• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Most of those leaders were born in places where they live now, their parents and/or grandparents just moved there before and meet each other. Most of leaders(political and military) of National France were born in Algeria. This all depends how diffrent historical course affected their ancestors. Well, some were even born in completely diffrent families, like Steve Martin being French President and IRL French President being Bonaparte.

:D

I know I am not famous, but even I decided to change who I was here, lol. Alternate history is fun to toy with. :cool:

Palais Bourbon
Paris, Kingdom of France
4 February 2008

Duke Philippe was leaving the King's cabinet together with Count Henri. When they were going trough a lonely hallway, Philippe d'Orleans stopped.

- Heaven, tell me Comte de Lyon, what are we doing? We were again at meeting with His Majesty Francois VI, who is in fact an adolescent youngster in his twenties, just like his ancestor George of Hannover that was brought by Germans some decades ago and crowned for French king as Francois III. I was born and raised to be the King of Kings, not the puppet of puppets! This is ridiculous, we're trapped here in this joke of the state, and I am supposed to be some kind of Prime Minister, altough former prime minister Charles Duke of Burgundy still has the real power. He's damn German puppet. Position of King's advisor gives him a lot of informal influence. Why do they even need me here?

- Calm down Your Highness. Everything is better than being the King of forsaken piece of desert in North Africa. Do not worry, your time will come!

- Oh, don't remind me on this so-called French republic! It caused me too much suffering. They forced us to leave...

- Being here is much better option, Your Highness.

- Comte, the reason we had to left is bothering me a lot. I can't stop thinking about that.

- Don't worry, Your Highness. Tyrant Dassault made a false-flag operation and pointed on us. But we will have our satisfaction one day.

- Comte, I still don't know what really happened. Everything happened so fast…I was thinking a lot about that. I think it's time I ask you for the Truth.

- Don't hesitate to ask, Your Highness.

- You already had contacts with Germans when we had to flee. It seems to me like everything was part of some higher plan. Comte, I know you since my childhood. No matter what is it like, you need to tell me the Truth. What had Germans with that affair?

- Your Highness…

- Don't hide anything from me. Please, I want only the Truth. Nothing can be changed now, so you can tell me what happened.

- Very well. Listen carefully. I didn't reveal you this secret before, but now it's the right time. I am rational man and I always knew that insisting in exile is ridiculous thing. That's why I made a contact with Germans long time ago. We made a good deal with the Kaiser. If the Bourbons take power in National France, Germans will return us French mainland for exchange of our friendship. We belong to Europe, the Old Continent is home of real nobility and noble tradition. What are we seeking in Entente, this club of usurpers, dictators and quasi-monarchies? Germans can help us to bring back the glory of France, can't you see that?

- Please continue, Count of Lyon.

- The recent plebiscite was great oportunity for us. We counted on victory, but we also had a reserve plan. Germans agreed to help us. Plebiscite was lost for us, and Germans activated the reserve plan. They ambushed Dassault's car. If they wanted him dead at this time, he wouldn't be alive now. But they made sure not to kill him. Consequences were predicted well. He picked on opposition and made his dream to come true: Now he's dictator. But he lost credibility this way. Everyone believe that he set up the false attack to discredit opposition.

- And evidence in my residence?

- I set them up. This was so obvisous! Nobody would put evidence in his home, but republican fools took the bait! It looked like if goverment planted evidence to get rid of you!

- I'm confused. I don't know what to say. I don't know if this is good or bad.

- Of course it's good, Dassault would try to get rid of us sooner or later. And after all, he would probably never let the kingdom being restored. We have much greater chance of success here.

- I still don't understand. What does being German puppet benefit us, how this helps our cause?

- Oh, Your Majesty, you have still a lot to learn about the art of politics.

- This is one crazy story. But nothing can't be really done now.

- We only have to wait, your Majesty. For now, we only have to stick with our version of story. It was all Dassault's conspiracy. Entire Europe thinks so, and many people in French republic also. Our time will come very soon.

- What are you talking about?

- About the Grand Bargain. The offer that can't be refused. But enough secrets for today. Get some rest, I will tell you about that next time.

The two nobles left the Palace of Bourbons. Altough they were Bourbons, they had to reside in some other mansion in Paris. Royal palace was occupied by King Francois VI, member of German founded dynasty. But Count of Lyon had an excellent plan to put an end to all republics, communes, empires and false kingdoms that plagued France so long.

