• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wasn't that the one where Denmark raided and pillaged whole Germany just to got one province in peace deal ?

Indeed there was, something has to be done against the Viking Menace! Death! Death to the Dane-King!

Indeed there was, something has to be done against the Viking Menace! Death! Death to the Dane-King!

Isn't he actually the most fair player in the game? I mean he totally defeated Germany and only wanted one province. The rest of you guys, semi defeat each others and demand up to a third of the defeated nations lands....

Isn't he actually the most fair player in the game? I mean he totally defeated Germany and only wanted one province. The rest of you guys, semi defeat each others and demand up to a third of the defeated nations lands....

I see we have conveniently forgotten that one time he annexed a player. No provokation or anything, just landed in brittain and annexed him, pure powergrab. Skillfull play I must say, but if we are to compare he is the worst of us. ;)

Of course there was provocation; Golle viciously provoked him by blatantly holding land he wanted. We all saw it. If that's not provocation I'd like to know what is.

I see we have conveniently forgotten that one time he annexed a player. No provokation or anything, just landed in brittain and annexed him
While I appreciate AARs being used as "propaganda" to twist facts in whatever direction the writer wants them twisted,
making up blatant lies to smear fellow player´s reputations isn´t exactly good style. Especially if it´s not even in AAR form but OOC.

facts:
- I landed in Britain and grabbed loads of territory there (almost all of it from the AI, very little from Gwynedd)
- Gwynedd´s prospects to make the jump from "insignificant minor" to "medium power" were very grim mostly due to me (although at that time there was still AI territory in southwest france and northern iberia up for grabs -as shown by the caliphate´s very own cartographers-, so it wasn´t totally impossible either)
- at no point did I take a significant amount of territory from Gwynedd by force (my peaceoffer in Gwynedd´s last war was commented by more or less neutral Russia as "somewhat generous")

On a completely different note I would like to remind my fellow western european comrades that peace is not a sin. Don´t force us into a destructive war just because "they" demand it.

While I do not believe in forcing war, we really need some action outside of the Eastern Mediterranean. The Catholic Powers have been too quiet.

By the way, since West Rome has Germans, Occitans and Italians (and some Greeks in the South), what is the official culture of the West Romans?

blatant lies to smear fellow player´s reputations isn´t exactly good style. Especially if it´s not even in AAR form but OOC.

I fail to see how calling you and excellent player calls your character into question. As for the wales bussinsess I am simply stating things as I've seen them. Granted things that happen close to me are slanted because I have an inherent Caliphate bias, and stuff that happens far away may be inacurate simply because I was not paying attention and get my information 3rd hand. Alls I know is we had a Brittish player and a Scandinavian player, then there was a war, and then you held all that land. When you landed in the isles you must have understood there would be a fight to the bitter end, as happened. That makes you an player capable of extreme agression, as I assume you did not plan to hold half the isles and realized Golle could not reasonably accept you there. That is a playstyle, much like KoM's playstyle is belligerent and opportunistic or mine boisterous and conniving, none of which reflects on your character in any way. Sure I may very well have missjudged you, or your style may change over the game, I wouldn't know to well as I don't pay sufficient attention to northern europe. If you want a more acurate picture then give us updates yourself.

I reserve however the right to shake my fist in your general direction over that Alexandria bussiness. :D

On a completely different note I would like to remind my fellow western european comrades that peace is not a sin.

Let this be the first Mega-Campaign with 500 years of peace NAP's for everyone!

Last edited:
When you landed in the isles you must have understood there would be a fight to the bitter end, as happened. That makes you an player capable of extreme agression, as I assume you did not plan to hold half the isles and realized Golle could not reasonably accept you there. That is a playstyle
True and I do not object any comments aimed at that nor do I even have a vastly different opinion of my playstyle than you have. ;)
However annexing a player nation also sets a precedent and I do not want to have to stand for that precedent unless I actually committed such a deed.
Bully a player nation, yes, I give you that, but annexing is just incorrect.

Bully a player nation, yes, I give you that, but annexing is just incorrect.

Chased out of his nation and took his remaining lands then :)

I wouldn't call the wars in the isles as "proper war" becouse of the bug-fest that made the completely unmanagable chaos...
But in non game-play level it was a total war of only victory or total anhilation in stake.

the other western war, when I subbed Germany/HRE and got gangbanged from every direction, went lot more smoothly in technicall aspect and was kinda fun.

Btw, I intend of probably writing and drawing an AAR in the manga art style, so if each person could summarize themselves and their playstyles in about a paragraph that would be good/cool.

Now I don't gaurantee I'll follow it especially when my impression differs significantly from your self perception of yourself but I will attempt to use it as a guideline.

so if each person could summarize themselves and their playstyles in about a paragraph that would be good/cool.

