• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a bad feeling about this... :eek:

its_a_trap.jpg

Let's show Ackbar who the SAS are!

Montreal, Canada
12 May 2011
0920 hrs

Colombian General Caballero, head of Special Operations Section, had to appear at the office of General Mobius, chief of the United Command. Operation in South Africa was partly successful. Now the joint chiefs were arguing if the glass of water is half-full or half-empty.

- General Caballero, were there any news from South Africa?

- No Sir, we still couldn't contact the SAS team.

- That's too bad. Can you give me a quick briefing of recent events in South Africa, so I can get the view over the broader situation?

- Of course. As you know, South Africa is in huge mess now. SAS commandos managed to capture Van Osterkemp and start broadcasting from TV station, but the other SAS team failed to free the jailed members of legitimate South African goverment. Koevoet broke into TV station and then we lost the signal. We don't know that happened with commandos after that, but we can be sure that Koevoet had liberated Van Osterkemp which is now alive and well.

- A shame we couldn't get this bastard. And all those fine Canadian men are probably lost.

- I'm affraid this is the truth. However, commandos managed to take a footage of captured Van Osterkemp before they were attacked by Koevoet special forces, and many South African officers started with the uprising when they saw that Van Osterkemp was captured. The revolters had the greatest support in Rhodesia and in Cape region. Fortunately they managed to secure the pass between Harare and Cape Town, thus connecting their areas and cutting the loyalist territory in half.

afr4.jpg

- At least the new democratic South Africa, the Union of South Africa, is now on our side. This is the big blow for Mitteleuropa.

- Indeed, altough it's a shame that industrialized areas in the East stayed in Osterkemp's hands. South African Republic, that's how the Osterkemp's South Africa is now called, has more industry than Union of South Africa. Most of heavy weaponry and elite units also sticked with Van Osterkemp, as the best units were commanded by loyalist officers. Union of South Africa is depoloying mostly light units, but they are devoted to their cause. They managed to defeat loyalist forces in their regions, and that's the proof of their courage.

afr2.jpg

- Well, at least the Namibia was cut off from the East.

- Yes, and the Germans had to reorganize it. Administration over German Southwest Africa was given to South Africa when Pretorian Guard came to power, but now it's in German domain again. South African Republic couldn't efficiently control Namibia anymore and German Admiral Wolfgang Canaris that was stationed with his fleet in Luderitz took the power. The State of Sudwestafrika is now another German satellite in Africa, altough Canaris is quite free in his decisions. Well, the Kaiser trusts him as Canaris is not like corrupted General Einewald in Ostafrika.

afr3.jpg

- Very well, thank you for your report. Please inform me if there will be any news about our boys that disappeared in South Africa. World is getting very dangerous those days. We're getting new allies, but it seems that we're gaining also much more enemies.

- Yes Sir. However, I think that situation in Africa is stable now. We have recognized Union of South Africa and immediately put it under protection of Entente, so Germans won't dare to mess any further.

- Indeed, altough it's really a shame that we can't ask the South African Republic for information about our prisoners. This was black operation, they are officially not citizens of Canada and members of our military. Just some unknown South African rebels. International laws don't protect them as they would if they were captured regular soldiers. I just hope they are at least seen as resistants and not as spies. You're dismissed, General Caballero.

afr1.jpg

Shame that South Africa is now back to the era of the Boer Wars w/ a Boer state established.

Anyways, how's Ireland and the Balkans turning out?

The failure to achieve complete success is annoying but Sudwestafrika and the SAR are weak and isolated and you've shown the Germans that they can't interfere with the Entente without retaliation.

It seems like Mitteleuropa must have a giant golden horseshoe up its collective ass to be able to reduce the Entente to only partial victory in South Africa. However, it does seem like the South African Republic of Oosterkemp and the colony of Sudwestafrika are nothing more but rump states that should crumble easily in the event of war. Nice to also see that Entente aligned South Africa seems to have gotten the bulk of the armed forces to stay on side.

Now, its time to not only step up negotiations with Greece, Romania, and the Tokyo pact, but to start sewing dissent in mainland Europe. I am sure with a little help in the form of weapons and advisors you could stir up nationalist resentment in places like Austria-Hungary, White Ruthenia, and other nations as well.

How dare Oosterkamp make a Boer State! All of South Africa should be under the man with the awesome beard!

How dare Oosterkamp make a Boer State! All of South Africa should be under the man with the awesome beard!

Do you mean Sam Nujoma (in OTL would be the President of Namibia)? I think either Mbeki or Zuma should take the Presidency of a restored South Africa.

