• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rome's troops are the finest in the world not only because we don't waste men as light infantry, but also because within each category of actual fighting men, we are superior. A single exception is Persia's excellent pikemen; but they are not numerous.

The final two columns are the average number of production and culture techs within the demesne, and again Rome stands out as having the most advanced economy and the most refined culture anywhere in the world.

I calculate the average over the demesne.

Indeed, the backwards Latin lands that now make up half my demesne seem woefully uneducated in the arts of war and culture, weighting me down noticeably in these comparisons. :/

Also; why would we want more heavy infantry? Arming the peasantry is far to dangerous and no noble worth his salt would fight on foot!

Last edited:
For the benefit of the peanut gallery I'll explain here that converter related discussion has heated up yet again, me and KoM favouring something historical regarding pop distribution with pop being about historical on a continent by continent basis but redistributed based on 'skill' within each continent.

Many others don't like this because they're afraid of Asia getting huge amounts of people and want it globally 100% skill irregardless of how weird this looks with Scandinavia having say 200 million people.

I'm arguing that relative player power changing as a result of changing from one game to the next is normal and that at best/most we smooth this transition but not eliminate it entirely otherwise you'ld have say, the historical example of UK never having to struggle to stay ahead of its more numerous populated rivals on the continent.

TREATY OF NÖTEBORG

In the name of the holy father, mother and son and spirits, from this date the King Väinä and Tsar Yaropolk agrees to peacefully co-exist in Finland and lands allocated to Finland, by so that:

1. King Väinä and its vassals aknowlidges the Tsar Yaropolk as one and only King and Grand Duke of Finland.
2. Tsar Yaropolk aknowlidges King Väinä's controll over the land itself, as it is ruled by the grace of god as King of Vanaja.

King Väinä and Tsar Yaropolk will also agree to be on good terms and practice true christian values as a two holy princes equal in front of the god and his grace.​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signed by King Väinä I of Denmark, Mercia, Scotland, Eire, Norway, Scandinavia and Vanaja

Whiped :)

Regarding the troop type discussion: Do not underestimate the lowly light infantry. Since they fight in the skirmish face they are able to do damage before knights and heavy infantry.

Dano-German treaty of co-prosperity.

It is hereby decreed that the Kingdom of Bavaria and Kingdom of Denmark shall enter a NAP lasting for twenty years from its signing. Furthermore, they agree to return any land that come into their or their vassals’ possession that traditionally belongs to the other party’s realm. In addition they also agree to a defensive alliance and pledge to defend each other if attacked by another realm.

The treaty in its entirety is optionally renewed at the end of its duration until the year 1399. It is considered renewed unless one of the signants specifically states his refusal to do so.

Signed
Hermann I von Goldstrand, King of Bavaria.

well you know me from sunday game, just send your NAP applications on the way.... ;)

Croat-Danish Treaty of Happiness

It is hereby decreed that the Kingdom of Slavic Peoples and Kingdom of Denmark shall enter a NAP lasting for ten years from its signing. Furthermore, they agree to return any land that come into their or their vassals’ possession that traditionally belongs to the other party’s realm.

The treaty in its entirety is optionally renewed at the end of its duration until the year 1399. It is considered renewed unless one of the signants specifically states his refusal to do so.

Signed
King of Croatia

Last edited:
Il y aura un roi ! Je serai le roi !

10949-24752.gif

Months passed by and the King refused to give audience to Bronski. In fact no one had seen the king lately and rumors were that he was ill and that he was indeed dying soon. Bronski refused to believe this and continued to wait for the Kings invitation. While he waited Bronski decided to do something useful and he started helping around the city working as an handyman for those in need. There was no job that he would turn down. Years went by and he heard nothing from the King until one day while he walked trough the city he was stopped by the King's bishop. For some odd reason the bishop wanted to look at his face. He didn't say why and but there was clearly something in his mind. Two months later the bishop's envoy arrived that Bronski's house bringing a letter form the Bishop with him. In the letter the bishop requested a meeting with Bronski in the castle immediately and that Bronski was not allowed to tell about this to anybody. Bronski did as he was told to and left to the meeting.

When he arrived at the castle, he was searched for any concealed weapons. He also noticed that there were many guards standing outside the castle and inside the hallways. The king surely were worried about his security. Bronski was walked to an huge room that seemed like the office of the bishop. In a large wooden chair behind a large wooden table sat the bishop. "Tell me your name and where have you come?" he asked. "I am Bronski Tilius of Poland, the rightful heir to the Polarian throne, your eminence" Bronski introduced himself. The bishop stood up and walked to Bronski. "I have an proposition for you and i think it might interest you" the bishop said. "I am listening" Bronski replied back. "The kings son and only heir has fallen ill and he is sure to die without an heir. And as you might know that would ruin Loire" Bishop continued. "And what has this to do with me? I am but a simple handyman" Bronski asked. "Everything" Bishop said. "The kings own health has also been declining for the past years and we have been trying to figure out how to avoid a civil war" Bishop continued. "But when i met you i knew that we had found an solution to our problems because you my friend look just like the Kings son" Bishop finished. Bronski couldn't believe what he just heard. He looked like the kings heir. How was that even possible, he thought. "And what does my likeness have to do with all this?" Bronski asked. "You are going to be the heir and future king of Loire" Bishop said. "You will take the kings sons place and he wont even notice and the Tilius dynasty get to rule once again" Bishop said. "But there is one rule, you will take the dynasty of de Flandre as your own and shall not speak of the Tilius dynasty when refering to yourself or your family." he continued. "You will be de Flandre for the rest of your life and so will be your family of kings, understood?" bishop asked.

This was the moment Bronski had been waiting for all most all of his life. To rule a nation once again and bring glory to his dynasty. Even though he had to abandon the Tilius name this was an too big of an opportunity to let just pass his grip. It was clear that he had to accept the offer. "Very well i accept your offer and rules. When do we begin?" Bronski asked.

The final two columns are the average number of production and culture techs within the demesne, and again Rome stands out as having the most advanced economy and the most refined culture anywhere in the world. Of course this can hardly surprise anyone; after all, is it not truly said that there are Romans citizens, and then there are barbarians? The numbers do not lie, and why should they? They were invented by Romans, after all.

..actually, those numbers show FATI as having higher culture than you (by 0.27). No wonder, since the numbersystem now in use was actually invented by the Arabs...:D

Ok firstly, only a total nitpicker would have actually checked an assertion like that. Who are you going to believe, me or a table of numbers? And secondly, the ingame year is 1328 and we are still using Roman numerals; I merely translated to the modern convention (which incidentally was invented by Indians, not Arabs) for the convenience of my readers. And finally, Roman culture has an ineffably superior quality which is not to be summed up by any mere number. So there.

fmuqgh.png