• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, Turkey and Ostafrika are crumbling away, while the Ghost of Von Lettow-Vorbeck leads German forces in west Africa. I hope you will soon be able to organize some kind of landing operation to take Iberia and Italy at some point.

I really hope the Russians can at least hold on and start counterattacking soon. If they can spread the Lithuanians and Germans out over the countryside while hitting them with devastating air strikes, they could turn the tide back in their favour. Come on Russia! Whatever the Germans throw at you, you must stand your ground!

Good update.

Russia needs to stabilize it's western front or else it would lead to serious reprecussions in the future.

with Turkey and Ostafrika going to be knocked out soon, it comes high time to start pushing your forces northward into Bulgaria and Danubia.

seeing as to how Bulgaria is faring against greece, I belive it is a must to link up turkey-greece in a combined front to push the balkans, then you will have the strategic mobility to land anywhere you want. Italy and Spain are easy chokepoints to land on. Japan retook formosa. Russia is still doing horrible, were they unprepared for this or are they being focused on the most?

Do you foresee any chance of winning the war without Russia?

Another good update, every front is going well except the Russian one. Of course that's a big 'but' as without Russia the war is going to be much more diffcult even if it shouldn't be unwinnable.

Good progress (if you except the situation in Russia of course) but the Greek front should be reinforced if it's possible.

@ Kaiser Mobius: Great comparison with WW1 about the fights in East Africa!

Thanks for comments, everyone, few surprises ahead. ;)

War of the Titans - 5

Investigation, performed by the help of physical, satellite and electronic espionage, revealed that Island isn't so neutral as it should be. Germans and their allies were using ports and airports at island to perform their air and naval operations. English wing that is attacking Canadian troops at Greenland is stationed there, while there is also a high chance that German bombers that are performing devastating bombardment of US and Confederate East Coast are stationed there also. UNA decides there is enough evidence for operation against Iceland.
war89.jpg

Canadian corps performed naval invasion of Iceland. Germans and English evacuated their naval and air forces as quick as they detected massive UNA fleet near Iceland. Only few German military advisors were left and they defended the island together with small Icelander force.
war90.jpg

Meanwhile, the first UNA nation surrendered to Mitteleuropa. Afghanistan was conquered by imperial Chinese troops.
war91.jpg

Iceland was soon occupied by Canadians. Some Icelander defenders, together with German advisors, organised armed resistance against Canadian occupation.
war92.jpg

Italians defeated Phoenician garrison in Southern Cyprus and landed in island.
war93.jpg

Mitteleuropean forces above Greece are still active, altough the signs of their exhaustion started to show.
war94.jpg

Crete is carefully observed by UNA as the island became the centre of Mitteleuropean activity in Mediterranean. Heavy military presence is detected. Island is well guarded by ground troops, some of them probably being ready for operations is neighbourhood. Ports of Crete were full of Mitteleuropean vessels and airports were hosting many enemy planes.
war95.jpg

More optimism finally arrived from Russian front. Russians started massive offensive against advancing Mitteleuropean troops, pushing back the enemy and liberating Moscow.
war96.jpg

Bad news are cominh from East African theatre of war. Capable German commanders managed to delay French advance long enough to bring reinforcements to East Africa. French were surprised when their Leclerc tanks encountered brand new Leopard 4 tanks. Inferior to their German counterparts, Leclercs suffered high casulties. One brigade of Leopard 4 tanks easily defeated two brigades of French tanks. French were calling for reinforcements in panic, and French supreme command decided to send some reinforcements from Algeria.
war97.jpg

Several divisions of Leopard 2A4 tanks also arrived to East Africa. Roles were switched and hunters now became the prey.
war98.jpg

Canadians immediately started to use Iceland as their base of operations. Ambitious plans were made: German allies in British islands were chosed to be neutralized. Canadians striked fast to surprise the enemies and two Canadian armies landed in Scotland. They immediately faced the furious resistance of Scottish defenders, but it looked like that Canadian superiority will win the day.
war99.jpg

Meanwhile, the battle of two ladies was taking place is Anatolia. Egyptian commander Amides was challenged by German female general. Bitter tank battle was fought, and advanced Leopard 3 tanks were overran by mass of Egyptian less modern and even outdated mix of Russian-Canadian-German-French armor.
war100.jpg

Egyptian tank. Egypt was possessing large collection of all types of armor of diffrent origin.
egyptian_tank1.jpg

Unfortunately, Canadian landing in Scotland turned out into complete failure. Scottish nationalists, enraged by the attempt of British-Canadian royalists that desired to restore the United Kingdom again, lead a brave and successful defense, and Canadians were thrown back into the sea.
war101.jpg

Old Ethiopian capital of Addis Ababa was surrounded by French and Egyptian troops.
war102.jpg

Canadians didn't lost their hope to successfully land in British isles. Another UNA fleet brought six divisions of Confederate mechanized infantry. Both UNA fleets joined and 150.000 Canadian and Confederate soldiers assaulted the shores near Blackpool, facing the resistance of 25.000 English soldiers.
war103.jpg

Unfortunately, armored reinforcements quickly came to help the defenders and invasion ended tragically for UNA forces.
war104.jpg

French reinforcements arrived to East Africa. French hoped and prayed that superiority in numbers will be enough to root out German resistance, lead by well-equiped and battle-hardened German troops, commanded by cunning officers.
war105.jpg

Results of failed invasion of British isles were horrible. Confederates had more than 30.000 dead, wounded, captured and missed in action, while Canadian loses were even more horrific. Of 5th Canadian Corps, only one brigade with 30% of its manpower left and one division with 10% of active personel left were still standing. Every one of four surviving divisions of 25th Canadian Corps had less than 10% of active personel still able to fight.
war106.jpg

My god, terrible losses for the Canadians and Confederates. Although Iceland is neutralized, they have taken immense losses in England. I would advise against invading England for now, and waiting until you have good positions set up in France and western Europe first before attempting to do so again, so you can have the benefit of massive air support.