Look cute and small = they think you are harmless... wich unfortuanetly you are :(

Btw, I intend of probably writing and drawing an AAR in the manga art style, so if each person could summarize themselves and their playstyles in about a paragraph that would be good/cool.

I'm way too paranoid to give any hints at all as to how I play!

The point is that:
1) Dagun is cool, and someone needs to write AARs about him.
This AAR is, as of yet, unapproved by the GM. If KoM wishes so, I will delete this post.

Legacy of Khan​

Dagun was furious.

One defeat! All it took to shatter the empire he had been building for half his life was one loss in a battle against westerners. Khwarezmia, Uyghurs, Tartars and the Chinese proclaimed independence. After Karakorum rebelled, it seemed like every village between Bukhara and Korea was a home to a new leader. Some of these "khans" were five times his age. Some were too fat, or too ill to stay on the horse. Nowsh, he even heard about a blind pretender! These stories stirred Dagun's proud blood. And the betrayal from his anda, blood brothers, boiled it.

Before the fall, Dagun was the head of a continent-spanning empire. His every word was written down to become yassa, law. His messangers travelled between China and Europe in 5 weeks. Tributary monarchs from all the known world sent Dagun leopards, camels, falcons, jewelry and spices. Tens of thousands of riders devotingly listened to his every order. Nations trembled with fear when the news of his arrival spread.

Before the fall, Dagun had the most amazing harem. Women from every realm he had already conquered and beyond were to his every bidding. They would sing to him, read him stories, and sometimes, when Dagun felt like it, they held his hand. Toghtoga, one of his anda, wasn't happy about that, every time it happened he would take a girl to his tent and beat her. At least Dagun assumed he did so, they screamed a lot while inside, and looked flustered upon exiting. Despite his cruelty Toghtoga was a good warrior. He also helped to take care of Dagun's numerable children, and there were quite a few of them. Whole tribe was jealous as well as proud of their Khan's virility - he could impregnate a woman simply by holding her hand!

But that was before the fall. Right now Dagun's horde was splintered, his yurt burned, his horse killed and his dignity taken. He should have foreseen it. He should have noticed when Toghtoga, Takhai and Dawlat, these sons of goat, started dressing like westerners and covering themselves in gold. His anda grew spoiled, decadent and lazy with all the plunder from razed cities, but who could guess that they would sell their own kin to Persians! Nowsh! The westerners apparently knew about all of horde's weaknesses. Surprise attack disallowed many of Dagun's warriors to even mount a horse, close encirclement made archery useless, and hordes of storming undead reminded his shamanistic brethen about a certain myth. A myth in which angered ancestors, devoid of proper burial, have risen against their sons. As an afterthought, during his march west he really should have stopped more often to allow carrying of proper rites for the fallen.

mongols13.jpg

Dagun's tactical retreat

Heading northward with his bow broken, on a stolen horse, Dagun couldn't help but wonder how will his life look tomorrow. He wasn't meant to die - he was sure, spirits told him that - but he was leading the horde since he was 6. He didn't knew what else could he do with his horde gone. Dagun sped up the hill and roughly pulled the reins. In his mind uncertain tomorrow was instantly replaced by unlucky today.

Another army! A bigger one, too! At first Dagun expected more zombies - the Persian cohorts proved inexhaustible. However, even though the soldiers filled the horizon, they carried different banners. After a careful look Dagun was almost sure he saw a heart. That was a bad sign. One of the tribes he conquered ripped their enemies hearts and offered them as sacrifice to their blood god. These westerners were likely to do the same.

Dagun was tired of running. He was the Khan after all, and even without a horde it obliged. He raised his sabre and prepared to die in battle - not against undead, and with his pants on this time. Letting out a heartily roar he charged forward. Surprised foot soldiers looked taken aback when he approached. He heard a shout: "Stop! In the name of Love!", ignored it, and then everything went black.

Look cute and small = they think you are harmless... wich unfortuanetly you are :(

:p

I'm way too paranoid to give any hints at all as to how I play!

Curiously I have no real idea of how you play. To the outside you always seem to follow on KoM's lead, but clearly it would be folly to think you did not have an independent thought process. A shadowy figure the Persian..

As for myself I base my style for this game partially on the IRL Fatimid claim of infalliability and partially on the blunt sneakyness of the Shia Hassassin cult. Boisterous and Proud with an affinity for nondirect means of getting ahead. Also: the Fez. :D

He heard a shout: "Stop in the name of Love!"

And here I was expecting:

[video=youtube;7i9ozy739c8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i9ozy739c8[/video]

Last edited: