• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, Germans in Sudetenland go to an artificial Czechoslovakia, Hungarians broke from Danube for nothing, etc.

What a mess of Europe.

Nice Cold War setup in Europe, I have just a few questions: how is the Tzar justifying the cession of Romanov-na-Murmane, a city completely Russian with near half a milion inhabitants, to Finland? Sure, Finns are under strict Russian control, but I don't think they would receive such an important city and port. About Austria-Illyria, I think it would be unlikely that Croats, Bosnians and Slovenians would be happy to stay under Austrian rule, expecially since Serbia and Czechoslovakia were able to obtain indipendence... What about Kosovo? Will it stay under Serbia or will it be given to Albania?

Sorry for so many questions :)

Artificial ?
Why do you call Czechoslovakia artificial ?

Because it is. First of all, why Sudetenland sticks with Czechoslovaquia?

Because it is. First of all, why Sudetenland sticks with Czechoslovaquia?

Do not call Czechoslovakia artificial !!!
This state was ( in our reality ) homeland to Czechs and Slovaks for almost 70 years. It ceased to exist because politicians decided so, without asking people of Czechoslovakia for their opinion.

And why shouldln´t Sudetenland stay with Czechoslovakia ?
Sudetenlands are integral part of Bohemia from beginning of the Bohemian state.

Then why call it "Czechoslovakia" Why not Bohemia-Moravia?

Because Slovakia joined Bohemia in new state, which because of that can´t be simply called Bohemia.

Bohemia-Slovakia then? Why ignore the, potentially, rather large number of germans in the Sudenten by only naming it after the czechs and slovaks?

Do not call Czechoslovakia artificial !!!
This state was ( in our reality ) homeland to Czechs and Slovaks for almost 70 years. It ceased to exist because politicians decided so, without asking people of Czechoslovakia for their opinion.

All born from the disolution of the Danubian Federation is artificial. :D

And why shouldln´t Sudetenland stay with Czechoslovakia ?

Sudentenland is German. More in this TL than in ours.

Well, this postwar Europe is interesting. I can see how two Germanys would be plausible along with a few other things, but Austria keeping Croatia and Bosnia bewilders me. I know Arnold is frickin awesome, but would the Slavs really be happy under a German dominated nation?

I'm not big fan of Finland being Russian puppet state, but those borders! <3
Now Finland will just have to change sides a second time when the inevitable UNA split happens. :rofl:

I like this post-war settlement- ending the war with Europe mostly intact is an achievement in itself and it makes sense that the new Europe is far from perfect. It is slightly messy due to sheer number of nations and interest groups that need to be satisified but it's a fairly good deal from the viewpoint of most UNA members- they went to war for the sake of their own national interest after all and it's not as though there was any grand ideological principle behind the war beyond otherthrowing German dominance.

And of course a Europe that's fairly confused and fragmented is very interesting from a storytelling perspective. It looks like relations with Russia are going to deteriorate much faster than I expected as they're busy reinstalling some of the many, many German monarchs (and throwing some Romanovs in for variety) which I expect will raise some eyebrows. The German Union in particular is practically a legaue of evil comprised of the various dictators you've already defeated. Are the Russians planning to boss rush you? ;)

First congratulations for rounding things in Europe up. Now the stage is set for the next war, this time against Rusia.
By the way, if the current war began with Tannu Tuva’s declaration, will the next one begin with Crete declaring it?. Just for the sake of symmetry I mean ;)

I'm not big fan of Finland being Russian puppet state, but those borders! <3
Now Finland will just have to change sides a second time when the inevitable UNA split happens. :rofl:

The Fatherland has turned into a frigging Muumin!

128629647464.jpg

Really nice post war setting.
And Arnie as president, awesome ! :D