• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You're recognizing the imposters as Byzantium now?

I refer to the realm who's current capital is Byzantion, if you do not like the nomclementure there are remedies you no doubt will try. ;)

Last edited:
This doesn't really seem to have been a gangbang at all (from Frozen's description)
Germany signalled surrender exactly one second after the dow, so go figure.

First of all Germany had both realm duress and was subbed by a player who was not familiar with the country (and claims to be "bad" at fighting CK wars to boot).
Secondly Al Andalus did not peace "early", but after Germany was defeated. So Egypts glorious 1 vs 1 becomes a 2 vs 1-in-extremely-bad-shape already.
Thirdly Denmark might have been in theory able to hold off Bavaria somewhat, but that did not actually happen in the game since my fighting commitment was rather limited (1-second-surrender, remember ?).
To be fair though, Bavaria´s fighting commitment was not that huge either from what I could tell when the area was visible for me due to a vassalsniping. So let´s count Bavaria as half.
So the core conflict goes from Egypt´s glorious 1 vs 1 to an actual 2.5 vs 1-in-extremely-bad-shape.

Then there was the Croatia vs Byzantion conflict which was indeed almost 1 vs 1 (with some Persians assisting Byzantion and some useless Danish troops that arrived way too late*). But keep in mind that Byzantion has a considerable advantage over Croatia in sheer number of overall troops.

Fun fact: The overall campaign was designed by the attacking side so they thought that they still would win if additionally to the actual combattants both France and Russia intervened on the defending side. But both Russia and France were absent.
So if the defending side would have had any chance of winning the actual war that would have meant a massive miscalculation on the attacking side regarding their abilities to win the "planned" conflict.
And you can safely assume they don´t have the horrendously bad skill required for that miscalculation.

*but at least wiped the floor with the Roman army they encountered: (note that I did not take a screen at the start of the battle, so it was already well underway in "1.")

rome.jpg

rome2.jpg

Oh good lord, not a rambling moral sermon.

Germany signalled surrender exactly one second after the dow, so go figure.

This was when only I was at war with him. 300.000 men landed on his shores in strategical concentration, the majority of his forces not having a chance to link up. Add 100.000 more in reserve, and with his 270.000 he concluded he was screwed but fought valiantly untill his armies were destroyed none the less. It was 1v1, if only because the others could not get there before I had defeated him.

Had there been crashes and moralebugs this would have been a completely different story, but threre were none.

bla bla Egypts glorious was actually bla bla

Was I boasting? Who said anything about glorious? I said competently planed and executed. It turned out my allies were not needed, but that does nothing to my claim of competent planing..?

*but at least wiped the floor with the Roman army they encountered

Speaking of boasting ;)

Fun fact:

People don't start wars they unless they think they can win?! Say it ain't so Ma! :eek:

I thought I was up against half the map, with crashes and moralebugs galore, and I planed accordingly. It turned out the session we decided to go on ended up not having the whole crew, I did not see any reason for me to sit and wait for Jakalo to regain his mp and do bad things to me.

I note also Jakalos situation is largely analogous to my own not too long ago. Only there were more of you, and you took more from me. Perhaps your complaints would have held more water had you and Jakalo not been part of that coalition yourselves. Also I note Jakalo was given fair warning of what was going on, continually, and was offered many an oportunity to be friends should he be willing to give back Sicily.

From December 4: after I got ganged
Frosty said:
The loss of Sicily, one of my core duchies, was a harsh blow and one I cannot reasonably accept. [...]
Your neighbors call for a coalition against you[...]
I ask therefore for the return of the duchies of Sicily and Mallorca, in return for a defensive alliance, or whatever else you believe appropriate for a renewed amicable relationship.

All the way up to February 20: 1 week before this war
So, lacking other avenues, and as you did not accept my alternatives for surrendering my aspirations on Sicily we come back down to this. I know you will wish to characterize it as "threats and blackmail", but it is in all honesty an attempt to gain a livable arrangement in the Med. I claim neither Corsica, nor Sardinia, but the only 5 remaining arab provs. These are provs that hold quite some emotional attachment and value to me, having been hard gained and part of my demesne not only for centuries but for quite some time in IRL and aar-wise.

