+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 176 FirstFirst ... 6 31 56 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 106 131 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 3515

Thread: Children of the Fatherland: MP conversion game

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    Absolutely love the comic.
    I concur. I just love the hat.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis IV) (ongoing)
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q2: EUIV, ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Split), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Hats.
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis III) (ended)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Full list at my Inkwell

Vogonian poet
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

Quote Originally Posted by Irsh Faq View Post
    I did some painstaking correlating of the base-tax map in Varyar's signature with the demands map you posted, and it looks like the Russian-Caliphate-Persian alliance is demanding a similar proportion of East Roman base tax (over a third of the total bt) to go directly to their own realms, as the Caliph was screaming about being far too harsh a peace deal to be given to an harmless AI realm when it was Cossacks under discussion (and which proposal was duly greatly reduced by the attackers).
    You are clearly trying to apply some kind of symmetry axiom while trying to grasp the situation, but your attempts are futile because Russia and it´s lackeys do not subscribe to the same set of axioms as you.
    It is an understandable, but severe mistake.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

I just love the hat.
    Success!

Quote Originally Posted by Kolibri View Post
    You are clearly trying to apply some kind of symmetry axiom while trying to grasp the situation, but your attempts are futile because Russia and it´s lackeys do not subscribe to the same set of axioms as you.
    It is an understandable, but severe mistake.
    I note also that any attempts at numerical "fairness" are bound to fail, this is a competitive game. It is in its intended nature for nations to win and lose, rise and fall. We are happy at victory, and unhappy over loss. If there was only peace the game would be boring, we wish after all to have some action, no?
    Further; the notion that any player has any special 'right' to some specific set of pixels is in and of itself silly and applicable only in the form of roleplay. Of course there is a double standard, to draw it to its extreme; you and your allies gaining power=good and justified, your enemies gaining power=evil magiks and unlawful aggression. Vassals pledging to you=they are seeking refuge from the bad guys, you vassals pledging to somebody else=vassal theft.

Ok, its not quite that extreme, but you get my point. Some of us are into realpolitiks, others rp. Some envision mighty empires, others small traderepubliks. Our only real justification is "I wanted it" or "Taking it made sense strategically", and their reverse on the opposing side, the rest is just fluff. And nothing we should get to riled up over in the name of "justification", it's a computergame after all.
    Last edited by FrozenWall; 10-01-2011 at 03:35.
    GM and Last of the Carolingians in:
    Sunday night MP Megacampaign: God Will Know His Own
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)
    Proprietor of one Lord Strange Cookie. , WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 6, 2011

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

/subscribed
    si vis pacem para bellum Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.-Otto von Bismarck
    Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus -------- Istanbul Panorama 360°
    OttoMania - your link to the Ottoman Culture and Lifestyle in EU III
    ................. Neo-Ottomans thread
    Who is this Tunch Khan? I thought Djem de Sayd was the only Ottoman Pretender the Christians had their hands on? ~ aylo1
    To be honest, this thread might as well be closed now. We've seen Tunch Khan - I can't see that there's anywhere else to go from here. ~ Austen
    Turkey in HOI2 - OTTOMANIA ~ Mod and Modular Pack for Victoria 2 - VIEW THREAD
    ........ **Thread Monster** ... History, with all her volumes vast, hath but one page.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenWall View Post
    I note also that any attempts at numerical "fairness" are bound to fail, this is a competitive game.
    I am not at all seeking fairness - it is obvious that the Eastern Empire and its allies should reign over all, fairness has nothing to do with that. I merely wondered about consistency. However, you are quite right that nobody should get riled up about all th...

Can an Immortal be extradited between players?
    Fatimid aggression!
    Emperor of Ethiopia, High King of Ceylon, Sultan of Arabia, Prince of Antioch and Damascus, Lord Protector of the Tamil Coast, Maharaja of Gujarat, Lord Protector of Java and Sumatra, Archduke of Australia, Autocrat from Carthage to the Cape, Sea Lord of the East Pacific, Caliph of Baghdad, and Defender of the Ark of the Covenant in Tyranny's Bloody Banner.

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

Consistency
    I am consistent! Death to my opponents! Leniency for me and people I find useful!

Quote Originally Posted by Irsh Faq View Post
    Fatimid aggression!
    What? You're the one who stated you are running from the law, I am merely probing my options for enforcing justice over whatever it is you've done
    Last edited by FrozenWall; 10-01-2011 at 03:55.
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    Great comic, Frosty, if about as factually accurate as an average Jack Chick pamphlet. (Your art is better, though.)

Touching IrshFaq's immortal, I'll resurrect him on the same terms as applied to Blayne's Rasputin: Consistent updates for a short period.

