/intrigue...
As for the cost, I would like to get egypt to look elsewhere IF I get into some sort of annexation deeds in Pohjanmaa / östrabotten (a fatimid is ruling there as my rebelious disloyal vassal) and some 750 ducates for the running expenses.

Frosty's reponse said:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Frosty said:
It would seem KoM has maneuvered the little runt Malhaz Komnenus, count of Laodikea into position to inherit Cyprus. I would prefer he did not

Malhaz Komnenus
met his end nailed to a door with a varangian axe to the head, after you had taken to long getting a spymaster on line. You assassinated some other usurpers who came after him. Thus your actions were illegal and the Calipha demands the return of Österbotten to it's rightful owners! :mad:

Can we get the religions and cultures of the world?

all the Muslims are Shia Arabs, Greeks and Rus are Orthodox, Croats want to be Orthodox, rest peaceful Papists with culture corresponding to country.

Greater Orthodox Military Liability or Get Off My Lawn (GOML)!

Stay out of Persia and everybody will be fine :cool:

Last edited:
which third rate power is that again?