• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Foelsgaard said:
Reactionary. Pah! You have continually and dishonorably stolen land from me without provocation while i am wrecked by AI-induced instability. The so called offer of "free return", involved me giving up ancestral Abbasid claims to the Duchy of Jerusalem, something that was not tolerable considering that manner in which it was stolen. That place saw Persian rule long before the any Fatimid ever set foot there.
Pshaw, it was part of the Fatimid realm at game start and my ally when you attacked it.

I thought you are a different dynasty than the AI Fatimids? :confused:

History of Polarian Empire and it's magnificent cavalry​

Ah my little but mighty cavalry that is the second most experienced and highly trained in the whole world only beaten by the Roman horses. I, Manfred Tilius have breed to most valuable horses in the Poland and the best hardy horsemen to ride those horses. Due to our extensive research on cavalry warfare and the importance of cavalry tactics in a battle we have managed to rise trough the ranks. The Polarians are not just some minor people living between two big kingdoms without any idea of what is going on but indeed Polarians are better than that because there are so many behind our cavalry that we are just better than those others.
Krzyzac3.jpg

All our horses are steeds and even though some say that steeds are unpredictable, i myself prefer steeds as they are glorious and magnificent just like me, Manfred Tilius, Dominar of Polarian Empire. Not only do our horses look good but so does our riders. They are wearing the the finest clothes there and their cloaks are made out of leopard hide brought from Egypt. Of course much money is poured in to them and to raise the quantity of the horsemen but still the same amount of gold is spend to make sure that their quality matches the numbers.
Hussarme.jpg

Our horsemen have even gained experience while they killed off rebels in Danzig after some pagan army wandered inside our borders. No Polarian men or women were killed but all of the pagans were annihilated. Once again the Polarians have proved to be superior to those of lesser race. We Polarians have existed for thousands of years on this planet and we shall exists for millions more. Our race and people are destined for greatness but there are so many things to consider that perhaps our time to rise has not come yet but perhaps soon we shall rise from our homelands to greatness. Like our ancestors before us came from the stars we shall reach out to them to fulfill their wish and the destiny that they have given to us. Polaria shall be the center of the world where cultures meet to trade, socialize and to breed. All people of the world will become known as Polarians but still there are many cultures that must be cherished, just like the Gods have wished it.

Yes we can!/URL]

Manfred walked trough the corridors of his castle to meet with his advisors and court members. He wanted to disscuss about the future of the Polarian Empire with them to see if they saw things as he did. He wanted to know what they thought about Danes, Bavarians and Mordor. As well as the Croats that were their southern border friends.

When he arrived at his throne room he was greeted with a thunderous applauses due to his great success in defeating the pagans in Danzig. It was only been a minor conflict but there had been none since the days that the old kings gave up Polaria to the Danes. He bowed and walked to his chair and before sitting down he said. "Welcome to this meeting. I shall be brief and bold in my words so we can all go back to our little hobbies and doings." He sat down and so did the others. "So what do you think about our current situation?" he asked. Before any one could answer a messanger rushed in to the room yelling. "They have come, they have come my lord" Manfred stood up and ran to the boy. "Where are they?" he asked. "Just behind the apple tree on the north east courtyard" the boy said. "Take care of his boy and no one shall interrupt me in atleast two hours." Manfred said and walked out of the room.

I thought you are a different dynasty than the AI Fatimids? :confused:

Game wise our dynasties are custom creations, the Komnenids for ex exist in both custom Komnenid* and vanilla Komnenid form. Aar wise the vanilla Fatimids are simply a rival branch of the family who have been politically outmaneuvered, not a different dynasty.

They are wearing the the finest clothes there and their cloaks are made out of leopard hide brought from Egypt.

All part of the Caliphates sly plan to build up R'lyeh's rivals for The Great Russian Landgrab... :D

Speaking of which, what evil pop culture reference would the peanuts wish I use for Russia next mupdate?

Game wise our dynasties are custom creations, the Komnenids for ex exist in both custom Komnenid* and vanilla Komnenid form. Aar wise the vanilla Fatimids are simply a rival branch of the family who have been politically outmaneuvered, not a different dynasty.

All part of the Caliphates sly plan to build up R'lyeh's rivals for The Great Russian Landgrab... :D

Speaking of which, what evil pop culture reference would the peanuts wish I use for Russia next mupdate?

Klingons? Romulans? Geths? Russians? Ryssät? Goaulds ?

And here I thought you were Orthodox Greeks and not Islamic Turks.

Ssssh, you're giving my Turkmen infiltrators away!

can't really claim the title "Rome." Perhaps a better moniker would be "Half France?"

When confused about who are 'true Romans' betting your money on the ones who speak Latin is usually a good idea...