Perry_CSA.jpg

While cunning Bourbon count dreamed of restoration of legitimate French kingdom, some other dreams came true in North America. With new constitution, Southern Commonwealth was transformed into Confederation of American States(CAS). Name Confederate States of America was not chosen to prevent confusion with Combined Syndicates of America. New formal names were given to military branches: Confederate Army, Confederate Navy and Confederate Air Force. New country was confederation of eight states: Texas, Sequoyah, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and Florida. Capital stayed in Dallas, where also Presidental Office, Congress, supreme command of armed forces, Confederate Bureau of Investigation(CBI) and Supreme Court were located. Rick Perry was elected for first President of Confederation of American States. As Southern Commonwealth was no more, Perry entered his first term as Confederate president(his second and last presidental term in Southern Commonwealth would expire in end of 2008). Confederation of American States was commonly known simply as ''Confederacy''.

Meanwhile, French republic continued with improvements in military. Commander Le Muffen was promoted, and his unit was expanded and equiped with best transport helicopters. This unit soon became commonly known as ''Muffen's Cavalry''. Corps for mountain warfare was also expanded for two new brigades.

LeMuffenArmy.jpg

NoirArmy.jpg

Now I think it should soon be time for the Confederates to reach Fort Sumter and hold a celebration of reunification there, lol.

Heavy plotting in France, I wonder how the situation will evolve. The Count of Lyon is a clever guy but can the Germans be fooled ?

I can see that the Confederacy has become a very strong ally. If you give them enough time, they will be able to build a powerful military force that will be a huge asset against the Combined Syndicates of America.

Also, I am looking forward to seeing National France's new military forces in combat. I hope we get to see them take part in something huge.

Good Update.

Hopefully something involving a neutral state, let's not start picking on Alliance members now....unless is Syndicalism, Syndicalism bad, Democracy good...

...what the heck am I saying???

Both are bad, but Autocracy is good my friend. :D

I have a feeling that the Bourbons are going to be undone by their plotting soon enough, it's clear that they need the Germans far more than the Germans need them and they're going to have trouble taking power seeing as they're so obviously German puppets.

Now is the time to sweep into the CSA and destroy Obamunism once and for all. :D

Establishment of Entente United Command
March 2008

Recent conflict in North America exposed weakness of Entente, as allied nations failed to unite and rather chosed to follow their private interests. Well, this wasn't such a catastrophy for Canada as American Union State was defeated anyway and small war attracted much less German attention than the war of entire Entente against American Union State would. Thanks to image of ''Canadian private war'', Germans didn't decide to make any serious steps. But such lack of unity would bring terrible consequences if this was some other kind of war, like war with Internationale for example. Canadians also found lack of cooperation between allies quite disturbing. Other major alliances demanded very strong cooperation between their members in both time of peace and in the time of war. Mitteleuropa was divided into sectors to allow better local cooperation, but it also operated in very centralized way at the same time.

Canadian general staff came to interesting concept after long time of arguing. Basic idea was to create some kind of joint command, which would allow very efficient cooperation between members in Entente in both critical and peaceful times. Negotiations with other members of Entente were quite successful, with exception of Russia that didn't allow ''such a drastic intrusion into Russian soveregnity''. Russia tried to stay secretive even towards her allies, and such idea wasn't very close to Russian strategic thought. However, Russia was still interested for limited cooperation in this project and didn't completely refuse the idea. Other members accepted full cooperation and concept was soon transformed into complex organization, named Entente United Command. Headquarters were placed in Montreal(this was some kind of compromise between French and Canadians).

All members except Russia sent some of their leaders into joint staff. According to Canadian leadership in Entente, Canadian officer was chosen for commander in chief to lead united staff. It was expected that some resigned generalissimo will be chosen for commander in chief, but surprisingly this position was given to young Canadian general Mobius that proved his abilities of tactical thinking and cooperation during the recent war against American Union State, when he took part in Canadian invasion on Florida and captured Miami in coordinated assault of his units and troops of Southern Commonwealth. Abilities of international cooperation were essential for supreme commander and General Mobius was confirmed for this position. However, meritocracy ended when other position were distributed. Every nation of Entente struggled to get leadership of at least one section in joint command, and such demands were granted at the end, as Canadians didn't want any more tensions between their allies.

Joint chiefs under leadership of supreme commander were divided into several sections according to their specialization. Each section had it's own commander. Russian officers didn't take part in joint staff, but they were still able to cooperate with joint command via their military mission in Entente United Command. General Secretariat was the body responsible for bureaucratic work and cooperation between diffrent parts of united command. It's also responsible for communication with observer states and potential allies of Entente. In sector for security and espionage various security and secret services of Entente members exchange data and information. There is also special commissariat that is responsible for establishing provisional administration in enemy territories that might get occupied by Entente armies. Three directorates in economics sector supervise special types of economic cooperation.

AlliedSupremeCommand2.jpg

I see France gets propaganda, I wanna see French propaganda now, has to be pretty funny.

What about a General Garcia-Shapiro having some role in the Entente United Command?

Ohhh, I see my General Caballero is leading Special Operations :D