It seems we will not have peace while they are occupied, and you have presented no reparative alternative for me. It is in neither my nor your best interest to fight eachother, our levels of power being far to close and alliance networks being comparable. If we continue like this you will invariably suffer troubles at one point or another and as our new #1 there will be little remorse in carving you up. At that point it would be preferable for you to have me at your side, rather than as yet another vulture. Thus what I offer you is not blackmail, as I cannot well threaten you with hostilities we are already engaged in, but a proposition to trade an enemy for a friend and with it near total security in your future endeavors.

Now thats bloody fair warning sez I!

You say the sub was a newbie, I say there was nothing Jakalo could have done different.

You say I went after him when he was weak, I say he knew I was coming since last year.

You say we were greedy to take 25% of him, I say you and him had no problem taking 40% from me back when. I had Italy over a barrel this war, I could have taken all of Italy south of the Po. And noboby would have been able to stop me even if everybody had been precent and playin. Beaten Bavaria up sure, but not stoped me. And yet I imposed no 40% victory.

You may wince at my realpolitik. But spare me the unfounded moral indignations. He was given fair warning, failed to avoid the situation, and was given a fair peace.

What are the standings in basetax and such now? The peanuts demand knowledge!

Oh good lord, not a rambling moral sermon

are we not playing a mega-gampaing? ;)
Once someone can win someone decicevly without any moralisation from anyone, then the game would indeed be dead.

Mean who is the next in the position to go down in a fair, sportmanship and balanced gangbang?

I was subbing Germany and I had signalled my surrender the first second of the dow when it didn't seem like there were any serious effort or commitment to preserve German borders and seemed best to surrender an unwinnable war right away then risk a 1/3 peace demand if I fight on.

Only after a few minutes of inaction did I learn Denmark was an ally, but whom nevertheless didn't seem to be winning and Bavaria was only putting minimal effort to attacking Germany nonetheless, Bavaria wasn't decisive to the outcome.

Realm Duress, I've rarely to never fought a war before, and had no bloody idea where all the troops were.

I had also dismissed warnings of "your gonna get attacked" as jokingness as people use the "we're gonna attack you/your nation was attacked" meme fairly regularily, with proper warning I could have marshalled and organized the troops.

Last edited:
No, no we aren't.
Well I've always suspected your gommitment to this gampaing but for the others :p

I've rarely to never fought a war before

You were Russias Perm in the last round? I did recall you figthing alot during TWBW

with proper warning I could have marshalled and organized the troops.

what would have been a proper warning then?

what would have been a proper warning then?

Yea, you follow this aar, you should know this! How is me stealing half of Sicily the session before this not some form of indication I might have been up to something? :p

Last edited:
Yea, you follow this aar, you should know this! How is me stealing half of Sicily the session before this not some form of indication I might have been up to something? :p

I don't follow the AAR's *that* closely.

You were Russias Perm in the last round? I did recall you figthing alot during TWBW

My total CK experience is maybe 5% of the total paradox experience. It doesn't make me good at CK wars.

Clearly it was dark secrets of necromancy loaned out to the Fatimids that made the difference.

Clearly it was dark secrets of necromancy loaned out to the Fatimids that made the difference.

I prefer the term Confidential Tenebrous Information or CTI.

Last edited:

Behold my vast and awesome powar!

Provinces
Egypt : 134
Denmark + Finland : 132
Mordor : 95
Persia : 90
Bavaria : 84
Byzantion : 73
France : 64
Italy : 61
Andalus : 59
Croatia : 55

Basetax
Mordor : 329
Denmark + Finland : 321
Egypt : 320
Persia : 311
Bavaria : 302
Italy : 284
France : 238
Andalus : 212
Byzantion : 204
Croatia : 165

Yes, me and Denmark-Finland are the acendant powers, bow down before us! This is our time, nobody can stand against the winds of histor...

nevermindf.jpg

Well nuts...

Maybe we can convince Dano to remake the Cherokee and make their monarch the Tilius's and have Ike move to north America.