Nice to at least finally see some good news from the Russian front and from Turkey. Good update.

I agree with Kaiser Mobius, to invade the British Isles now would be suicidal. There is a reason after all, why the British were able to hold of amphibious assaults for a long time now.

Deal with the enemies in the immediate view first, solely concentrate on the Balkans and Anatolia, and you would be able to push eastward.

I would suggest eliminating the Germans in French Ghana before they cause serious damage.

Well, at least Russia is improving.

Also, bye bye Turkey and Ostrafrika.

A strong push through the Balkans should work.
Glad to see Russia.. stabilizing. Do you have any way to hurt Qing. There isn't a pressing need to advance in europe if russia is fine (EI During winter) So if you could push qing a little, or annex some of the mitteleurope minors in asia that could be a good use of time

Simply: wow. Germany taking Moscow and Russia able to free it, India cut in half, Phenicio-Egyptian advance in Turkey, air battles all over the world... Man, this is serious stuff! :D

I suggest you to push in Turkey-Greece right now, Afrika is almost German-free by now, Russia is holding and it seems that your allies can take care of the Qing alone. If you feel confident enough you could try to seize Sicily and the other Mediterranean islands, which can be easily defended by a small garrison.

Last edited:
I agree that you'd be best off focusing on existing fronts such as Turkey and the Balkans where you're winning, opening up extra fronts like the Brittish Isles is probably going to be a distraction at this point in time. If you can link up with the Russians you have a real chance of taking over Mainland Europe and if you can achieve that you should be able to pick off Britain at your leisure.

Oh those landings in the British Iles just proved to be an horrible and bloody mess.
Fortunately the Russians are in a better shape than I thought.

@ Kaiser Mobius: Indeed, tragedy in Britain is not to be repeated. I was thinking that Canadian and Confederate armies will manage to land in Britain, so I would later launch both Overlord and Dragoon at the same time. But landing in Britain became the operation Jubilee, so it didn't have any good results, if we exclude fact that strength of English and Scottish defenses was discovered.

@ starchristian: Just wait for incoming updates...;)

@ Razgriz 2K9: True, there are many other fronts that I should close first.

@ SovietAmerika: Ostafrika is going down, but Turkey can still surprise us.

@ Hochseeflotte: Qing is mainly the objective of Japan, altough I'm afraid that Russians will concentrate too much on Qing and forget about Europe...

@ atty: Thank you for your kind words and suggestions. :)

@ Zhuge Liang: You're right, I just hope that Russians will manage to keep Mitteleuropa pushing back, so I can link with them via Anatolia.

@ Sir Kenny: Not very well planned operation, bad fortune of attackers, good luck of defenders, advantages of defending home terrain...there are many factors.

@ Zeldar155: Well, that's true, altough I really don't want to use my allies as meatshields.

@ Karaiskandar: Hope that Russians will stay in good shape!

War of the Titans - 6

Egyptian troops, commanded by Field Marshal Tantawi, attack the city of Corum where Turkish capital was transfered after fall of Ankara. The city is famous due to heavy presence of Hittite archeological sites.
war107.jpg

Russians capture Minsk and Tbilisi. United Commonwealth and Don-Kuban Union are in panic.
war108.jpg

In South America, Brazilians and La Plata prove to be quite equal belligerents. Power of Brazil lays in numbers, while power of La Plata is centered in advanced German weaponry. Gran Colombia is facing occasional Syndicalist revolts.
war109.jpg

Japanese retake Formosa and invade mainland China again. Philippine and Indonesian forces land in Southern coastal cities of Qing Empire. Russian and Mongolian forces advance into Inner Mongolia. India is barely holding against Qing and Princenly forces, while Siam is struggling with AlgOstAsien corporation.
war110.jpg

US troops have landed in Nicobar Islands, liberating Indian territory from Princenly occupation.
war111.jpg

Soon, US forces advance towards Andaman Island, liberating them too.
war112.jpg

Saudi forces invade Ostafrican territory of Socotra.
war113.jpg

Situation in technical research of French republic:
war114.jpg

Germans in West Africa still don't give French any time to take their breath.
war115.jpg

Exhausted Canadian troops that took part in fights in Britain are brought to Casablanca, where they are stationed to recover under the warm Moroccan sun, enjoying in German-built tourist capacities.
war116.jpg

French armies in West Africa started to fall apart. More reinforcements are sent to region by French supreme command.
war117.jpg

French troops, sent from Algeria to aid their comrades in West Africa, capture Gran Canaria on their way.
war118.jpg

Hainan changed it's occupiers again. Qing forces liberated the island from Thai troops, now it is taken by Philippine forces. AlgOstAsien is dangerously expanding.
war119.jpg

Ataman Kokoity and other leaders flee Don-Kuban Union. Georgian general Gogava is put in charge to evacuate remaining cossack forces.
war120.jpg

French Air Force manages to pull wing of strike fighters from Middle East. German forces in West Africa are now under heavy bombardment from French planes.
war121.jpg

However, German grip in West Africa is still strong. French are suffering high casulties.
war122.jpg

Germans even start to attack French garissons in Nigeria.
war123.jpg

Canadian troops in Iceland are attacked by mercenary air general Granger, suffering heavy damage in personel and material.
war124-1.jpg