+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 176 FirstFirst ... 7 32 57 82 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 132 157 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3515

Thread: Children of the Fatherland: MP conversion game

Quote Originally Posted by King of Men;12023935[*
    For customising the nations, we use an auction system. First we calculate a Dynastic-Glory-like score; note that it's weighted differently, not exactly equal to DG, even though we often refer to it as 'DG'. These points are then used to bid for national decisions that are tag-specific in vanilla (with a few of the most powerful, like the Theme System, removed), slider moves, starting prestige/legitimacy/papal influence, starting magistrates/colonists/etc, bonus tech levels, and starting as elector and/or emperor of the HRE.
    Do those of us in the ROTW get DG to spend on this sort of thing, or is customization for the rest of us dealt with differently?

fasquardon
    Was:
    Velikii Kniaz of Ruskaya in AfaMG Thread, Diplomacy, AAR.
    King of Navarra in tBCoF: Thread, Diplomacy, AAR.
    Shahanshah of Sakartvelo in TWBW: Thread, AAR.
    Propheteocrat of United Georgia and Emperor of the Seljuk Turks in TWBW - In the Balance: Thread, AAR.
    Tyrannos of the Second Republic of Rome, High Speaker of United Georgia and Emperor of the Seljuk Turks in ARoW: AAR
    deToulouse Emperor of West Rome in CotF AAR
    Is:
    MweneKongo in DoG

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Mupdate session 28 yr 1283: in which Malta is regained

In this session:

Persia gets greener colour, denoting new non-evil status and appeases Alexandrian cartographers who had muchly protested against how the colour black had been screwing up provincial borderlines.

Fatimids and Russians have vassal troubles.
    Fatimid heir revolts just as he is about to inherit, screwing up inheritance.

Loire-Roman border is mended

Treasonous Finns annex Österbotten Fatimids and move royal court into Saracen Palace of al-Mustasaari! This shall not soon be forgotten!

Abbasids crush the Mongols, 20.000 Fatimid troops are sent as moral support.
    Russia uses opportunity to snatch rich and nominally Abbasid Bukhara from Mongols.

Ingenious diplomatic and dynastic maneuvering allows Fatimids and Andalusis to gain Barcelona and Malta!
    Last edited by FrozenWall; 12-02-2011 at 20:21.
    GM and Last of the Carolingians in:
    Sunday night MP Megacampaign: God Will Know His Own
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)
    Proprietor of one Lord Strange Cookie. , WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 6, 2011

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by fasquardon View Post
    Do those of us in the ROTW get DG to spend on this sort of thing, or is customization for the rest of us dealt with differently?

fasquardon
    At the moment ROTW nations are only customised in the sense of being buffed by Dano's savegame editing. There have been suggestions to give them some DG and allow them to participate in the auction; I have not yet decided against doing so, but I also have not implemented it - it needs a smidgen of extra coding since the converter generally ignores anything non-European.
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Frosty, you forgot that Russia got all the mongols in his court when they were annexed by Persia.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by King of Men View Post
    Are you asking me, or Ike?

If you were asking me, I do spend quite a bit of time thinking about this game, so it stays fresh in my memory. Also, if you don't remember it, how can you be confident that I've got it right? Maybe I just wrote the history book and now you remember what I said about it, instead of what actually happened. "History shall be kind to me, for I shall write it."

Hah I was on the receiving end of such historical changes last campaign.

Also, what about France KoM? One of the prime movers in the campaign to keep the balance. I feel left out.

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by carillon View Post
    Also, what about France KoM? One of the prime movers in the campaign to keep the balance. I feel left out.
    You don't say to much, I never seem to know where you are 1st hand.
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by carillon View Post
    If you were, it was very much behind the scenes as far as I could see. I exchanged PMs with Fivoin, Jakalo, and Michael discussing intervention, but not with you.
    MP Megacampaigns :

If you were, it was very much behind the scenes as far as I could see. I exchanged PMs with Fivoin, Jakalo, and Michael discussing intervention, but not with you.
    So cause you ignored me at first, you kept doing so?

500k club

Well, it didn't seem to me that Loire was in a position to put much pressure on Russia and the Caliphate. What were you going to do, invade al-Andalus?

If you supported intervention behind the scenes, excellent, you have my gratitude; I'm just saying I didn't know it at the time.
    MP Megacampaigns :

What were you going to do, invade al-Andalus?
    I know you play as a heartless illoyal bastard KoM, but invading ones longtime ally does put pressure on most people.

Can we get the religions and cultures of the world?

I know the true and Eastern Rome, Mordor and West Rome are all Orthodox.

I know that Sunni Islam is basically dead in these parts.

I know the Danelaw, Bavaria and maybe Loire follow the Papists.

What about the irrelevant reindeer incest enthusiasts and the grey grannies?

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    The grannies are Catholic, hoping to convert to Orthodox.

Also, I think this is a good time to bring up the War of Vidin, in which I got rid of an Abbasid Muslim ruling the Islamic province of Vidin.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

500k club

Why do you want to convert to Orthodoxy? I mean, apart from it being the True Faith and thus enabling you to avoid eternal hellfire. Since that argument hasn't been very persuasive for the past 300 years, I expect you have some sort of sneaky strategic reason.
    MP Megacampaigns :

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Since that argument hasn't been very persuasive for the past 300 years, I expect you have some sort of sneaky strategic reason.
    Ya'll let me marry my muslim wives in peace. Not to mention I'll stop having to deal with the fricken Pope...

HoI AnthologyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

So... the Muslims stick together now?

It's time for the...

Greater Orthodox Military Liability or Get Off My Lawn (GOML)!

Oh FrozenWall!
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Yours is no Disgrace Gollevainen's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Treasonous Finns annex Österbotten Fatimids and move royal court into Saracen Palace of al-Mustasaari! This shall not soon be forgotten!
    Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty in Ederon PM
    It would seem KoM has maneuvered the little runt Malhaz Komnenus, count of Laodikea into position to inherit Cyprus. I would prefer he did not

Quote Originally Posted by My response
    Ok. Ill need to get one good spymaster on the row, but I think I can manage it, despite my characters low age/intrigue...
    As for the cost, I would like to get egypt to look elsewhere IF I get into some sort of annexation deeds in Pohjanmaa / östrabotten (a fatimid is ruling there as my rebelious disloyal vassal) and some 750 ducates for the running expenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty's reponse
    granted
    The Professor wrote:
    Also is there a site somewhere where I can google the acronyms you use.

Ulmont wrote:
    Yes. The site is available at www.google.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    It would seem KoM has maneuvered the little runt Malhaz Komnenus, count of Laodikea into position to inherit Cyprus. I would prefer he did not

Malhaz Komnenus
    met his end nailed to a door with a varangian axe to the head, after you had taken to long getting a spymaster on line. You assassinated some other usurpers who came after him. Thus your actions were illegal and the Calipha demands the return of Österbotten to it's rightful owners!

Can we get the religions and cultures of the world?
    all the Muslims are Shia Arabs, Greeks and Rus are Orthodox, Croats want to be Orthodox, rest peaceful Papists with culture corresponding to country.

Greater Orthodox Military Liability or Get Off My Lawn (GOML)!
    Stay out of Persia and everybody will be fine
    Last edited by FrozenWall; 30-01-2011 at 14:23.

Yours is no Disgrace Gollevainen's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Finland is Also orthodox!!
    The Professor wrote:
    Also is there a site somewhere where I can google the acronyms you use.

Ulmont wrote:
    Yes. The site is available at www.google.com.

which third rate power is that again?
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 176 FirstFirst ... 7 32 57 82 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 132 157 ... LastLast