Just curious, but has anybody considered the possibility of stirring up nationalist sentiment in the German colony of Ostafrika? If administrator General Einewald is as corrupt as he is supposed to be, I am sure that nationalists in places like Ethiopia would be more than happy with rising up given enough weapons and training to do so.

Do you mean Sam Nujoma (in OTL would be the President of Namibia)? I think either Mbeki or Zuma should take the Presidency of a restored South Africa.

Nujoma, of course. He's already President.

DPSA (Direction de la Protection de la Sécurité et de la Défense) diary of actions in Greece

7 May 2011: Joint operation of Canadian Special Air Service (SAS) and United States Marine Corps (USMC) in South Africa is launched. Communication between German embassy in Athens and Greek goverment discovered by Egyptian intelligence.

9 May 2011: French ambassador meets with President of Hellenic Republic.

11 May 2011: Phoenician agent in Greek Ministry of the Interior discovers split between Greek President and Prime Minister. PM is ready to support German demands of return of Glücksburg royal claimant to Greek throne due to Greek economic connections to Germany.

13 May 2011: Deputy of French ambassador in Athens contacts Greek President and asks him about the chance of removing the Prime Minister. Answer is negative, as parliamentary republic, Greek President can't demand resignation of Prime Minister as long as goverment has support in parliament.

16 May 2011: Germans threaten to withdraw their investions to Greek tourism and press economic sancions on Greece if Greeks doesen't accept German demands. Greek PM promises that plebiscite about restoration of monarchy will take place soon.

18 May 2011: French intelligence contacts Greek rival royal claimant: Duke of Athens.

Brief info on Duke of Athens:

Richard_III.jpg

Theodorus de la Roche, Duke of Athens

Duchy of Athens was established in Middle Ages by minor Burgundian crusader knight Otto de la Roche. Ottoman conquest put an end to this minor state. With liberation of Greece in 19th century, Dukes of Athens returned from oblivion. It is not well known that Greeks were chosing between several options before they invited member of House of Glücksburg to throne of independent Greece. One of alternate options was also the French noble House of de la Roche which claimed Otto de la Roche as their medieval relative. However, Glücksburg candidate was chosen and De la Roche family managed only to get the title Duke of Athens for one of their members and his successors. First duke of restored ducal house moved to Athens and his successors continued to live there. They were always staunt rivals of royal House of Glücksburg. Every king of Greece beared the title Duke of Sparta and De la Roche family always adressed the king with Duke of Sparta instead with royal title, as Dukes of Athens never recognized the royal power of Dukes of Sparta. Dukes of Sparta even saw themselves as legitimate royal claimants that were tricked by cunning Glücksburg family during the race for throne of independent Greece. Current claimant to Greek throne is Theodorus de la Roche, Duke of Athens. Not much is known about him. He is a passionate smoker and great admirer of Charlemagne and Justinian the Great. He is author of alternate history novel about the alliance of Frankish Empire and Byzantine Empire which allows both great empires to survive into 19th century. He is not fond on Germans due to German domination over modern mainland France. He often descriped modern Kingdom of France as German vassal. Theodorus de la Roche is also colonel of Greek army.

25 May 2011: Both Greek President and Duke of Athens confirm their role in operation against Greek goverment. Preparations take place, presence of Entente agents in Greece is enlarged.

2 June 2011: Presidental guard and regiment of Colonel De la Roche enter the Parliament and disband it. Removal of Greek goverment is announced.

3 June 2011: No resistance against new regime is discovered. New leaders solidify their position and establish temporary goverment.

4 June 2011: Germans immediately withdraw their investments in Greek economy, German tourists start to leave Greece. Other members of Mitteleuropa follow German example. Greece is forced into isolation. Bulgaria mobilizes reserves and fortifies borders with Greece.

5 June 2011: Entente announces it's full support for Greece. Leaders of Entente promise economic aid to Greece.

7 June 2011: Kingdom of Greece is declared. Duke of Athens starts his rule as Theodorus I of Greece, former President becomes king's first minister.

12 June 2011: Dissent among Greek population that appeared after German sanctions dissapears, as economic aid of Entente starts to flow into Greece. Many companies from nations of Entente announce their will to invest into Greek economy.

15 June 2011: Greece signs the treaty of alliance and becomes the full member of Entente.

Greece.jpg

Excellent! I admire your success in Greece. Let us hope that Romania follows suit soon.

Great bridge head. But you need to send massive reinforcement and help Greece to turn the front line into a fortress and all greece in a no fly zone with tons of AA! Mitteleuropa will not let Entente gain a foothold without reacting one day!

Very good developments with Greece. I hope you will have similar successes in Romania. Maybe one day, the Greeks will be able to restore a rump Byzantium....

Nicely done !
Greece is going to be a very useful ally and bridgehead.