• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now I'm in the humiliating position of going. USA #2! USA #2!

New England: Stay with Canada
Alaska:Will stay a province of Canada
Puerto Rico: Will stay a republic of Caribbean Federation
I would normally vote for total independance every time I can, but imagining to be on the side of Sarah Palin is too much for me. And USA seems to take a weird militaristic way, so a good humiliation inflicted by the plebiscite would be great!

My Votes:

NE: Must become a part of the U.S.
Alaska: Must be an independent state, so must Hawaii
Puerto Rico: Should be a part of the U.S. (In RL, they;re more content as a commonwealth)

NE: 3
A: 1
PR: 1

But I wonder, why not annexing the USA to New England? :D

NE:1
A:1
PR:1

Better under the Queen than a military junta! Sieg heil GroßKanada! xD

On a more serious tone, Kaiser_Mobius's post above explains why things should be kept as they are now.

Last edited:
New England: 2 Better with other Americans even after 70 years then elsewhere. Besides given that the majority of the population used to live in the CSA, I'm willing to bet that the US turns a bit left. Just a bit.

Alaska: 1 It's been Canadian so long, I'm willing to be the majority of the non-Inuit population is Canadian in origin.

Puerto Rico: 1 Why be an outpost of far away nation?

My vote goes to:

New England: Option 2.
To keep the USA on the Entente's side and cool tensions between the USA and Canada, New England should vote to rejoin the USA. Its becoming more and more clear that Canada will find it harder and harder to maintain its leadership position of the Entente, even with New England a Canadian province. In exchange for returning New England however, the USA should vow to fight alongside the other Entente states to defeat Mitteleuropa, accept Canadian leadership until Mitteleuropa is gone and Britain is liberated, as well as form a pact of non-aggression with the Confederacy. Both Canada and the Confederacy could try to balance out American power by embarking on their own massive industrial programs anyway, so losing New England might only be a temporary loss of Canadian strength.

Alaska: Option 1.
Alaska has been under Canadian control since the years of the civil war. By now, the people of Alaska have probably all but forgotten life as part of the USA.

Puerto Rico: Option 1.
Same situation as Alaska. The Puerto Rican's are probably more than happy as members of the Caribbean Federation, and should stay as part of it.

Last edited:
New England: 3 - Don't have a decent argument here, but I always liked the idea of an independent New England.
Alaska: 1 - No way they'd go back to the USA after so long. Most of the population must be Canadian by now.
Puerto Rico: 1 - You guys seriously want your latino Åland back? Good riddance say I! :D

Silly question: Why not to Canadize the USA?

New England: Stay with Canada.
Alaska: Will stay a province of Canada.
Puerto Rico: Will stay a republic of Caribbean Federation.

Humiliate the USA!

New England returns to American control, Canada or Russia gains Alaska, and Puerto Rico becomes part of the CF.

New England: Stay with Canada.
Alaska: Will stay a province of Canada.
Puerto Rico: Will stay a republic of Caribbean Federation.

Humiliate the USA!

It's a plebiscite. The people inside aren't going to "humiliate the USA." I'm just waiting for when the US or other entente member takes metropolitan France or the British Isles and they get the same people dictating to them that Canada shouldn't get England or that Nat France shouldn't get the continent. If the Entente is not fully committed to restoring US sovereignty than the US has no impetus to participate in a war with Mitteleuropa. Americans aren't going to help Canadians get the Old England back unless they return the new one.

2, 2, 2 baby

It's a plebiscite. The people inside aren't going to "humiliate the USA." I'm just waiting for when the US or other entente member takes metropolitan France or the British Isles and they get the same people dictating to them that Canada shouldn't get England or that Nat France shouldn't get the continent. If the Entente is not fully committed to restoring US sovereignty than the US has no impetus to participate in a war with Mitteleuropa. Americans aren't going to help Canadians get the Old England back unless they return the new one.

Hm... It's a game man, take it easy. Don't demand me to write perfectly in English since for me it's a foreign language which I only learned from school and videogames.

Moreover, the CS is a full member of the Entente. What makes the US worthier than them?

The Russians need to be rewarded for their contributions if you want to keep them onside.