Last edited:
I'm just saying, if you have a Sublime Porte, you may as well have a Divan, Vizirs, Janissaries, etc. Hardly very Greek OR Roman.

Yes, that is kinda the point of my devious greek culture removal campaign, now shhhh!

When confused about who are 'true Romans' betting your money on the ones who speak Latin is usually a good idea...

I think you are a little confused by the geography of Western Europe. It's an easy mistake to make; Rome is the eternal capital of the Roman Empire; which stretches from Italy to Anatolia. Rhone is a river in the South of France whose valley is inhabited by a small cartel of German sausage magnates. The Roman Empire occupies the first; Demi-France occupies the second.

But you aren't Turkik either!

Many Turkmen have been loyal subjects of the Caliphate for quite some time, serving as spies or soldiers in the mamluk corps and holding Bukara in the Caliphas name. After the inevitable end of the Greeks the Calipha has entertained the idea of granting them Anatolia to lord over as reward...

Rome is the eternal capital of the Roman Empire

And its latin population unfortunately occupied by effeminate barbarians with delusions of ethnicity. The Romans have never been greek, no matter what propaganda Byzantion splutters. The Romans were a different people who invaded and occupied greece, making its people servants and slaves. The only position where a greek can do even a sliver of good.

Some men hold dogs as pets. A dog taken into a family sometimes believes it is in fact a man, that does not make it so. When the master is gone his dog may consider himself the true ruler of the house, it does not make it so. And when a dog bites his master there is only one recourse for him...

Last edited:
I think you are a little confused by the geography of Western Europe. It's an easy mistake to make; Rome is the eternal capital of the Roman Empire; which stretches from Italy to Anatolia. Rhone is a river in the South of France whose valley is inhabited by a small cartel of German sausage magnates. The Roman Empire occupies the first; Demi-France occupies the second.

To wit, you are correct that the Rhone is a river is the South of France. But Rome is the first city in Christendom, and spiritually it holds authority over all Christians. Though its secular nature is up for debate perhaps, certainly as to its Ruler, as the premier seat of power for the church, there can be no debate. Additionally, you can see that the Byzantines have no true claim to the title of Roman Emperor as that is a title which requires the Supreme Pontiff's approval. Thus by rejecting the Papal See, the greeks are rejecting their claims of Romaness and their pretentisions to any sort of history or world empire. If they were to return to orthodoxy and orthopraxy, then they can claim to truly be inheiritors of the Roman tradition. As it stands, we are concerned about the Greco-Turkik barbarians who refuse to do justice to the right order of the world.

The main point is, Rome is eternal and not subject to the whim and fashion of overdressed Greeks. Only once they acknowledge their own place in history can they truly be said to understand the lesson that was the Empire.

Let us be clear: There is an ethnicity, 'Hellene', living in geographical Greece, and an ethnicity (which is also a language), 'Latin', living in geographical Italy. Nobody claims that Hellenes are Latins; that would be absurd. However, there is additionally a citizenship, a set of rights and duties, which in the Greek is referred to as 'Romaioi'. To be a Roman citizen requires no claim of blood, although descent is the most common way to acquire it. Citizenship may be extended to anyone found worthy of the honour, whatever his ethnicity, religion, or station. So: Neither Hellenes nor Lombards are Latins; however, most Hellenes (not all, in that a few are unfortunately under infidel rule) are Romaioi, while very few Lombards are Romaioi. Further, the legitimate Senate of Rome currently has its seat in Constantinople. The existence of Roman citizenship cannot be expunged while the state survives in any form; accidents of geography are quite irrelevant. If the infidel were tomorrow to lay siege to Constantinople, and God were to see fit to punish the Roman people for its sins and cause them to be driven forth, and they sailed south to the very tip of Africa and there established a city, then they would still be the true Rome, and they would still be citizens, provided that their God-given rights and duties were not changed. Rome is not a place; it is an idea and an ideal. The saying, "An Emperor who does not hold Rome is only another rebel," does not refute this; it describes the realities of secular power within the Roman state, which has nothing to do with who is a Roman citizen.

As for 'Sublime Porte', you'll observe that the term is French and not Turkic. It refers, in my usage and not the hypothetical-anachronistic usage of some future that might have been possible in 1066 but has now been definitely averted, to Constantinople's position as the gate between Europe and Asia, and also the gate between the Mediterranean and Black Seas.

Well, I am not a peanut but Russia should obviously be called North East Rome. The true North Rome is of course Denmark while Loire can be North West Rome. Bavaria is Semi-North Semi-West Rome and I do not know whether Egypt claims to be South Rome.

Rome is the new black?

All the cool kids want to be known as Rome?