I repeat my remarks on the peace: You do not have the power to enforce the terms you're demanding; and Constantinople will be handed over when my last demesne province falls, and not before.
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Men View Post
    Great comic, Frosty, if about as factually accurate as an average Jack Chick pamphlet.
    Which parts are incorrect?
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by King of Men View Post
    I repeat my remarks on the peace: You do not have the power to enforce the terms you're demanding; and Constantinople will be handed over when my last demesne province falls, and not before.
    Yes, yes, we disagree on the finer details of this conflicts inevitable end. But you made reference to be considering most the other terms, what does you alliance consider an "enforceable peace" then?. Taking into consideration your dwindling manpower and our superior reserves, and the fact that we would not much appreciate having to bleed you entirely dry before you see reason.

Not a necromancer, no sir! Foelsgaard's Avatar

Yes, yes, we disagree on the finer details of this conflicts inevitable end. But you made reference to be considering most the other terms, what does you alliance consider an "enforceable peace" then?. Taking into consideration your dwindling manpower and our superior reserves, and the fact that we would not much appreciate having to bleed you entirely dry before you see reason.
    The manpower ratio is roughly the same as at the start of the war. In fact, the egyptian reserves are inferior than those of the Caliphate and Russia is in realm duress. Our land situation is better than at the beginning.
    Enigmatic ruler of France in the Nation Shall Rise Against Nation megacampaign.

Mighty ruler of Baghdad in the
    Children of the Fatherland megacampaign.

Exalted High Priest of the First Church of Gollevainen. Hallowed be his name.

HoI AnthologyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Foelsgaard View Post
    The manpower ratio is roughly the same as at the start of the war. In fact, the egyptian reserves are inferior than those of the Caliphate and Russia is in realm duress. Our land situation is better than at the beginning.
    I shall stop noobing around now, though! Hah! Game over!

Yours is no Disgrace Gollevainen's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

you guys are even better whiner's than I am (when actually involved in something), I think we can make this a proper megagampaing after all
    could someone now post what we are demaning at the moment?
    The Professor wrote:
    Also is there a site somewhere where I can google the acronyms you use.

Ulmont wrote:
    Yes. The site is available at www.google.com.

The manpower ratio is roughly the same as at the start of the war.
    Yes, we are loosing mp at about the same rate. Due in large part to the defending powers not using tactics suited to an mp environment. A review of the war so far has been done, and changes will be made that we expect will soon swing momentum in our favor. The cold fact remains that our reserves are deeper than yours, our regeneration is sustainable, our flanks sufficiently secure and our base of strength not under direct threat. Russia's most disloyal vassal has +5% monthly loyalty gain.

What we have on the ground is a stalemate, should the war continue we will eventually win by grinding attrition. That or the Mongols will make a move and end it for us...

what we are demanding at the moment?
    We're still at the original map, the orientals have not yet made a substantial counterproposal.

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIILost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2

Or the Danes and allies will step in with "Peacekeeping" forces at strategic places... -If you carry on they might even release the Ynglings !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzMartinDK View Post
    Or the Danes and allies will step in with "Peacekeeping" forces at strategic places...
    Yes, the agression of these warmongering orientals must be stopped!

You are mistaken Frosty. You have been losing at twice the rate of us, hence why the ratio is still 2:1.

You are mistaken Frosty.
    I was referring to percent, so yes the distribution is still proportionally the same. That is; we have more, and our nations can sustain it longer, especially as we have learned from our strategical mistakes. As such the war will eventually be won by us, especially what with the Mongols.

But we are repeating ourselves, and I think there is little to ad beyond what has been said. Now is the time for us to hear how you propose this war you have stated should end. Preferably with maps.

Yours is no Disgrace Gollevainen's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

at this point I would love to have some deeplevel (non byzophile) peunut analysis of the war situation and all sides changes to continue it trough another session...

Also, as Im not the main belligrent, I wont comment on the demands that much, I haven't been part of making them, but at this point its in our nations best intress to let Russia/Egypt to do that part...However, I would just want to say that, as the situation in OOC wise has allready derailed into the typical MP ragecircle of:"But you demaned x amount of provinces in last war, so its fair that I can demand at least 1.5x this time!"...
    ...so to end that circle, with little gains migth proven out to be better peace in long term than forcily hammer trough demands of all unconquested claims from the past.
    The Professor wrote:
    Also is there a site somewhere where I can google the acronyms you use.

Ulmont wrote:
    Yes. The site is available at www.google.com.

HoI AnthologyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

So, you suggest that we take only a fraction of what they've taken in their last war, and then wait for them to attack and make massive demands again?

Yes, that sounds wise.

I would have been satisfied with the land i had prior to this war, but both of you started to make very threatening noices.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 176 FirstFirst ... 6 31 56 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 106 131 156 ... LastLast