• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BTW, how do you think the ANC and the majority black population of South Africa are reacting to the Oosterkemp regime and the Pretorian guard? I would imagine that strikes, demonstrations, and other forms of civil unrest will be growing exponentially across South Africa. I highly doubt that the ANC would accept now being kicked out of government and being ruled by some dictatorial German puppet regime.

I agree, the new regime is only going to be able to keep control with severe repression seeing as they have next to no legitimacy and support. They're hardly going to be capable of fighting a war effectively if they're having trouble preventing a full-scale revolution.

I wouldn't really envy the Platineans, they are practically alone in the continent... If you want to cause some troubles to MittelEuropa, I suggest you to support secessionist movements inside Austria: let the rotten stucture collapse from the inside!

I third this idea as well as support Greece and Romania.

Here's an idea- aside from the ANC and other black organizations reacting strongly against the new hardliner Boer government, have the English settlers in northern South Africa suddenly rediscover their Entente roots and try to secede with a new Rhodesia!

Who's in the Tokyo Pact again?

Last edited:
Thanks for comments, everyone! Your questions will be answered in incoming updates, because I don't want to ruin the updates with preliminary revealances. Some of your suggestions will be probably also issued in the future.

About the Tokyo Pact, it's members are Japan, Korea, Fengtien Republic, Transamur, Philippines, Indonesian Confederation and Siam.

Global events, Spring 2011 (Part 2)

Germans have continued with their plotting. Their next target was Scandinavia. Nations of Scandinavia recently found themselves in unpleasant situation due to rise of Russian power. Russian Imperial Navy was performing naval drills in the Baltic Sea and Norwegian Sea, and Russian bombers were often patrolling over the Arctic region. Scandinavian concerns soon turned into panic when Germans revealed secret Russian war plan called Northern Passage. Russians denied that such plan would exist, but Germans insisted that their sources are very reliable. German intelligence informed Scandinavian counterparts that Russians will use Scandinavia as their Northern pass to Europe in potential war with Mitteleuropa. Germans revealed detailed phases of this plan. Even German satellite images told that Russian presence in the region is very strong, much stronger as it would be required to counter German-allied Finland.

swe.jpg

Scandinavian leaders were very worried. Rising tensions between Entente and Mitteleuropa were clear sign that war might not be far. Germans sensed the fear of Nordic states and proposed simple solution: It would be better if Scandinavia will be already protected by Germans when the Russians come. This way, Denmark, Norway and Sweden would have bigger chance of defending themselves. German offer was soon accepted. Scandinavian bases, airfields and ports were opened for German forces. New members of Mitteleuropa also tried to rely on their own capacities too. To successfully prepare for defence, the monarchs of Scandinavia ordered creation of military goverments which would prepare the states for possible enemy aggression. Drafts were issued and troops started with drills.

nor.jpg

Denmark caved into German demands and allowed Germans to literally occupy Copenhagen. Germans were very interested for absolute control over the entrance to Baltic Sea. Germans managed to force Denmark to accept such drastic offer with help of new Danish head of goverment who enjoyed German support. Aided by General Simonsen, agent of German interests in Denmark, Germans have turned Denmark into their client state. Berlin was now able to block the entrance to Baltic Sea anytime when Kaiser desired.

den.jpg

German project of Fortress Europe was proved to be successful. Europe was soon becoming the field of German dominance. All previous attempts of Entente to get allies in European continent failed. Berlin was still struggling to force the Greeks and Romanians to cave into German demands and allow the return of the House of Glucksburg and the House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen to thrones of Greece and Romania. This way, Greece and Romania would quickly fell under the German influence. But it was the turn of Entente now.

forteurope.jpg

Put Ireland and Greecre into Entente hands, so that we could form the United Republic of Ireland and Great Britain for the Entente.

Germany is too successful, I fear. Too much.

It's annoying the so many European states are falling under Germany's sway but it's hardly surprising- not many nations are going to be willing to go against the dominant power on the continent.

Put Ireland and Greecre into Entente hands, so that we could form the United Republic of Ireland and Great Britain for the Entente.

Somehow I can't see Canada agreeing with that proposal.

Two can play at this game!

*presses the "Coup Nation" button on Austria-Hungary.*

Because the idea of Ireland ruling over Britain is ridiculous. Canada, the British monarchy, and the British people themselves would never accept it.

I look forward to seeing how the Entente is going to start stirring up trouble in Europe. Good update.

That plus the fact that I'm unsure the Irish would want an alliance with Canada, possibly because they only managed to win independence and maintain it through German help, despite their current neutral stance.

As far as I'm concerned, all efforts for the Entente to win control of Europe lies within the two former Belgrade Pact states, the Third Hellenic Republic and the Republic of Romania. For the Entente, that's priority one, even more priority than starting Nationalist Movements in Austria or try to bring Ireland into the Canadian SoI. (To take a Vicky reference here).

I fear of Germany though, both it and their allies combined hold the highest IC count in the world thus far, and potentially, has the largest nuke count as well. Can we still defeat them?

Canada is where the British monarchy and establishment fled after the revolution, and they're hardly going to sign over Britain to Ireland are they? That and, as has been mentioned, the plan doesn't make much sense anyway. Has Ireland become such a great military power that Britain itself is an acceptable price to pay for their help? How exactly is Irish rule over Britain to be enforced? Why would Ireland even want to rule over Britain?

Pesky Germans, fortunately the won't be able to find more allies (at least I hope so).

South African airspace
7 May 2011
2330 hrs

osprey1.jpg

Lone Osprey of US Marine Corps was violating South African airspace undetected. Latest state-of-the-art technology protected the iron bird from the sight of enemy radars. Apart from the American pilot and co-pilot in cockpit who were controlling the aircraft, a Canadian Special Air Service team was on board. This coordinated mission of Entente had very important goal: Bringing legitimate goverment back to power in South Africa.

Leaders of Entente were shocked after the loss of another ally. Germans were getting really cheap and irritating with those sponsored convert operations and coups. It was time for Entente to return the favour. But Entente didn't have such a great position as Germans had. There was nothing to coup. Germans were able to use the weak spots of Entente members, but it seemed that German allies don't have such spots. There were ideas about destabilizing Princenly Federation and Qing, but those regimes were too tough in their opposition against progressive ideas that were preached by India. Sunk deep in ancient tradition and customs, people of Qing China and Princenly States were not very interested for democratic influences. Imperial China enjoyed the economic miracle that appeared after re-unification of the most of China after destruction of Chinese Republic, and Southern princes were too pleased with their status than with potential life in liberal anti-aristocratic Indian republic. It was also too idealistic to expect that Entente cause would have much supporters in German-dominated Europe.

Entente decided to make a careful, but still brave step. It was time to take back what belonged to Entente. Negotiations with Romania, Greece and Japanese bloc were on hold: Entente needed to show the Germans who was the boss in Africa first. Ambitious and dangerous team was assigned to elite SAS team. It was planned that commandos would jump over Pretoria, the fortress of Osterkemp's regime. Silently and hidden in the shadows, they would have to get Osterkemp dead or alive, and liberate legitimate South African goverment that was jailed in Pretoria. The team would split into two groups. Team A would intrude Osterkem's real estate where he resided, while the Team B would break into jail on the other side of the city and liberate the legitimate goverment. After this would be done, one of teams would capture the TV station and start broadcasting the news about the fall of Osterkemp and liberation of legitimate goverment. This would be signal for South African officers who secretly opposed the regime to start with the coup that would neutralize Pretorian Guard and other supporters of regime. Since Pretoria would stay isolated due of being the strongest fort of regime, commandos would have to gather some supporters and garrison some strategic buildings in the city where they would be fighting off the enemies until the help arrives. South African troops from outside would then liberate the city and destroy the ring around commandos, their supporters and members of legitimate goverment. If the things would evolve so well, maybe they could even capture Osterkemp and bring him to justice.

This plan was very ambitious, but due to connections with South African dissident officers, the possibility of successful ending was not so low. When footage of dead or captured Osterkemp would be broadcasted, the morale of supporters of regime would drastically fall and Pretorian Guard would be easily disarmed. Strongest oppossition was expected in Pretoria, the main target of this mission, but it was also expected that help would be quickly there. Everyone were expecting that operation ''Tawny Eagle'' would be successful. Even General Mobius, the chief of Entente United Command who confirmed the operation was very optimistic. The plan was mostly produced by Special Operations Section of United Command, lead by Colombian General Caballero. However, the cooperation of other UC sections was also crucial for development of this ambitious plan.

- Ok boys, the sun is down. The moon is not visible and the night will protect you well.

Voice of the pilot reminded the commandos to be ready. The red light was still on, but the ramp started to open slowly.

- Twenty seconds!

They were above the outskirts of Pretoria. Osterkemp enjoyed on his real estate when he was not in his office. It would be very hard to get him during his work.

- Ten seconds!

Everyone were ready. It was time to bring back freedom to South Africa. People were strongly repressed by regime which had to deploy a great number of security forces to keep down any signs of revolts. Commandos had to perform their job quickly and quietly.

- Five seconds!

The ramp was opened and the green light turned on.

- Now, go!

The group of elite soldiers opened their parachutes above Pretoria and searched the suitable spot for landing. The small light started to blink in a field of the small farm. It was the signal from South African resistance fighters. Commandos hoped this was not a trap and directed their parachutes towards the light.

This shall keep me on the edge of my chair. General Amides wishes her Entente comrades the best of luck in regaining South Africa.

Yes! Go forth Canadian Special Air Service commandos! Crush Oosterkemp and his puppet regime!

Oh nice, risky and ambitious operation but it could work, better than nothing !